6 times in 30 years

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":38xdxpkv said:
Sports Hernia":38xdxpkv said:
Washington49er":38xdxpkv said:
NINEster":38xdxpkv said:
We're defining relevancy by Super Bowl victories by 23+ points?

Seahawks haven't been relevant in 5 years now by that logic.

Logic is wasted here.
Then why do you keep showing up here?

Like I said you are just so cool, everybody wants to hang with you.
Translation: To troll.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":eqwc3pgp said:
Sports Hernia":eqwc3pgp said:
Washington49er":eqwc3pgp said:
Sports Hernia":eqwc3pgp said:
Then why do you keep showing up here?

Like I said you are just so cool, everybody wants to hang with you.
Translation: To troll.

Translation: limited vocabulary

Ingest a satchel of richards.

quadsas

Reaction score
NINEster":9ae1wzvv said:
sdog1981":9ae1wzvv said:
With the full-on existential dread with knowing 1990 will be 30 years ago in 43 days.

I just wanted everyone to realize the Seattle Seahawks, our team has only lost 10 or more games 6 times in 30 years. Just 6 times and three of those seasons were more than 25 years ago 1992,93, and 94.

This team has been well run and on par with some of the best run teams in any 30-year span of NFL history.

The Seahawks are not the Browns who got ripped away from a city and rebuilt into a monument to losing.

The Seahawks are not the 49ers who have not been relevant since the advent of the internet.

The Seahawks are not the Lions who have been awful since Bobby Layne was traded in 1958

The Seahawks are not the Redskins who have made it their life goal to tarnish their brief Superbowl legacy every day. With an awful owner who will outlive the few fans who remember their glory years.

The Seahawks are the got-damn team from South Alaska that pisses off Pete Prisco and his NYC east coast sportswriter buddies because they keep winning and I am darn proud to call my self a 12.

We're defining relevancy by Super Bowl victories by 23+ points?

Seahawks haven't been relevant in 5 years now by that logic.

Lmao that would've been a great troll, but I think you are simply that stupid

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
Beauty of being only 30 years old-

Seahawks have been consistently good for 15-20 years

9ers have been relevant for maybe 3-4, and we own their soul.

Even more fun having some of their jealous fans posting in this thread. Keep em coming. :D

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
GREAT post! Besides the content, the responses of the insecure, butt-hurt whiner fans is priceless and so predictable. Great bait for the trolls. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3bdq8t5n said:
GREAT post! Besides the content, the responses of the insecure, butt-hurt whiner fans is priceless and so predictable. Great bait for the trolls. :2thumbs:

I know right? It is like a double bonus :lol:

So if there are still any real 49er fans still reading this. You know your team has been awful over the last few years. The 49ers have won 2 games twice in 15 years. With the win last week the 49ers will have their first winning season since 2014. The 49ers owner Jed York move the team out of the city. It would be the equivalent to the Seahawks moving to Whidbey Island. Your team was one of the best run teams in NFL history, team of the 80s. But like I was saying the team has been poorly run since 2000; bad QBs, bad front offices, bad ownership and now a bad stadium.

seahawksny

Reaction score
sdog1981":137dlefs said:
With the full-on existential dread with knowing 1990 will be 30 years ago in 43 days.

I just wanted everyone to realize the Seattle Seahawks, our team has only lost 10 or more games 6 times in 30 years. Just 6 times and three of those seasons were more than 25 years ago 1992,93, and 94.

This team has been well run and on par with some of the best run teams in any 30-year span of NFL history.

The Seahawks are not the Browns who got ripped away from a city and rebuilt into a monument to losing.

The Seahawks are not the 49ers who have not been relevant since the advent of the internet.

The Seahawks are not the Lions who have been awful since Bobby Layne was traded in 1958

The Seahawks are not the Redskins who have made it their life goal to tarnish their brief Superbowl legacy every day. With an awful owner who will outlive the few fans who remember their glory years.

The Seahawks are the got-damn team from South Alaska that pisses off Pete Prisco and his NYC east coast sportswriter buddies because they keep winning and I am darn proud to call my self a 12.

The Prisco part is the best part- just for good measure

bmorepunk

Reaction score
This fan base has had it really good over the last 15 years.

But those of us that are old enough to remember not winning a playoff game over 20 straight seasons, with only five playoff berths during that time and a stretch of 10 years with no playoffs? I think we're gonna be less up on how good we had it before the first Super Bowl year.

A bunch of those years being 9-7, 8-8, and 7-9? This team was regarded as a joke until the later chunk of Holmgren's tenure.

Only about a quarter of the league has had it the same or worse as far as missing/not winning the playoffs combos since the 1980s. I'm still surprised the Seahawks managed to win a Super Bowl, that damaging period was most of my youth.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Those 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 years were so frustrating. Mediocre, over and over again. Losing games they should have won, over and over again.....

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2l5s8aru said:
Well, it's good to be a Seahawks Fan. I don't want to be called a "12" :lol:

Why not?

Too pretentious?

I wear my 12 jersey to games with pride and fly my 12 flag during playoffs with equal pride. I think the culture of being "part of the team" is what makes the Seahawks organization special. It's a community rather than a "you're just there for my entertainment" mentality.

Proud to be a 12.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I just prefer to be a Seahawks fan, since day 1, 1976. If you knew me, you'd know I'm just messing around. I don't honestly care if someone calls me a 12 or a Hawks fan. Everyone who knows me knows me as a Hawks fan thru thick and thin. Most of my friends call me a 12, it's all in good fun. I just get a little annoyed at some of the newer fans who freak out every time the team doesn't win by 7 touchdowns. I'm just proud of the team and it has been a part of me since the team played their 1st game, win or lose, I never sway. But I'm just a homer so...….
Sure, I'm a 12, I've been called a lot worse :lol:
That all being said, if you truly love the Hawks, you're cool with me. Don't matter if you joined in back in 76 or this year. Bring it on, you chose the correct team.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":c1e7rqf7 said:
I just prefer to be a Seahawks fan, since day 1, 1976. If you knew me, you'd know I'm just messing around. I don't honestly care if someone calls me a 12 or a Hawks fan. Everyone who knows me knows me as a Hawks fan thru thick and thin. Most of my friends call me a 12, it's all in good fun. I just get a little annoyed at some of the newer fans who freak out every time the team doesn't win by 7 touchdowns. I'm just proud of the team and it has been a part of me since the team played their 1st game, win or lose, I never sway. But I'm just a homer so...….
Sure, I'm a 12, I've been called a lot worse :lol:
That all being said, if you truly love the Hawks, you're cool with me. Don't matter if you joined in back in 76 or this year. Bring it on, you chose the correct team.

Perfectly said man

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to that Cowboys/Pats game. That should be an interesting matchup.

RiverDog

Reaction score
At least the Niners made it to a Super Bowl in 2013. Can't say that about the Almighty Cowboys.

There's several other teams that deserve mention as having suffered through a lot of recent losing, including the Jets, Dolphins, Raiders, and Bengals.

Latest posts