Reaction score

5 Mariners in ESPN’s MLB top 100 — how do they compare to Astros?​

The Mariners on the list are:

• No. 7, CF Julio Rodríguez
• No. 37, SP Luis Castillo
• No. 91, SP George Kirby
• No. 98, SP Logan Gilbert
• No. 99, RF Teoscar Hernández

So what can be taken away from the list? First, the No. 7 ranking for Rodríguez is significant for a couple of reasons. First, it’s a full eight positions before the first player from the defending champion Houston Astros, Yordan Álvarez, shows up. And second, in a “Season Prediction” for Rodríguez, ESPN senior writer David Schoenfield not only predicts that he will finish in the top three of the American League MVP but that he will lead Seattle in a surprise AL West title run.

ESPN MLB Rank 2023: Ranking baseball's top 100 players​

Edit to add:

Last edited:

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wasn't there someone saying that Julio will never make it to even a top 25 player to justify his extension? Well, he's already top 10!

QWERTY

Reaction score
I don't believe in ESPN.

It's like some of you guys that don't believe in ESPN but when you see something that favors your player then you guys post it.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Julio over Yordan or Turner?
Than Alvarez yes. He doesn't play a position. He's one of the best hitters in the league but he only effects one side of the ball, for 4 or 5 ABs a game. He's also not a base running threat when he's on base.

Turner I would have ranked higher than where he is in the list and would be a closer argument in my opinion, but I'm still taking Julio if I have to choose one or the other right now. Julio has more power and is a legit gold glove contender in a premium position. Plus he's only 22 years old.

However, both those guys are top 25 players too. The original argument was Julio wasn't top 25 and never would be...

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't believe in ESPN.

It's like some of you guys that don't believe in ESPN but when you see something that favors your player then you guys post it.
Not sure why you feel it necessary to comment on what other's post. Passing judgement when you know nothing about the OP.

And yes, there's a lot of things about ESPN that are BS. That's why I canceled my subscription to them, but there's still some good writers there, posting good material.

I'm not going to stop listening to 710 ESPN if there's 1 person there that I don't like. That's like "Cutting off my nose to spite my face."

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Munoz not on there?I'm not sure what goes into this TBH

QWERTY

Reaction score
Not sure why you feel it necessary to comment on what other's post. Passing judgement when you know nothing about the OP.

And yes, there's a lot of things about ESPN that are BS. That's why I canceled my subscription to them, but there's still some good writers there, posting good material.

I'm not going to stop listening to 710 ESPN if there's 1 person there that I don't like. That's like "Cutting off my nose to spite my face."

I wasn't talking to you.

I was talking to the guy who wrote "Wasn't there someone saying that Julio will never make it to even a top 25 player to justify his extension? Well, he's already top 10!"

Because I was the one that said Julio will not be a top 25 player.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Are you really this miserable? Legit question. Dear god you whine a lot.

SOMEONE IS BEING POSITIVE ABOUT THEIR TEAM!!! I MUST PUT A STOP TO IT!!!!!!!!
I think you are confused.

I have no problem with the team. Before Julio signed that long contract extension, I did mention some stuff about not having the supporting cast and that he wasn't gonna be top 25. I didn't care about the OP making a topic Im just replying to Djrmb.

Mix

Reaction score
I think you are confused.

I have no problem with the team. Before Julio signed that long contract extension, I did mention some stuff about not having the supporting cast and that he wasn't gonna be top 25. I didn't care about the OP making a topic Im just replying to Djrmb.
First, He wont be top a 25.

Second, He then makes a top 25.

Third, I don't believe ESPN, when they say hes a top 25.

What list are you working off of?

balakoth

Reaction score
I wasn't talking to you.

I was talking to the guy who wrote "Wasn't there someone saying that Julio will never make it to even a top 25 player to justify his extension? Well, he's already top 10!"

Because I was the one that said Julio will not be a top 25 player.
Thats why they make a reply button

QWERTY

Reaction score
Thats why they make a reply button

There was 2 statements 1 from OP and 1 from someone. Cmon I don't have to press reply it was common sense.

First, He wont be top a 25.

Second, He then makes a top 25.

Third, I don't believe ESPN, when they say hes a top 25.

What list are you working off of?
He's not top 25 in any of my list.

Period.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Then you clearly don't watch baseball. He absolutely IS easily in the top 25 in baseball. But keep telling yourself he isn't. Doesn't make it a fact to anyone.......but you.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Then you clearly don't watch baseball. He absolutely IS easily in the top 25 in baseball. But keep telling yourself he isn't. Doesn't make it a fact to anyone.......but you.
We all have our own opinion. If it wasn't for DJrmb's comment, I would had stayed away from this topic.

DJrmb

Reaction score
We all have our own opinion. If it wasn't for DJrmb's comment, I would had stayed away from this topic.
I wasn't trying to call you out in my original post, I just found it comical that not even 1 year after someone had said Julio would never be top 25 that he shows up top 25 in two lists (ESPN and CBS). I actually thought it was TIMD that had said it but good on you for owning up to it at least.