OrangeGravy

Reaction score
And he was a bit out of sync in stretches. Great game none the less, but it wasn't ultra clean like the first 2. I think the pressure was more effective this game and there were stretches where Dallas covered really well even when he had time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Def. threw some low passes. It was strange to see, but it happens to the best of them.
And as usual, he finished the deal.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I’ll say it in simpler terms so no one can misunderstand what I meant with this thread.

Even when he’s not his best, he’s better than the rest!!!

rcaido

Reaction score
This wasn't an off game though...He got 67.5% of his passess completed, that's more than his average of his career. That would actually be the best all time in NFL history. Throw in again 300+yrds, 5/6TDs, no INT. Was 100% in the redzone. 130 passer rating. Game winning TD. Even the opposing most obnoxious fans the Cowboy fanbase gives props to him be amazing and the best qb in the nfl.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just off on some of his throws, really low etc. It happens to every QB. But, he still had a hell of a game.

chris98251

Reaction score
rcaido":45l9ldmg said:
This wasn't an off game though...He got 67.5% of his passess completed, that's more than his average of his career. That would actually be the best all time in NFL history. Throw in again 300+yrds, 5/6TDs, no INT. Was 100% in the redzone. 130 passer rating. Game winning TD. Even the opposing most obnoxious fans the Cowboy fanbase gives props to him be amazing and the best qb in the nfl.

It was a off game, everyone watching seen it, throws low and in the dirt have not been typical, he is so good he got away with being off.

Doesn't mean he can't compensate, but he was not as on target for a lot of those quick out passes especially.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
When some of our OL guys went out with injuries it immediately showed. Russ gets happy feet and starts throwing normally perfect balls low to receiver's feet. This is a tell-tale sign that his OL has been compromised. In a normal year, under these conditions, Russ throws for just over 200, maybe 2 TDs and possibly a pick.

In this year where he will NOT BE DENIED AN MVP?? Oh I dunno, just a paltry 315 yards, 5 TDs and no picks.

Ho hum.

RCATES

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1mnhxxqg said:
Russ appeared to have an off game. He wasn’t as sharp as the first two weeks. His elusiveness wasn’t his typical self. But...even an off Russell Wilson throws for over 300 yards and 5 TDS!

With the current state of the O-Line it will continue trust me. The hits were taking effect on his game. He was already seeing ghost in the 2nd half. Just wait until we play the Niners or Rams.

rcaido

Reaction score
chris98251":3hk5e8vg said:
rcaido":3hk5e8vg said:

It was a off game, everyone watching seen it, throws low and in the dirt have not been typical, he is so good he got away with being off.

Doesn't mean he can't compensate, but he was not as on target for a lot of those quick out passes especially.

Two or three off throws, doesn't equal an off game...If that was the case pretty much his whole season last year or his career has been off games. Pretty much all QB having several off throws in a game, doesn't mean they had an off game.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Don't really see QB's out there completing 95+% of their passes on a weekly basis so I'm pretty sure other QB's are also making underthrows.

Granted Broncos fans were probably also focusing on some random overthrow in week 7 the year that Peyton threw 55 TD's.

chris98251

Reaction score
rcaido":342f74lf said:
chris98251":342f74lf said:
rcaido":342f74lf said:

Two or three off throws, doesn't equal an off game...If that was the case pretty much his whole season last year or his career has been off games. Pretty much all QB having several off throws in a game, doesn't mean they had an off game.

Go ahead and stick with your blind defense, most the rest of those here that watched seen it.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Jesus, this guy. See my thread in the game day forum for what I really think. Not allowed to post that language here.

"Russ had an off day," on a day like yesterday, is a compliment to just how good he is. It's a shame that some people can't understand this. Seriously. Despite being slow yesterday, despite getting the yips in the pocket (hunching his shoulders in, anticipating hits that weren't even close to imminent*), despite looking like he may have injured his plant ankle, despite all of this, he had a day that is the statistical envy of at least 30 other starters in this league. His baseline, so far this year, is just that high.

He is so good right now, that even on an off day, he is better than all but, maybe, one other starter.

*Yes, his offensive line gave him a good reason for this, I never claimed otherwise.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
brimsalabim":8aypfe0h said:
If DK doesn’t celebrate too soon that would have been 6 TDS right?

Hard to say, but I'm guessing that if we had those points in the pocket, we wouldn't have been passing to win the game at the end.

My guess would be that it would still be 5.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3gj6j7au said:
John63":3gj6j7au said:
TreeRon":3gj6j7au said:
Are some influenced by Akeman's remarks during the game. He was (as usual) very picky regarding Wilson's throws while he seemed effusive over Prescott. For example, just because Troy says the pass was lower than it could have been doesn't mean that Russ didn't throw just there on purpose.
I think sometimes we are influenced by the announcers, good and bad.
BTW, as soon as I saw Joe Buck and Akeman I groaned. My least favorite pair doing Seahawk games.

I always felt an announcer who is a former player would not be allowed to announce a game played by the team he played on.

Screw that. Hopefully they give Brock Huard a Hawk game or two. He is a damn good color guy.

With you on that. The real problem is that Aikman is so dull and homerish. Love Brock as a color guy, both on TV and on Radio.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yeah, Russell underthrew Metcalf a little on the GW TD. Yeah, he missed a couple other silly little throws that are normally automatic. Then he hit so many brilliant throws that we've gotten used to and take for granted. The most nerve-wracking throw had to be the one to Greg Olsen on 4th and 3. Wilson put it in a good place when it mattered, and Olsen made a nice catch on such a simple play that also has so many simple ways it could go wrong.

It's so easy to take Russell's brilliance for granted. How delightful it is to watch and enjoy our future HOF QB work his magic. When his Seahawk days are over, it will be such a tough standard for any QB ever to measure up to.

John63

Reaction score
olyfan63":3bhsxvl2 said:
Yeah, Russell underthrew Metcalf a little on the GW TD. Yeah, he missed a couple other silly little throws that are normally automatic. Then he hit so many brilliant throws that we've gotten used to and take for granted. The most nerve-wracking throw had to be the one to Greg Olsen on 4th and 3. Wilson put it in a good place when it mattered, and Olsen made a nice catch on such a simple play that also has so many simple ways it could go wrong.

It's so easy to take Russell's brilliance for granted. How delightful it is to watch and enjoy our future HOF QB work his magic. When his Seahawk days are over, it will be such a tough standard for any QB ever to measure up to.

This and yet some feel the need to always point out anything he does that is not perfect

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very few if any are saying he even had a bad game. He just had some NOT Russ-Line low throws etc. Big deal, that's how good he is. It's just pointing out that he was a little off on his accuracy at times. He would tell you the same thing.
I don't see anyone claiming he had a crappy game. He put up amazing numbers, again. I love Russ as much as anyone, but he IS human. Just rarely seems like it, esp. when he's locked in.
He was fine in this game, but absolutely had some off target throws.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2z7jvmio said:
Very few if any are saying he even had a bad game. He just had some NOT Russ-Line low throws etc. Big deal, that's how good he is. It's just pointing out that he was a little off on his accuracy.
I don't see anyone claiming he had a crappy game. He put up amazing numbers, again. I love Russ as much as anyone, but he IS human. Just rarely seems like it, esp. when he's locked in.

Part of the issue is and you know this very well is the continent in here that still exists that waits for any excuse to rail on Wilson. If you give them any opening they take it.

This was the first post

"Russ appeared to have an off game. He wasn’t as sharp as the first two weeks. His elusiveness wasn’t his typical self. But...even an off Russell Wilson throws for over 300 yards and 5 TDS!"

No sup Wilson with say Wagner he was off today, and seemed slow had 10 tackles but. Yeah people would be up in arms.

The issue is the expectations are and always have been stupid. Basically anything less than week 1 or 2and he is off. Good lord for any QB in the league ever what he just did, would be a great game. that is the issue. We are now saying great games are not enough. And FYI he missed some throws in week one and 2 that were not normal for him too. I can think of at least 2 outs to DK that were high.

So the issue is we have a lot of problems on this team, and we are saying sorry Wilson great is not good enough.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":sia4s94t said:
Very few if any are saying he even had a bad game. He just had some NOT Russ-Line low throws etc. Big deal, that's how good he is. It's just pointing out that he was a little off on his accuracy.

Lets just say Wilson had his game yesterday, Trubisky had his game yesterday, both were off a bit. Wilson can afford to be a bit off and succeed still other QB's don't have that room in their game.