2019 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap!

Will now undo the roster updates done yesterday.

Updated.

Of note this is the first time in many years the team doesn't have one UDFA first year player on the roster. There are a few on the PS though.

My suspicion is the team will re-sign Mone to the PS as the depth on the roster of big DTs is out of whack.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
rostermon.com is reporting the team has signed CB- Linden Stephens last with Denver to the PS.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Interesting reversal on Jennings, never knew that rule until today.

The numbers at WR are still wrong with 7 WRs on the 53. Make me wonder if there isn't something brewing as far as a trade at the position? If not for Jennings then perhaps for another like Brown, Turner, or ?

I thought Mone was playing quite well, whereas we have seen diddly squat from Jennings. Curious situation.

I hope the team can find a way to bring Mone back, he's a BIG bad dude..

Jville

Reaction score
(On the thought process behind Bryan Mone being released on waivers) “We had to move some stuff around because of some uncertainty with injuries. We are hoping to get him back on the squad here in a little bit.” -- Pete Carroll [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawksmedia.com/transcripts/carroll-pete-09-27-19/[/urltargetblank]
................................ I'll feel more confident about their run stopping ability once they get Bryan Mone back in the building.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I want him back on the PS at least as quickly as they can as One is the type of solid UDFA player that gets grabbed by another team. However, if he is on the PS the other team that snatches him has to place him on their 53 for 4 games.

I'd not be surprised to see him back next week, one way or another.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1178064212616069121[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!

Keeping this young player around makes good sense to me.

Updated.

sutz

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1vofhg3o said:
Thanks Jville!

Keeping this young player around makes good sense to me.

Updating.
Yeah, Mone looks a bit like a bigger version of Poona Ford. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For sure, keep sifting through the castoff piles to find the diamonds thrown out for whatever reason. any marginal or incremental improvement is just that, the depth gets better, team gets stronger and more competitive. :2thumbs:

It's JS's way, always keep sifting to find potential improvement.

With 7 WRs already on the 53 and one on the PS I wonder what they are still lookg looking for at the position? They have been quietly looking for developmental guys at QB which is understandable.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1182789964267806720[/tweet]
he Seahawks promoted two players off of their practice squad Friday ahead of their trip to Cleveland, adding guard Jordan Roos and tight end Jacob Hollister to the 53-man roster.

Guard/center Ethan Pocic was placed on injured reserve and safety Adrian Colbert was waived to make room on the 53-man roster.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I could see Adrian Colbert being added back to the PS in the short term. The numbers are still wrong at WR and stashing Jennings may end with the return of Reed. There are other potential candidates a few of whom could be IR'd.

It appears the team's roster is out of date as it shows Nkansah as still being on the PS when he was waived Sept 28th according to numerous sources.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks John, if you look at the team's official roster @.com you'll see he's listed as still being on the team's PS.

Sadly it's out of date.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Seahawks.Com roster is historically not current. Especially in the off-season it can be weeks out of date.

Seahawksmedia.com has more current information usually which is funny because aren't they the same department?

Ourlads and Rostermon are the two sites that are diligent in updating based on the daily league transaction wire.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That's quite true, but you'd think that the team would care enough to keep an accurate roster.

There will be a few roster moves this week so perhaps .com will catch up

Latest posts