According to Aaron Rodgers -- The NFC is Wide Open

Polaris

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ahebqd3 said:
Exittium":3ahebqd3 said:
Crizilla":3ahebqd3 said:
well, the 4, 5, and 6 seed have won the superbowl or have at least been there. I still don't think they can win here, though. Carolina has the best chance because they have a stingy defense and lead the league in sacks. They can give Russ trouble.

Well essentially I believe all the NFC teams.. Have had at a minimum a Superbowl appearance. The Eagles losing to Oakland back in the 80's and then to NE in 04 .. ahem Spygate.. Then Carolina has their SB appearance in like 03 or something against once again NE just before the spygate. And since the spygate controversy NE has only had 1 sb appearance that they lost.. (Not like NE matters anyways we'll murder any AFC opponent we face in the Superb owl!

I think the comment is more respective to the fact San Francisco, new Orleans and green bay have been the last three NFC representatives in the super bowl

Which is a slap in tha face to the Eagles, Seahawks, and Panthers, and frankly San Fran is probably better than Green Bay right now (even with Rogers) let alone Carolina or Seattle. Rodgers needs to shut his trap.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
OK...explain how "the NFC is wide open" is somehow a slap?

I guess I'm not getting it (is it because Rodgers doesn't admit his team has no chance?)

Because... Well... The NFC is wide open

Polaris

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2jy3ojjd said:

I guess I'm not getting it (is it because Rodgers doesn't admit his team has no chance?)

This part by Rodgers:

There are some teams that haven't been up as the lead dog before but wanted to, and some teams with championship experience sitting down at the bottom half.

Is a direct slap against both Seattle and Carolina. It also isn't true which makes it worse.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Polaris":1e4wvs8o said:
Uncle Si":1e4wvs8o said:

This part by Rodgers:

There are some teams that haven't been up as the lead dog before but wanted to, and some teams with championship experience sitting down at the bottom half.

How many NFC championships have Wilson, Newton, Carroll and Riverboat Ron been in? Kelly? Files? What about Karp, Rodgers or Brees?

I mean I see what you're saying but this seems a pretty innocuous and fairly reasonable assessment

I've no doubt we are going to the Super Bowl... But I'd imagine the other 5 teams feel slightly optimistic

Polaris

Reaction score
Uncle Si":27rafct4 said:
Polaris":27rafct4 said:
Uncle Si":27rafct4 said:

This part by Rodgers:

How many NFC championships have Wilson, Newton, Carroll and Riverboat Ron been in? Kelly? Files? What about Karp, Rodgers or Brees?

I mean I see what you're saying but this seems a pretty innocuous and fairly reasonable assessment

I've no doubt we are going to the Super Bowl... But I'd imagine the other 5 teams feel slightly optimistic

I see it as a deliberate slight. I am virtually certain the Legion of Boom does as well. Both Carolina and Seattle have had Championships.....Seattle as recently as 2010 (counting division titles). In fact Seattle has been in the playoffs three of the past four years.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Well I think you're looking too hard

And I highly doubt professional athletes care less about perceived slights. At least ones that require so much assumption

As I said... Russell Wilson hasy not played in an NFC championship. He will in 3 weeks... Trying to make that fact some sort of slight requires far less confidence than I feel our team has

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2dagf00h said:

And I highly doubt professional athletes care less about perceived slights. At least ones that require so much assumption

As I said... Russell Wilson hasy not played in an NFC championship. He will in 3 weeks... Trying to make that fact some sort of slight requires far less confidence than I feel our team has

Taken at face value you are right.

But this is Aaron "smug face" Rodgers we are talking about here.

The disdain he has for Seattle is obvious, and thus its pretty safe to surmise he was being an arrogant SOB and taking a snide shot with this comment.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Gotta agree. I think any of these 6 can beat any other. It's going to be tough, no doubt about it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2t3v4h72 said:

No, it's pretty simple really, in that every single Quarterback in the League that makes it TO a championship game, will have done it for A FIRST TIME.

Rodgers is trying to diminish other teams exploits, by pretty much down playing their validity of getting to the top of the heap.

He had to work his way up to playing HIS first game, and I doubt like hell that he was telling everyone around him in Packerville, that there were no worries, and that it was a given that they were going to win.

Well fast forward to this Year?, Russell Wilson isn't assuming that he and the Seahawks are a shoe-in.
You don't count your chickens by the number of unfertilized eggs you have in the basket.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Christ on a bike... The hell are you even on about?

All i read is Rodgers saying his Packers have every chance of winning. The rest is assumptions based on the same tired over sensitive butt hurt martyrs we see every time anyone doesn't claim Seahawk superiority, a #1 ranking or the refs stealing games from us. He basically summed up the NFC playoff picture... Quite well to be fair.

Unfertilized eggs? Ffs ...

Polaris

Reaction score
The thing is after a lot of Aaron Rodgers comments last year when he could have helped douse fires and deliberately didn't vis a vis Seattle, I am no longer inclined to give him any benefit of the doubt.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Polaris":26tzom9u said:
The thing is after a lot of Aaron Rodgers comments last year when he could have helped douse fires and deliberately didn't vis a vis Seattle, I am no longer inclined to give him any benefit of the doubt.

Benefit of the doubt or not... Who cares? He's not wrong. The 4,5 and 6 seeds have Super Bowl pedigree. The QB and head coach of all three have been there recently. The 1 and 2 seeds have yet to experience it. Two young QBs now playoff favorites against vets (albeit Kaep isn't a vet) who've been to that game?

Can't deny it.

I don't think it matters which is why I don't think his comments intended or not "slight" matter.its the reality of it. Who cares if he points it out? Why cant we accept it without acting like 7th grade girls?

Again, I'd be shocked if our team cared even the slightest. And if a team (especially a D) known for its brash talk did take offense that what does that say about our focus?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Uncle Si":qu1h74z5 said:
Polaris":qu1h74z5 said:

Benefit of the doubt or not... Who cares? He's not wrong. The 4,5 and 6 seeds have Super Bowl pedigree. The QB and head coach of all three have been there recently. The 1 and 2 seeds have yet to experience it. Two young QBs now playoff favorites against vets (albeit Kaep isn't a vet) who've been to that game?

Can't deny it.

I don't think it matters which is why I don't think his comments intended or not "slight" matter.its the reality of it. Who cares if he points it out? Why cant we accept it without acting like 7th grade girls?

Again, I'd be shocked if our team cared even the slightest. And if a team (especially a D) known for its brash talk did take offense that what does that say about our focus?

Aaron Rodgers is a douche. This particular comment is hardly the only evidence.

Pointing it out is hardly 7th grade girl behavior.

Lecturing everyone else on how to react is another story.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":35c2xbzg said:
He really should worry about winning against the 49ers. Which I don't see given they have no clue on how to stop Keapernick and their defense is even worse then the last game, if that's even possible.

Once upon a time Harbaugh owned Carroll too..

They came awfully close to beating them in Week 1 even with Kaep having the game of his life. I don't think a Packers win is far fetched at all.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Just a simple question. With weather being a large factor in the 2 coming WC games, just what will all of you Rodgers detractors say if both Philly and GB win over teams with superior records?

Personally, I could give a flying fart what he says. He is correct however with a small caveat. Frisco loses games to teams it should beat easily, NO plays like dog doo doo on the road and even worse in open stadiums. Carolina almost mimics us in that they have a superb D and an iffy O.

The NFC is wide open, until any of them come to the clink. Then the cream rises.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but Niners will be winning that game. They are built for that type of game. Strong D, and a good running game, good on both sides of the lines.
Man I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the Packers beating them.

ok, that hurt to say

Latest posts