A question about Geno's contract and Jalen Carter's arrest

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
What even is your point, if there is one?

Carter didn't do any of this, cause "law enforcement?"
It didn't happen like it was reported, cause "law enforcement?"
The facts were embellished cause of "law enforcement?"

Please, enlighten us with how your poor view of law enforcement pertains to this discussion.
It started in a response to whmbonney about Carter returning to the science 90 minutes later and the police reporting no signs of alcohol involvement. I explained how I have no faith in what they claim due to the stature of the player involved. I never claimed he was or wasn’t drinking nor did I claim the police “embellished” or were the “cause”. If you want to have unmitigated faith in law enforcement that is your right.
As for the quote you used, that was in response to Soul claiming that I was turning this into “cop hate” and his belief that not having blind faith is “pathetic”

I know it’s shameful for me to think the police may “help” a talented star football player maintain his draft status.

What is the appropriate view of current policing in this country?

Fun side note, anyone here know the story of one of UW’s star players who befitted greatly from law enforcement and the DA washing away his crimes? You know that wonderful guy Jeremy Stevens.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
He was involved in an illegal activity that lead to death, you don’t have to be in the same car to share responsibility. And maybe you have more faith in the police of that area …I myself have ZERO faith in any cop to do the right thing. Throw in the fact Carter is a well known UGA national champion and the idea that a person who fled the scene of a deadly accident is given the benefit of doubt without any further toxicology(that I’m aware of) It seems to add up to plenty of negligence to go around.
If I was racing and part of a deadly accident then fled for 90 minutes…. I would most definitely be arrested.
I see so If i'm driving down the road next to someone and they decide to drive into oncoming traffic, it's partially my fault for 'being there' and I should share the responsibility.

You're just a butthurt authoritarian who probably wants to give police the ability to judge jury and execute in the field.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I think you've made your point. You literally have no faith in law enforcement. That's pretty sad.
I will ask again… What level of faith meets your threshold of acceptability?
I see so If i'm driving down the road next to someone and they decide to drive into oncoming traffic, it's partially my fault for 'being there' and I should share the responsibility.

You're just a butthurt authoritarian who probably wants to give police the ability to judge jury and execute in the field.
Your example has no equivalence to the case being discussed. But if you were racing someone and they drove into oncoming traffic then yes you would have some culpability. You may not be prosecuted or imprisoned but depending on the state you live in arrest would not be out of the question.
Not sure why you need to throw insults but your take on me being an “authoritarian…” does not jibe with my “poor” view on law enforcement….luz

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I will ask again… What level of faith meets your threshold of acceptability?

Your example has no equivalence to the case being discussed. But if you were racing someone and they drove into oncoming traffic then yes you would have some culpability. You may not be prosecuted or imprisoned but depending on the state you live in arrest would not be out of the question.
Not sure why you need to throw insults but your take on me being an “authoritarian…” does not jibe with my “poor” view on law enforcement….luz
You're culpable for the offense of racing.

You're not "responsible" for the death of another person, like you've been harping on this whole thread.

Nobody is saying he is innocent but trying to make this young man accountable for the life of someone who made their own choices involved in an accident (it's still an accident regardless of circumstances) is pretty smallbrains.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
So are you saying you believe the police are lying?
I live in the south and know how things can be especially when it comes to SEC football in Athens the players are put on a pedestal. If a cop does something to jeopardize the program he could lose his job or be in a position he would quit.

chrispy

Reaction score
Uhhhh.... Are we going to be sworn in now and proceed to deliberations after page 20?

I, personally, don't care if he's broken the law or not. I don't care if he's found guilty of misdemeanors or felonies or picking his nose. It looks bad and he had every chance to avoid it. It is bad,, even if it's not illegal.. His future in the NFL is not so guaranteed that I, personally, would want someone making those decisions when there are others eager to make the right decisions.

Pick the next best available that choses to avoid situations where people die. Let another team deal with the drama and hope JS drafts multiple DLs that have an early bedtime, are gym fanatics and love to dissect film.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Didn't Bruce Irvin and Frank Clark have rad flags prior to being drafted? If we draft Carter, I'm going to assume Pete and John did some due diligence. And I'll be stoked.

Chapow

Reaction score
I live in the south and know how things can be especially when it comes to SEC football in Athens the players are put on a pedestal. If a cop does something to jeopardize the program he could lose his job or be in a position he would quit.

What do you suppose would happen to a police officer if they lied about it and then later on it was discovered that he had been drinking and the cop tried to cover for him? You really think a cop is going to take that risk? And for what? To protect the draft status of some guy he almost certainly has no association with whatsoever?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
What do you suppose would happen to a police officer if they lied about it and then later on it was discovered that he had been drinking and the cop tried to cover for him? You really think a cop is going to take that risk? And for what? To protect the draft status of some guy he almost certainly has no association with whatsoever?
Nailed it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Didn't Bruce Irvin and Frank Clark have rad flags prior to being drafted? If we draft Carter, I'm going to assume Pete and John did some due diligence. And I'll be stoked.
Yeah, but they don't really make those kinds of picks anymore. Not after 2017. They retooled their whole draft strategy after the McDowell fiasco.

GemCity

Reaction score
I dont care about the off-field stuff with Carter. If Anderson, Stroud, and Richardson are all off the board, he should be the easy pick.
I cautiously agree Rat. Just hoping he isn’t another Malik McD I’d we so grab him.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
You're culpable for the offense of racing.

You're not "responsible" for the death of another person, like you've been harping on this whole thread.

Nobody is saying he is innocent but trying to make this young man accountable for the life of someone who made their own choices involved in an accident (it's still an accident regardless of circumstances) is pretty smallbrains.

I stipulate that he can’t be held for a murder. But then again, he told police he was close enough to see the taillights at the crash. But left.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
All I can say is I used to have a ton of premonition dreams but FWIW my Seahawks dreams have been close to a coin toss. However, it was pretty detailed and vivid so I would put it at maybe 60/40%?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

So did McDowell.

But I do trust John, if he's vetted Carter and he and Pete think the talent and culture of the Hawks locker room is worth the risk? Then cool with me.

My only worry is the unknown of what the league office is going to do with Carter, might be a suspension incoming if even a little bit of this is true.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I stipulate that he can’t be held for a murder. But then again, he told police he was close enough to see the taillights at the crash. But left.

If I were a football player with an NFL career on the horizon and was out racing with a bunch of people and there was a wreck that I wasn't involved in aside from just being there, I probably wouldn't risk sticking around either.

Especially if I were black and it was the south. People here are insinuating the cops covered for him; I'd be more concerned about the opposite. Every black man I know isn't hanging around anywhere the cops are showing up if they can help it.

Latest posts