5 trophies in the past or 1 now?

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2dotnud1 said:
The three playoff exits are a big deal to them too.

Three in a row I think. For a team that doesn't make the postseason very often.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":15lse9gh said:
Scottemojo":15lse9gh said:
seahawk12thman":15lse9gh said:
Scottemojo":15lse9gh said:
Redskin fans detest the Seahawks by and large. Just saying.

I thought that was more about their view of us mocking the death of Sean Taylor??

You hate the Packers and Bears?
Nope.

Dude, I am just telling you, the 3 playoff exits have them pissed. Go read their websites. They hate the Hawks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3k2cr0u9 said:
Dude, I am just telling you, the 3 playoff exits have them pissed. Go read their websites. They hate the Hawks.
It's glorious. They hate us SO MUCH, and won't even admit it because they're stuck hating the Cowboys and Packers from the 90s.

Giedi

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2srl1f63 said:
Marvin49":2srl1f63 said:
seahawk12thman":2srl1f63 said:
I think you have to win two trophies to be taken seriously amongst the NFL community. Too often people will see your team as a fluke until the 2nd arrives. Personally, I gain a lot more happiness in just getting the first than worrying about if the Niner fans really respect us (based on their vitriolic hatred of us on their board, trust me they do). Niner fans try and kid themselves and say it isn't a rivalry (they post that Dallas or Green Bay is a bigger one) but all you have to do is is read their latest thread "Can the Seahawks be dethroned" and you will see we have their total attention. Their opening game thread with Dallas isn't garnering near the spite. But as Earl Thomas says all the time "it isn't about them".

RE: Rivalry

Well of course Seattle is the Niners biggest CURRENT rival. They just eliminated the Niners in the NFCCG and won the Super Bowl.

Peeps (like me) talk about the Pack and Cowboys as biggest rivals because we remember MULTIPLE playoff losses at the hands of those teams.

Its also probably generational. Younger Niner fans are going to see the Seahawks as the biggest rival ever. Seasoned Niner fans remember too many seasons end against Dallas, Green Bay, or the New York Giants. Seattle has ended their season once, but those other three have done it on multiple occasions.

That's why I love every single solitary second of the last 4 SF-GB matchups. :D

Peeps here seem to take us saying Seattle isn't our biggest rival as a lack or respect...an insult. I can only speak personally, but it ain't that at all. I just remember that sickening "the seasons over" feeling ALOT more in the past against those other teams.

Really? We have been knocked out twice by the Packers and Bears and I don't give a crap about either teams. We have knocked out the Redskins 3 times and the Saints but do their fans really hate the Seahawks for it? If Carolina or San Francisco would have beat us in the NFCCG then that would draw some anger but losing in the opening rounds just means we weren't good enough to win it all anyway. Finally the 2nd time we played the Bears we knocked the defending Super Bowl champ Saints team out with a 7-9 record so for me, any win after that was euphoria.
Packers are a dynasty level franchise. New York Giants have had the satisfaction of ending our almost three-peat and are also multiple super bowl winners. Same with Dallas, they are also multiple super bowl winners. The point Marvin is making is simply that being defeated once in the playoffs by a franchise that won one super bowl isn't at the same level as being defeated multiple times at the highest level of competition by a franchise with long and storied successes in super bowls.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":baeyi1b1 said:
Scottemojo":baeyi1b1 said:
It's glorious. They hate us SO MUCH, and won't even admit it because they're stuck hating the Cowboys and Packers from the 90s.

No, what's "glorious" is watching fans of the current SB Champs cry because the still can't get the recognition and respect they feel they deserves from their rival's fans. It's like the little brother looking for the nod from big brother. You won the SB, stop worrying what 9er fans think about it and just enjoy it. Time is short and a new season is about to start.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2xc1jhia said:
RolandDeschain":2xc1jhia said:
Scottemojo":2xc1jhia said:

No, what's "glorious" is watching fans of the current SB Champs cry because the still can't get the recognition and respect they feel they deserves from their rival's fans. It's like the little brother looking for the nod from big brother. You won the SB, stop worrying what 9er fans think about it and just enjoy it. Time is short and a new season is about to start.
I was talking about the Racist Skins of DC, not the Niners.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Scottemojo":376l5wmp said:
lvnginhwktwn":376l5wmp said:
RolandDeschain":376l5wmp said:
Scottemojo":376l5wmp said:

I was talking about the Racist Skins of DC, not the Niners.

Ooops! My bad, carry on.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Giedi":ftgn9am0 said:
Packers are a dynasty level franchise. New York Giants have had the satisfaction of ending our almost three-peat and are also multiple super bowl winners. Same with Dallas, they are also multiple super bowl winners. The point Marvin is making is simply that being defeated once in the playoffs by a franchise that won one super bowl isn't at the same level as being defeated multiple times at the highest level of competition by a franchise with long and storied successes in super bowls.

LMAO... What a load of monkey shit. Ya Sure You Betcha you DenialNiner.

The Giants have peppered the Niners, a game here and a game there. Once in 2011 and oh... 23 years ago, 27 years ago? Puh-lease.

The Packers have lost more to the Niners than reversed, especially recently with that gaping, bleeding, porous, festering gash of a defense.

The Cowboys? Sure Giedi, I will give you that. It was over 20 years ago.

The Niners have NOTHING over the Hawks, ZERO. Even the ancient Super Bowl thing is so distant that I am associating it with the Steelers work of the 70s. They have never ended the Hawks season. The Niners' recent claim to fame over the Hawks is a single win in the Clink against a 7-9 TJack team, while the Niners have watched the Hawks go to the playoffs 8 of the last 11 seasons. Win the division 6 out of the last 10. They have seen the Hawks go to 2 Super Bowls and win one.

No Niner fan ever seems to remember it, but every offseason, going back to 2003 their fans have squawked about winning the division. That it was just a formality and that anyone mentioning any other team was crazy. Every season, like clockwork. The Hawks took those predictions and battered them with Seahawks man chowder season after season. I have been reading Niner hate since the first time they lost to the Hawks in 2003.

Cowboys ? Sure... they slapped the Niners around, but BS on Green Bay and the Giants with their "storied" crap. That is a big load of feces. Green Bay is a doormat and the Niners and Giants have enjoyed one playoff game in over 23 years.

The Hawks and Niners meet all the time and they trade blows, but the Niners have suffered serious beat downs year in and out, even when they were supposed to be "good".

But I'm sure this year will be different! Niner fans predicted it! (But they don't bother themselves with the Hawks)

HansGruber

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3d2ptyjk said:
RolandDeschain":3d2ptyjk said:
Scottemojo":3d2ptyjk said:

I think it's glorious watching some troll stick his foot in his mouth. Downright hilarious.

And why would any Seahawk fan care about "respect" from the stabby drunkards in the Rice and Montana jerseys? You think I care what some Norteno street trash thinks about my favorite team? That pack of Ronald McDonalds hasn't seen a relevant winning franchise once this century.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
HansGruber":1ddzdo1r said:
lvnginhwktwn":1ddzdo1r said:
RolandDeschain":1ddzdo1r said:
Scottemojo":1ddzdo1r said:

I think it's glorious watching some troll stick his foot in his mouth. Downright hilarious.

And why would any Seahawk fan care about "respect" from the stabby drunkards in the Rice and Montana jerseys? You think I care what some Norteno street trash thinks about my favorite team? That pack of Ronald McDonalds hasn't seen a relevant winning franchise once this century.

Yes I stuck my foot my foot in my mouth, you got me.

Just based on the number of 49er related post here, are you really going to try and convince me that you don't care what 49er fans think? Damn! Talk about denial.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":34t5xzh4 said:
seahawk12thman":34t5xzh4 said:
Scottemojo":34t5xzh4 said:
seahawk12thman":34t5xzh4 said:
I thought that was more about their view of us mocking the death of Sean Taylor??

You hate the Packers and Bears?
Nope.

Well of course we do. Not suggesting otherwise.

I'm not quite sure why you guys take it as such an insult that we see another team as a bigger HISTORICAL rivalry. The Seahawks are the biggest CURRENT rival for sure, but they haven't eliminated the 49ers from the playoffs on multiple occasions.

That may be ancient history to you guys, but I remember it clear as day. Roger Craigs fumble in the NFCCG. Brett freakin' Favre. Dallas in the early 90's. grrrr..... HATE those teams.

Seattle is on its way (in terms of the rivalry...they obviously have arrived as a powerhouse and SB Champion). This shouldn't be considered an insult. Not sure why peeps are taking it that way.

Hell...it was the Giants who eliminated the Niners just 2 years ago in another NFCCG.

Kaiser

Reaction score
How about this: i'd gladly take the 1 now over 5 that happened before i knew wtf was going on in a football game.

HansGruber

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1n0chsn8 said:
Yes I stuck my foot my foot in my mouth, you got me.

Just based on the number of 49er related post here, are you really going to try and convince me that you don't care what 49er fans think? Damn! Talk about denial.

YOU made the choice to go to a Seahawks forum and try to convince Seahawk fans that your team is still relevant and that we still care about you. You're the one biting at ankles.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I couldn't care less. Your team and its fans are irrelevant to me outside of the humor you provide. Whiner trash-talk is literally the equivalent of Browns fans talking trash to Steeler fans about all those titles they won in the 40's and 50's.

I don't waste my time with Whiner trash and their Al Bundy-esque bragging about the glorious past. Why would I? Ever since the Seahawks joined the NFC West all we've don is WIN, and own the division. Outside of one run way back in the 1980's, Candlestick is the modern-era Factory of Sadness (TM). Why would any of us care about or respect that?

Or maybe I should call Singletary in here so he can drop trou and wave his jesus necklace in your face to highlight my point. You root for a clown franchise. Fittingly, your team colors perfectly match Ronald McDonald's wardrobe. The 1980's ended a long time ago and the only endorsements Montana's doing now are for Bengay, Metamucil, and various orthopedic shoe makers. Soon, we'll be seeing him mutter "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!" in some infomercial at 3am on a Tuesday. But no Seahawk fans will see it, because most of us have jobs.

But yeah, keep coming over to a Seahawks forum, hanging out with Seahawk fans, biting at our ankles, and talking about how we fear and respect you. Maybe you'll believe yourself some day.

When your team starts tanking again this season, you all will disappear and we will never miss you, having never really known you to begin with. You just showed up here a year ago. Enjoy that flash in the pan, enjoy the last of those top draft picks from Singletary's incompetence. Your window has closed and I'm frankly bored with it all anyway, so thank God that's over.

Bring on the Cardinals.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Kaiser":10cl91pf said:
How about this: i'd gladly take the 1 now over 5 that happened before i knew wtf was going on in a football game.

Again....that's a generational argument.

If they happened before you were a fan, they are just grainy NFL Films footage. If you saw and experienced them all, its something quite different.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Marvin49":19cv4hl2 said:
I'm not quite sure why you guys take it as such an insult that we see another team as a bigger HISTORICAL rivalry. The Seahawks are the biggest CURRENT rival for sure, but they haven't eliminated the 49ers from the playoffs on multiple occasions.

Nobody cares, Al Bundy. Good for you. Back when most of us were in diapers, you got to enjoy some bubbly while your parents span Abba records on the Hi-Fi. Oh yeah, we all know - the Cowgirls and RacistSkins were your rivals.

Newsflash: All 3 of those teams haven't done a single goddam thing in about 20 years. The Cowgirls have become the model of incompetence, and most of their fans HATE the owner. The RacistSkins, well, that joke just tells itself. And again, an owner that every other pro sports team in the world laughs at. A franchise that is held up to losing teams so they can say, "Well, we might suck, but at least we're not them." And in case you didn't notice, the Giants might have beat you and gone on to win a Superbowl 3 years ago, but the Ravens and Seahawks have done the same in the last two years.

So I guess your list of rivals is growing at a pretty rapid pace right about now, huh?

No worries. Soon your team will disappear back into irrelevance, and you can brag with all the other senior citizens at the bocci court about your dominance back in the good ol' days. Maybe get some Gotcha T-shirts and acid-washed Levis, talk in surfer slang, and snort some pretend cocaine (can't do the real stuff because it might interfere with the arthritis medications). Go get em, Al!!

HansGruber

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Colin Kaepernick and I lose when it counts.

Yeah, but check out those tats, brah!!

kaepernick-tats.jpg