Seanhawk

Reaction score
John63":a3z8141i said:
TreeRon":a3z8141i said:
Are some influenced by Akeman's remarks during the game. He was (as usual) very picky regarding Wilson's throws while he seemed effusive over Prescott. For example, just because Troy says the pass was lower than it could have been doesn't mean that Russ didn't throw just there on purpose.
I think sometimes we are influenced by the announcers, good and bad.
BTW, as soon as I saw Joe Buck and Akeman I groaned. My least favorite pair doing Seahawk games.

I always felt an announcer who is a former player would not be allowed to announce a game played by the team he played on.

Screw that. Hopefully they give Brock Huard a Hawk game or two. He is a damn good color guy.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If anyone thinks I was being snarky or downplaying Russ in anyway, might want to reread my post. Everyone has an off day. Even on an off day, he’s better than the rest. There. Does that help?! BTW, I’ve been an ardent supporter and fan since the moment he was drafted. I actually became enthralled with him watching Wisconsin/Michigan State shoot it out. When he was drafted, I was ecstatic!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1qzup9zk said:
John63":1qzup9zk said:
TreeRon":1qzup9zk said:
Are some influenced by Akeman's remarks during the game. He was (as usual) very picky regarding Wilson's throws while he seemed effusive over Prescott. For example, just because Troy says the pass was lower than it could have been doesn't mean that Russ didn't throw just there on purpose.
I think sometimes we are influenced by the announcers, good and bad.
BTW, as soon as I saw Joe Buck and Akeman I groaned. My least favorite pair doing Seahawk games.

I always felt an announcer who is a former player would not be allowed to announce a game played by the team he played on.

Screw that. Hopefully they give Brock Huard a Hawk game or two. He is a damn good color guy.

I would love that. He knows more about this team than any other hack on Fox

ducks41468

Reaction score
Other teams' fans absolutely gush over Russ and yet here it's a consistently lukewarm response despite him setting the passing TD record through three games while overcoming the all time worst pass defense through those three games. We're so spoiled

John63

Reaction score
ducks41468":1q6ccodd said:
Other teams' fans absolutely gush over Russ and yet here it's a consistently lukewarm response despite him setting the passing TD record through three games while overcoming the all time worst pass defense through those three games. We're so spoiled

THIS

Smellyman

Reaction score
John 6:3 - Thou shalt not question my son (and if you do it is probably the Oline or Receivers fault)

John63

Reaction score
Smellyman":14e7ip1m said:
John 6:3 - Thou shalt not question my son (and if you do it is probably the Oline or Receivers fault)

Yeah sorry dude if you actually read all my posts even I have said questioning things., for example today I said he was striding to far on some throws making them go low.

The difference is I don't nit pick, or try to show what was a great performance was not like some here.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
John63":1yitszeh said:
Smellyman":1yitszeh said:

Yeah sorry dude if you actually read all my posts even I have said questioning things., for example today I said he was striding to far on some throws making them go low.

The difference is I don't nit pick, or try to show what was a great performance was not like some here.

And that overstriding led to him being off on a few throws he normally hits, and hence, not perfect. That's all people are saying. Jesus man.

And FYI, noticing he is striding too far and making some throws go low IS NITPICKING.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Smellyman":2jmit8py said:
I believe that’s Russ 5:10?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Fortunately Wilson doesn't blow smoke up his own ass. If he goes 27/40 for 315 yards and 5 TDs, he will get tape on those 13 incompletions and study to see what he might need to work on, either of himself or with his receivers, to turn those into completions.

It's what makes him so great.

John63

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1d2wmahb said:
John63":1d2wmahb said:
Smellyman":1d2wmahb said:

And that overstriding led to him being off on a few throws he normally hits, and hence, not perfect. That's all people are saying. Jesus man.

And FYI, noticing he is striding too far and making some throws go low IS NITPICKING.

Okay there you go again using the perfect statement. Thats my point he had a great game yet yo and others want to talk about how he was not perfect, or he was off. He had a great game, and we talk more about how he was not "prefect" then we do about how well he played or how bad other things were.

That's the point you and some others don't get while playing right into the narrative some on here really have.

Let me help you out some

27/40 68% complt, 5 tds 315 yards 130.7 Qb rating another 22 yard rushing, IN what world is that anything but great Yet not one thread on this first page of thread about it, only one saying he was off or not perfect. Another difference I agree he was a little off at times, but that does not change the fact that he played GREAT.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
John63":2qhw5apv said:
Seanhawk":2qhw5apv said:
John63":2qhw5apv said:
Smellyman":2qhw5apv said:

Okay there you go again using the perfect statement. Thats my point he had a great game yet yo and others want to talk about how he was not perfect, or he was off. He had a great game, and we talk more about how he was not "prefect" then we do about how well he played or how bad other things were.

That's the point you and some others don't get while playing right into the narrative some on here really have.

Let me help you out some

27/40 68% complt, 5 tds 315 yards 130.7 Qb rating another 22 yard rushing, IN what world is that anything but great Yet not one thread on this first page of thread about it, only one saying he was off or not perfect. Another difference I agree he was a little off at times, but that does not change the fact that he played GREAT.
See? Even you admit he was off.

Now before you knickers-twist over that, that's EXACTLY how you warp what anyone else says if they dare point out ANY flaw.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
John63":1li79lbw said:
Seanhawk":1li79lbw said:
John63":1li79lbw said:
Smellyman":1li79lbw said:

Let me help you out some

And where did I say he didn't play great? Find it. He's the only reason we're 3-0. The worst I've said is that he wasn't perfect and that was mainly to point out that despite a 315 yard, 5 TD performance his QB rating will amazingly go down. You yourself have acknowledged he was off on some throws with your nitpicking. You're impossible.

Thank God you don't care about anybody but Russell. If you had the same zeal for the rest of the team, namely the defense, you'd need to spend a fortune on the light bulbs for your bat signal.

Smellyman

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2abusngc said:
John63":2abusngc said:
Seanhawk":2abusngc said:
John63":2abusngc said:

Let me help you out some

Now before you knickers-twist over that, that's EXACTLY how you warp what anyone else says if they dare point out ANY flaw.

and then derail pretty much every thread.

John63

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":294id3l6 said:
John63":294id3l6 said:
Seanhawk":294id3l6 said:
John63":294id3l6 said:

Let me help you out some

except I stated he played a great game, all is being done is he was off. So hey lets forget the great game and focus on him being a little off on 2 oe 3 throws.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Smellyman":o8gqsrw0 said:
KiwiHawk":o8gqsrw0 said:
John63":o8gqsrw0 said:
Seanhawk":o8gqsrw0 said:

Let me help you out some

Any thread for the last few years with even a hint of a criticism of Russ goes this way with John. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If DK doesn’t celebrate too soon that would have been 6 TDS right?

John63

Reaction score
Smellyman":3u5ue9rp said:
KiwiHawk":3u5ue9rp said:
John63":3u5ue9rp said:
Seanhawk":3u5ue9rp said:

Let me help you out some

Hmm thread was About Wilson, I spoke about Wilson, so I stayed on thread, so I could not have derailed it.
Reality is Wilson had a great game, was he perfect no, but no QB is every Wilson has not been perfect this year. But some here seem to have great glee in reminding us he was not perfect as has been used here several times. Instead of just enjoying what we have. Same goes with other one in a lifetime players we have.

Rat

Reaction score
John63":1rdp3h79 said:
Smellyman":1rdp3h79 said:
KiwiHawk":1rdp3h79 said:
John63":1rdp3h79 said:

Let me help you out some

Hmm thread was About Wilson, I spoke about Wilson, so I stayed on thread, so I could not have derailed it.
Reality is Wilson had a great game, was he perfect no, but no QB is every Wilson has not been perfect this year. But some here seem to have great glee in reminding us he was not perfect as has been used here several times. Instead of just enjoying what we have. Same goes with other one in a lifetime players we have.

You're the one who turned it, yet again, into an "OH NO.... SOMEBODY DARE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT RUSS THAT ISN"T 100% POSITIVE!!!11".

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
John63":2zrybwg8 said:
Smellyman":2zrybwg8 said:

striding to far doesn't cause a low throw, it'll cause a high miss if anything.

Latest posts