rcaido

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":bw1ycpvb said:
Very few if any are saying he even had a bad game. He just had some NOT Russ-Line low throws etc. Big deal, that's how good he is. It's just pointing out that he was a little off on his accuracy at times. He would tell you the same thing.
I don't see anyone claiming he had a crappy game. He put up amazing numbers, again. I love Russ as much as anyone, but he IS human. Just rarely seems like it, esp. when he's locked in.
He was fine in this game, but absolutely had some off target throws.

Russ underthrows lots of times. He even over throws lots of time in games...He hardly ever gets 5td games, complete almost 70% his passes while still getting the game winning td...

Im still baffled people would think this was an off game. Fans from other teams would think you're kray kray.

John63

Reaction score
rcaido":3kjg0r2k said:
SoulfishHawk":3kjg0r2k said:
Very few if any are saying he even had a bad game. He just had some NOT Russ-Line low throws etc. Big deal, that's how good he is. It's just pointing out that he was a little off on his accuracy at times. He would tell you the same thing.
I don't see anyone claiming he had a crappy game. He put up amazing numbers, again. I love Russ as much as anyone, but he IS human. Just rarely seems like it, esp. when he's locked in.
He was fine in this game, but absolutely had some off target throws.

Russ underthrows lots of times. He even over throws lots of time in games...He hardly ever gets 5td games, complete almost 70% his passes while still getting the game winning td...

Im still baffled people would think this was an off game. Fans from other teams would think you're kray kray.

exactly every QB has a few through's every game that are off. That's part of the game. But for some reason some on this site relish in pointing it out.

As to other fans saying we are kray kray they are, 3 friends of mine who are Cowboys fans saw this and other threads and were like are you freaking kidding me they are saying he had an off game? I have heard it from others too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I've been called a Russ lover, homer about 735,223 times, I get it. So now if someone points out a few low throws that had next to no impact on the game, they all the sudden hate Russ. Come on man, no need get bent out of shape. He had a great game overall. NOT an off game, some off target throws. Not a big deal at all.
I bet Russ would agree 100 percent.
Shoot, I see it as a compliment. Someone is saying that Russ is THAT good. Can be a little off on his usual pinpoint accuracy and still have a ridiculous game.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3h24xa8l said:
I've been called a Russ lover, homer about 735,223 times, I get it. So now if someone points out a few low throws that had next to no impact on the game, they all the sudden hate Russ. Come on man, no need get bent out of shape. He had a great game overall. NOT an off game, some off target throws. Not a big deal at all.
I bet Russ would agree 100 percent.
Shoot, I see it as a compliment. Someone is saying that Russ is THAT good. Can be a little off on his usual pinpoint accuracy and still have a ridiculous game.

Anthony allows no critical observation when it comes to Russell, but you can beat the line to death or the scheme with a ugly stick.

rcaido

Reaction score
There are clear off games by Russell, like the last couple games last season and including playoffs...This one, not even close. Its almost laughable to think that.

Even until now, our fans are nitpicking Russell. Wilson probably had the best offensive game again this week compare to all the QBs. Yet, our fan base is going to talk about two miss throws. This is beyond silly.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rcaido":2hdiv5af said:
There are clear off games by Russell, like the last couple games last season and including playoffs...This one, not even close. Its almost laughable to think that.

Even until now, our fans are nitpicking Russell. Wilson probably had the best offensive game again this week compare to all the QBs. Yet, our fan base is going to talk about two miss throws. This is beyond silly.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^ If FIVE TD's, and no intercepts is an off game, where the hell has the bar been reset to?....By the way, with all the fuss, I have to ask now....Did We Or Did We Not Win This Game? :vodka:

Fade

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen your week 3 NFC Offensive player of the week. :D

rcaido

Reaction score
Fade":1vc7va8b said:
Ladies and gentlemen your week 3 NFC Offensive player of the week. :D

How is this possible? .NET says it was an off game. Everyone needs to open their eyes, he had 2 low passes and is too short.

D

DomeHawk

rcaido":3a718tuy said:
chris98251":3a718tuy said:
rcaido":3a718tuy said:
This wasn't an off game though...He got 67.5% of his passess completed, that's more than his average of his career. That would actually be the best all time in NFL history. Throw in again 300+yrds, 5/6TDs, no INT. Was 100% in the redzone. 130 passer rating. Game winning TD. Even the opposing most obnoxious fans the Cowboy fanbase gives props to him be amazing and the best qb in the nfl.

It was a off game, everyone watching seen it, throws low and in the dirt have not been typical, he is so good he got away with being off.

Doesn't mean he can't compensate, but he was not as on target for a lot of those quick out passes especially.

Two or three off throws, doesn't equal an off game...If that was the case pretty much his whole season last year or his career has been off games. Pretty much all QB having several off throws in a game, doesn't mean they had an off game.

That's your take but just about everyone who watched the game thought he had a off game including the announcers. Even when he was completing passes they weren't as accurate or as sharp as they had been. And, that is not a criticism, it's just a comment, everyone has days where they aren't as sharp.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":289lxcml said:
This kid might just turn out to be pretty good :irishdrinkers:

Nah, you're just over-reacting to a couple above average weeks.

themunn

Reaction score
It was Wilson's 4th 5 TD game of his career (and should have been his first 6 TD game).

That puts it in the echelon of best ever games by Russell Wilson, most certainly not an off game. Yes he had a few off throws, but he has those in pretty much every game (otherwise he'd be throwing 5 TDs every game).

His "off" throws were supplemented/counteracted/erased/whatever you want to say by a lot of "on" throws - more than he usually makes, hence the nearly 6 TDs

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And who on here is saying it was a bad game? He had a few low throws, big deal. It was a VERY GOOD game. Geezus, can we put this thread to bed? The OP was complimenting Russ imo. How in the hell has mentioning a couple low throws turned in to such a huge deal?
Only on dot net I guess. Years and years of getting blasted and being told that I NEVER say anything bad about Russ, or I think he walks on water. I mention a couple low throws and now all I the sudden I feel like I'm being lumped in w/people who don't appreciate him. Laughable, but oh well. I don't know a single person who is a bigger Russ fan than I am. And I think he can and is getting even better.

rcaido

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1sbxhvml said:
rcaido":1sbxhvml said:
chris98251":1sbxhvml said:
rcaido":1sbxhvml said:
This wasn't an off game though...He got 67.5% of his passess completed, that's more than his average of his career. That would actually be the best all time in NFL history. Throw in again 300+yrds, 5/6TDs, no INT. Was 100% in the redzone. 130 passer rating. Game winning TD. Even the opposing most obnoxious fans the Cowboy fanbase gives props to him be amazing and the best qb in the nfl.

It was a off game, everyone watching seen it, throws low and in the dirt have not been typical, he is so good he got away with being off.

Doesn't mean he can't compensate, but he was not as on target for a lot of those quick out passes especially.

Two or three off throws, doesn't equal an off game...If that was the case pretty much his whole season last year or his career has been off games. Pretty much all QB having several off throws in a game, doesn't mean they had an off game.

That's your take but just about everyone who watched the game thought he had a off game including the announcers. Even when he was completing passes they weren't as accurate or as sharp as they had been. And, that is not a criticism, it's just a comment, everyone has days where they aren't as sharp.

Sorry bro, its not just me who think this criticism is laughable...Obviously if he had an off game he wouldn't have been Offensive Player of the Week again. If you're going by what announcers are saying then i really dont know what else to say.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jordon on a off night could have 30 points and 8 rebounds and 3 steals.

That's what we are getting with Wilson right now, his off day is what others wish could be their good day.

Doesn't change the fact it was a bit of a different performance for him, thus off....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Again, on point Chris. Too bad we can't just ask Russ directly. I GUARANTEE you he would mention the low throws etc. The great ones always strive to get better. Nobody is probably more critical than he is of himself. That's WHY he has always been so damn good. He demands more out of himself, every day.

rcaido

Reaction score
chris98251":2n3bjydt said:
Jordon on a off night could have 30 points and 8 rebounds and 3 steals.

That's what we are getting with Wilson right now, his off day is what others wish could be their good day.

Doesn't change the fact it was a bit of a different performance for him, thus off....

Bad example....

This is probably Wilson Top 10 performance though...5/6 TD, 70%completion, game winning TD, no turnovers...Player of the week....