Abe Lucas

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think Blythe is a Waldron guy. He was with the Lambs when Waldron was a coach.
Right, and therefore assumed to be an improvement over Pocic because of communication accuracy. But I'm talking about getting an improvement in terms of being a blocking force in the middle of the O Line, in addition to the other duties that make center one of the most critical positions for an effective offense.

sutz

Reaction score
Right, and therefore assumed to be an improvement over Pocic because of communication accuracy. But I'm talking about getting an improvement in terms of being a blocking force in the middle of the O Line, in addition to the other duties that make center one of the most critical positions for an effective offense.
Oh, I get you. Our interior O-line has been weak so far. Hard to argue that.

toffee

Reaction score
should have kept pocic,

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
We should have kept Pocic and George Fant...(and DJ Reed and Shaquill Griffin. It seems like we could sure use Bobby and KJ as well.) Has it been worth it to let these good players go?

Now that "DangerPuss" has gone to Denver. we should have enough cap space in the future to keep some of our "home grown" talent like Lucas and Cross.

toffee

Reaction score
We should have kept Pocic and George Fant...(and DJ Reed and Shaquill Griffin. It seems like we could sure use Bobby and KJ as well.) Has it been worth it to let these good players go?

Now that "DangerPuss" has gone to Denver. we should have enough cap space in the future to keep some of our "home grown" talent like Lucas and Cross.
George Fant was replaced twice by Duane Brown, first in Seattle, now Jets. Both Hawks and Jets had no confidence in him?

BASF

Reaction score

At the price Griffin got, no thank you. He has not and more than likely will never earn that money.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Seahawks having multiple top-tier guys on the OL, and if Pete and John aspire to have one of the best lines in the NFL, maybe one or two more non-Russified pieces to come via 2023 draft. Never thought I'd see the day!

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Not all of those sacks were on him. PC has already said Geno needed to step up into the pocket against Denver. those 2 sacks were more on him than on Cross. He's given up I think 3 maybe 4 sacks in 3 games. He's held up well aside from those. The most devastating sack was given up by our Center on 3rd and 9.

I'm not overly concerned about that. I'm more concerned about why he's losing those reps. It's obviously that he gets tired by the 4th quarter. He loses his leverage, his footwork can get sloppy, and he gave up those pressures.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any numbers on where the Seahawks' tight ends have lined up? Has the team been helping either of the two new tackles more than the other with tight ends?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
There is an article about Lucas and Cross in The Athletic today. They note that Lucas has not allowed a sack in 142 snaps and only 3 QB hits. And also excellent on run blocking. They think Cross is very good and Lucas is better. Might be true, but only played 4 games. But it’s clear that Lucas is playing great. Bears drafted V. Jones just before Lucas was taken by Seattle. If they had a redo, they would have taken Lucas….so would other teams.

OP
OP
hoxrox

hoxrox

Reaction score
There is an article about Lucas and Cross in The Athletic today. They note that Lucas has not allowed a sack in 142 snaps and only 3 QB hits. And also excellent on run blocking. They think Cross is very good and Lucas is better. Might be true, but only played 4 games. But it’s clear that Lucas is playing great. Bears drafted V. Jones just before Lucas was taken by Seattle. If they had a redo, they would have taken Lucas….so would other teams.
They seem to run better on the right side than they do on the left. Some of that is Lucas, some of it is the TE formations.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
As that tape shows, he does a good job of sealing out the DE to create a running hole. His technique on both pass plays and running plays is very solid. He’s obviously had some good coaches, and he’s an intelligent player.

Rainger

Reaction score
Well, I sure hope so. I like both Cross and Lucas and they both are showing a lot of potential. But the odds are that one of them isn't going to make it. I'll be happy if just one of them blossoms into a solid starter.
Why are there those odds??? I would say the odds are, looking at their technique, their college years and how they are being coached up in Seattle, that barring injury they will both be top tier tackles for years and years to come.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
This is one of the most difficult positions to master. These guys are just rookies with only 4 games experience. That’s way too early to set any odds. But if I had to bet on which guy will be first voted to the Pro Bowl, my money would be on Lucas.