2023 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

Jville

Reaction score
OG- Phil Haynes is re-signed for a season, terms presently u/k.

Updated.

Thanks to OverTheCap.com, though, those details are now available, and Haynes’ contract is very simple and straightforward. The $4M cap hit he will carry in 2023 is comprised of three parts, which are:

• Base Salary: $1,305,000 (fully guaranteed)
  • Signing Bonus: $2,185,000 (fully guaranteed)
  • Per Game Roster Bonus: $510,000

Haynes was active for 16 of 17 regular season games in 2022, which means that $480,000 of the $510,000 of per game roster bonuses will count against the cap for the upcoming season. Thus, combining the base salary with the signing bonus and $480,000 of per game roster bonuses, Haynes will have a cap hit of $3,970,000 for 2023. Link >>> https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/2/2...ontract-with-seattle-seahawks-gabe-jackson-4m

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thank you my friend.

Updated.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
ILB- Aaron Donkor has signed with the XFL Houston Roughnecks.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Gabe Jackson finally released, along with Ben Burr-Kirven. The first mention of this I saw anywhere (not just .NET) was in the thread started by @Maelstrom787 here.

Edited to add: the word "here" at the end of that last sentence is a link to Maelstrom's thread on the subject.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Lagartixa!!!

Updated.

It would seem that a RG and C will be on the team’s draft lists.

Last edited:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
BBK was scheduled to be a UFA, so cutting him seems strange --- unless he wants to play in the XFL.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
BBK was scheduled to be a UFA, so cutting him seems strange --- unless he wants to play in the XFL.
BBK was still under contract for another year.
Yes, it's been four years since BBK was drafted, but he was placed on the PUP list before training camp last year, so he was out for the whole season, and it was the final year of his contract, so his contract tolled and he was under contract for 2023 under the same terms as in 2022.

The contract tolled according to Section 2 of Article 20 of the CBA. It's on page 145 of the document (the 162nd page of the PDF, because of all the stuff before page 1) you can see by clicking here, but I'll quote it below. The action-green-and-boldface emphasis is mine.

Section 2. Physically Unable to Perform: Any player placed on a Physically Unable to Perform list (“PUP”) will be paid his full Paragraph 5 Salary while on such list. His contract will not be tolled for the period he is on PUP, except in the last year of his contract, when the player’s contract will be tolled if (i) he is still physically unable to perform his football services as of the sixth regular season game; and (ii) he is not reinstated to the Club’s Active/Inactive List during that regular season or postseason. For the avoidance of doubt, if the player returns to practice, but is never reinstated to the Club’s Active/Inactive List during that regular season or postseason, his contract will toll.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Totally right.

I guess his recovery has not progressed as quickly as hoped.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
ILB- Cody Barton has agreed with the Commanders to sign with them.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Although there has been no official announcement the team has released DE/DT- Shelby Harris as per CBS NFL transactions. Must say I am a tad disappointed in this release. The cap is a brutal enemy to having long term favourite players, or at least players you like; and the team needed his cap money to improve and Harris is 32.

Dre’Mont Jones is a younger and better positional replacement though. Apparently the deal was for $51 million for 3 years the other terms are as yet unknown so the cap implications are yet also unknown.

Although as well there has been official announcement yet team has agreed with DE/DT- Dre'Mont Jones for him to become a Seahawks player. I will treat this deal as being done and list Jones on the roster.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I just heard on Sirius XM NFL Radio that the Hawks have released DE/DT Quinton Jefferson.

Updated.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team has RFR tendered RFA SS- Ryan Neal at 1yr. $2.679 mil.

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Glascow, much appreciated!!!

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks have tendered ILB- Jon Rhattigan the ERFA tender, which is at the league minimum.

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
RB- Travis Homer has agreed with the Bears 2 years/ $4.5 million.