8-6, so At Least .500 again

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Yeah, sure sucks losing some games without some of your biggest stars and to see them sort of melt down, drop some open passes and miss some field goals. Man those penalties too! I think we have another game Christmas yeah? :irishdrinkers: :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1fu0x0rz said:
Not over til it's over

Oh its probably over for this year. But this fanbase acts like a bunch of spoiled brats.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The bright side is that it might be better to miss the playoffs this year.

Too many injuries. The Rams can't stay that healthy next year, while it's unlikely we get this injured again.

It's better to miss the playoffs for slightly better draft positioning, but ultimately it might be just what this team needs to light a fire under them for a couple more years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This fan bas IS a bunch of spoiled brats. If they don't win by 70, whine and moan. If they lose to a great team, they suck, blah blah blah. Every time they lose, they're done blah blah blah.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Well, we probably are done with respect to the playoffs. Need to win out, Detroit to lose a game, and ATL to lose two games.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1tuajd86 said:
This fan bas IS a bunch of spoiled brats. If they don't win by 70, whine and moan. If they lose to a great team, they suck, blah blah blah. Every time they lose, they're done blah blah blah.

FACTS.

Many "newer" fans had built up this idea that losing at all means total and utter failure regardless of circumstance. Seriously, this team is banged up all over the place and flat out are not worthy to win this division anyway so who cares? Next year will be a whole new year albeit with a few less internet fans some bandwagon peeps have and will continue to bail.

About to have yet another season of over plus .500 ball and will be most likely be in the playoff hunt until the end of the year, giving us something to root for.

HawkerD

Reaction score
In the end the organization will be judged on how well they can turn it around. If it is comparable to short down turns like they had in Baltimore under Harbaugh or Pittsburgh under Tomlin then it will judged in a good light. On the other hand is they stay down like Tampa and many others then not so much. Except for the Pats, teams will go through cycles as rosters turn over. It's how quickly you can get back on top.

If Garappalo is the real deal and SF is on the upswing, the fans in the bay area will have nothing to complain about. Likewise if the hawks can get back to top tier in 3 or 4 years then we won't have anything to complain about. I just hope the hawks haven't mortgaged the future with all the draft pick trades. Talent evaluation will be critical for the next 3 years.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Well, I guess a "C" average is good enough for the diehard fans.

FACT: team is not beat up all over the place, just the defense. Which doesn't help. And doesn't justify scoring NO points even if the field position is less than desirable. Even Kirk Cousins can move the ball all the way down the field. If we get a 10+ yard play it's a Christmas miracle. Until the well-timed yellow flag dictated by Park Avenue comes out to negate it.

I know a lot of Cleveland/et al fans would give their left nugget to have a team that ends the season with a winning record, but to watch so much talent and big dollas, and good will just get tossed aside for...whatever reason it is. Apathy? You can get inside your own head sometimes, and that is endemic on this team right now. Party's over, let's start a fist fight for no reason.

Pass.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
In what would is average good enough? Diehards or not, average isn't good enough. And I doubt many people are satisfied with this season at all.

Optimus25

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hp7b3v8 said:

I've seen you post this idea several times, but I have to say there was quite a bit of truth to the gripes during the wins. As we've seen lately, the terrible offensive starts WILL drag this team down eventually. Russ can't play JC Superstar every single 4th quarter, let alone eventually we'll just be too far behind to comeback anyway. That was the main complaint I would see during and after wins- why the hell does our offense play full throttle late and like they're stuck in mud early?

Very valid complaints validated by the last two games.

What would you rather have a fanbase talking about when we win but the fanbase sees the disaster coming down the tracks? Yesterday was every single gameday forum complaint about the slow starts signed, sealed, and delivered "VALID".

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, complaining about how a team WINS is ridiculous. It doesn't matter how it looks, this isn't the BCS. Bring on the ugly wins, that's what this team does, they win ugly, quite often. Clearly they have major issues this year, but my point is that this fan base has a LOT of people who still whine about WINS. Screw that, a win is a win. It's very annoying they almost always start slow. But when they WIN a game and people still whine about it? To each his/her own, and that's cool.

mikeak

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":13czrxgf said:

With all due respect you are either not understanding the point by those complaining or intentionally not listening

Most of us are not complaining about the score. We don't judge the team based on if it was a narrow loss or big loss.

We judge the product on the field. We understand that the better team can sometime lose. I put the Atlanta game in that category - we played really well and executed nicely

The Green Bay game, Redskin game and first half of Jacksonville game are embarrassing (yeah I assume we all know the LAR game is beyond that).

We played like crap, we played scared, we played with little offensive creativity. Kind of like the Panthers playoff game a few years back

There are many other games where the coaching has been the same we just have managed to barely win despite being a much better team. The fact that we haven't addressed our weakness over the past few years, the fact that our offensive playcalling is HORRIBLE year after year an that it completely ignores our horrible o-line (ie screen passes, moving the pocket, quick passes and hot routes aren't used) those things are legit complaints no matter the final score.

SoulfishHawk":13czrxgf said:
Well, complaining about how a team WINS is ridiculous. It doesn't matter how it looks, this isn't the BCS. Bring on the ugly wins, that's what this team does, they win ugly, quite often. Clearly they have major issues this year, but my point is that this fan base has a LOT of people who still whine about WINS. Screw that, a win is a win. It's very annoying they almost always start slow. But when they WIN a game and people still whine about it? To each his/her own, and that's cool.

If you can't watch a win and realize that they won DESPITE many factors in their control then I am not sure how to answer. The fact that this continues to happen and we continue to fail to address those problems is a part of the issue. This is what upsets people - the winning should there without major issues EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

Doesn't mean we aren't happy about the win. Just that we know that those mistakes are not sustainable and when it all happens at once then you have yesterday's game.......

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Makes total sense, and I'm not trying to argue. All in how you look at it, that's all.
I'm very aware of how bad they look, even in wins. But I prefer to actually enjoy wins, regardless how they look. As far as yesterday goes, that was maybe the worst game they have ever played. Absolutely putrid performance.
But when they win, I enjoy the week to the utmost, it's a week w/a Win in the books, that's always a good thing.
And one thing that helps........Denial rocks :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt Tampa Bay was one of those media darlings that crapped the bed. Come on Winston, step it up son.

Seymour

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2bq6pokk said:
Sure would be nice if Atlanta lost tonight.

Why? So we have a shot to squeak into the playoffs 1 more year and more of the same shit show year 3 next year?

AgentDib

Reaction score
You're not going to persuade people on this issue because it depends on too many underlying opinions about the NFL. Even in the completely loaded thread posted a week ago about how many titles a top 5 team would win 80% of the respondents were impossibly optimistic. The NFL is a dark and dismal forest where each year playoff contenders fall into mediocrity, bottom feeders turn into contenders (except the Browns), and half of the league is sunk during the course of the season by mounting injuries.

Most NFL fans have enormous difficulty accepting that the outcome of a game only tells you who the better team was around two thirds of the time. See all the fans who don't care about a 6th seed this season because they believe in fate or destiny or determinism instead of probability.

It's not about being OK with parity any more than it is about being OK with gravity. Claiming that you have high standards and are not OK with either is an empty gesture demonstrating a lack of perspective. I've never met Kris Richard and it would actually be great if we could replace him and suddenly have all our of backups play like pro bowlers. However, that's just too naive of a view to be comforting.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Seymour":z1in1ubi said:
seahawkfreak":z1in1ubi said:
Sure would be nice if Atlanta lost tonight.

Why? So we have a shot to squeak into the playoffs 1 more year and more of the same shit show year 3 next year?

Yes, I'd rather have a chance than no chance at all. And to be frank I'm quite annoyed at condescending people like you telling us that we should be cheering for the team to lose.