4th and 10 deep ball to Metcalf.

sutz

Reaction score
Ramfan128":18n4at8w said:
Nah after seeing Clinton-Dix freeze and gift Seattle a 2 pt conversion in the NFCCG, seeing Blair Walsh shank a 20 yard FG, seeing that DB not even try to contest that pass to DK Metcalf, and countless other plays over the years - there is no explanation. It's all luck, but at some point you have to say that somehow Seattle has acquired that luck because it just keeps happening.
You know what they say...the harder they work, the luckier they get. :twisted:

chris98251

Reaction score
We drafted Wilson in the third round and Luck went to Indy. Difference period.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":16giuolf said:
Maulbert":16giuolf said:
Ramfan128":16giuolf said:
XxXdragonXxX":16giuolf said:
https://www.nfl.com/videos/wilson-locates-metcalf-downfield-for-clutch-fourth-and-10-pickup

Watch the DB over run that ball by 5 yards. He has his eyes on it the entire time but just keeps running and leaves DK wide open for the catch. My only explanation is that Wilson's moon ball is hard to track for players that haven't seen it before, like it looks like it will travel further and then just drops from the sky.

Nah after seeing Clinton-Dix freeze and gift Seattle a 2 pt conversion in the NFCCG, seeing Blair Walsh shank a 20 yard FG, seeing that DB not even try to contest that pass to DK Metcalf, and countless other plays over the years - there is no explanation. It's all luck, but at some point you have to say that somehow Seattle has acquired that luck because it just keeps happening.

What do you call it when you commit obvious pass interference but don't draw a flag, essentially gifting your team an undeserved SB berth?

Also luck?

Similar to how an onside kick bouncing off of an opponents hands is pure luck and could also lead to an undeserved Super Bowl berth?

That GB TE screwed up. He was supposed to block and let Jordy catch the Onside kick. Luck? No, it was great Coaching by the Special Teams Coach who knew GB's tendencies, and a great onside kick by Hauschka who kicked the ball where it went 10 yards, but did not go directly to Jordy Nelson, thus causing the nearest, inexperienced player to try and make a play on it. It was also ST Coach Schneider putting the tall WR, Chris, in position to come down with the ball.

Like several here have said, luck is made by practice and hard work. The ST practiced, the throw by the punter to the Tackle Eligible had been practiced. Maybe the only bad luck were Russell's interceptions?

The Seahawks are 15 - 1 in single score games 2019 - 2020. That's not luck, that's Pete's Mantra over and over of "You can't win the game in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarter." AND a combination of Russell Wilson having the same kind of "Never Quit" philosophy. RW believes he's always going to win, and his fellow players believe in him. Not true with the other QBs in the league.

Now, take the Chargers on the other hand...they've been through 3 QBs, yet still manage to lose in the 4th quarter after big leads. What would you rather have? A big lead early, start coasting, then lose in the end? Or a strong team full of fight that can pull it out, no matter what?

(I think Anthony Lynn is a great guy, but he needs to go. After watching Hard Knocks, he's just too player friendly. Like Gus Bradley and Dan Quinn, a great coordinator, but not a HC.)

cymatica

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3pfqc02b said:
Maulbert":3pfqc02b said:
Ramfan128":3pfqc02b said:
XxXdragonXxX":3pfqc02b said:
https://www.nfl.com/videos/wilson-locates-metcalf-downfield-for-clutch-fourth-and-10-pickup

Watch the DB over run that ball by 5 yards. He has his eyes on it the entire time but just keeps running and leaves DK wide open for the catch. My only explanation is that Wilson's moon ball is hard to track for players that haven't seen it before, like it looks like it will travel further and then just drops from the sky.

What do you call it when you commit obvious pass interference but don't draw a flag, essentially gifting your team an undeserved SB berth?

Also luck?

Similar to how an onside kick bouncing off of an opponents hands is pure luck and could also lead to an undeserved Super Bowl berth?

Ah but in both cases the teams went to overtime and earned the victory there, so maybe it wasn't just luck in both cases.

It was lucky for Greenbay to have 3 picks that bounced off Kearse hands

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The funny thing is when a team like the Patriots win close games all the time it's cause they "do the little things" or cause of coaching. Yet with Seattle some naysayers like to say it's luck. Speaking of the Pats, there's a list of things that have worked out in their favour with teams making mistakes that have allowed them to win (not mentioning the big one that hurts us the most)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This ^^^
Hawks win the game vs. the Rams on a missed FG and it's built up by everyone as "lucky"
Monday night, the Saints win the exact same way, on a missed FG. It is built as "gutsy"
Come on, you have 60 minutes to score more damn points and/or make more plays.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Ramsfan,

You know that if the Seahawks beating GB in that playoff game that sent us to the SB was 'luck'...it was terrible luck...right?

byau

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":9n9jmdob said:

BChawkfan":9n9jmdob said:
The ball probably would have gone farther in the air if it hadn't been soaking wet. I noticed more than a few passes drop out early.

The last two weeks Russell hasn't been as "on" with his throws as the first few games. That said, I think there's a lot of merit to the first point, those moon balls drop pretty hard. I think it's a bit understated how there are a lot of different ways to throw a ball to strategically give the playmaker (DK) the best chance possible to catch the ball and to also give the defender a worse chance. It's not just about throwing the ball long, it's where and how it's thrown. I definitely think DK was more used to that moon ball throw then the DB. It was pretty sweet :) And I think speaks to a really good chemistry and understanding between the pass catchers and Russ.

Speaking to that, the chemistyr has been awesome! They must have worked out a lot more or something because there are very few misreads. David Moore had one or two, but otherwise it's been pretty on and Russ just trying to get throws in tight windows and throwing where the pass catcher is the only one who can have a chance to catch. Seeing the ball leave Russ's hands before Lockett, DK, and Olsen are still a good three or four paces from the target, and sometimes before they are even turned aorund, that's pretty sweet.

:)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The ridiculous irony of his post. The Rams were literally HANDED a Super Bowl birth on maybe the worst non-call in playoff history. But let's go ahead and start calling other teams "lucky" :?
The Rams don't even make it to the Super Bowl without that incredibly LUCKY non-call. He blasted the WR while the ball was in the air AND with his back to the ball.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1w1p16g0 said:
You should tell the trolls at the 49ers Web Zone this. At some point, luck isn't luck, it's being damned good and having it pay off more frequently than others. Look at Tom Brady...all but one of his Super Bowl rings was decided on one play I think, right? Yet, they don't call him lucky.....

I'd say some players are just so good they make their own luck more than others. :)

TreeRon

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":223wco3m said:
Watching it live and until you pointed this out, I thought that the DB just made a horrible play on the ball - Now looking back, I see that he was in fact playing the ball and was setting himself up to intercept where the ball was going to...he just didn't factor in how much taller DK was than him and how high DK could leap - this is one situation where the DB may have been better playing DK than the ball.

This. The league still underestimates DK's athleticism. Eventually he'll be doubled (maybe tripled) every play.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maulbert":36ieks66 said:

I call it Golden Tate pushing off for Wail Mary vs Green Bay on Monday night. Clear OPI before the legit catch. But Hawks didn't make the Owl that year, lost to Atlanta that year, IIRC, in the divisional round.

FYI, Vikings coach Zimmer said, in an interview, he expected the ball to be intercepted, when he saw the throw.

Maulbert

Reaction score
olyfan63":3ayp9edj said:
Maulbert":3ayp9edj said:

I call it Golden Tate pushing off for Wail Mary vs Green Bay on Monday night. Clear OPI before the legit catch. But Hawks didn't make the Owl that year, lost to Atlanta that year, IIRC, in the divisional round.

FYI, Vikings coach Zimmer said, in an interview, he expected the ball to be intercepted, when he saw the throw.

What does any of that have to do with the Rams committing DPI against the Saints 2 years ago?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's coming out calling the Hawks lucky for their wins. I just find it funny, considering they were handed a Super Bowl birth on a crap non-call. If that's not lucky, I don't know what is.
Never mind. Can't post anything w/out people getting worked up these days.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1to9q7p5 said:
He's coming out calling the Hawks lucky for their wins. I just find it funny, considering they were handed a Super Bowl birth on a crap non-call. If that's not lucky, I don't know what is.
Never mind. Can't post anything w/out people getting worked up these days.

How about just this year when a dramatic jerking back of the head by Ramsey draws an offensive PI call on a play where the Cowboys at minimum got into range to tie the game in the opener. Pretty lucky that the ref threw that flag when it could easily have stayed in the pocket.

lukerguy

Reaction score
It's easier for a WR to adjust to an under thrown ball.. it also brings into play pass interference... not something you want to do a lot, but on 4th down it increases the chances of extending the drive.