SeatownJay

Reaction score
Uncle Si":278mtreu said:
SeatownJay":278mtreu said:
Rodney doesn't have it tonight.

4 walks
..at this point McClendon should've known better

Shit way to lose in September
And since he threw over 30 pitches tonight he's not going to be available tomorrow if needed.

slipwax

Reaction score
Just felt like one of those no-run-support-for-Felix nights. Hopefully they can take the series tomorrow...

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Big middle fingers to the dbags doing the Seahawks chant at the Mariners game last night. Whoever you are, you are the worst type of sports fan. GFY.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
mbtitleist":2ov3zugd said:
76 wins. Being a fan I always have a bit of hope, but they're not making the playoffs this year.

Well even if the M's were to lose all of their remaining games, they still would have won 4 more than I expected.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
You guys need to pull your shit together. The Mariners are still only one game back of the second wildcard. Bunch of friggin' Nancies.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3laa4fmy said:
You guys need to pull your shit together. The Mariners are still only one game back of the second wildcard. Bunch of friggin' Nancies.
Even if we lose tonight? Even then we still have 13 more games to make something good happen. It's baseball you got to have hope because unbelievable things happen in baseball all the time.

Chapow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":22ek9sf3 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":22ek9sf3 said:

2 games now.

And with the next 3 more in a row against the best/hottest team in baseball it seems pretty likely that we'll be at least 4 games back with only 10 left to play by Friday morning.

I still have hope, but it's definitely starting to slip away.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
It's amazing going back to before the season and looking at my own posts. Been a while since I've posted in here, kinda forgot about it. A lot of what I thought came rather close to being dead on, though who broke out and who washed out was kinda opposite. I was high on Smoak, down on Ackley...lol

Mike Zunino might be my favorite sub-.200 player ever.

I've watched/listened to at least 100 games throughout the season, I just really believed they'd be in the thick of things this late once they bounced back after that 8 game losing streak.

Last couple weeks it's looked like guys have been getting gassed. This is the grind of a playoff hunt and it's been awesome and the ride to the finish line will be just as fun, even if they fall short. The win tonight might give them that boost they need to get through it.

This is a better team than KC for sure, but I'd love if they hopped Detroit after they "dumped" Jackson on us to get Price, and all we gave up was Franklin. What a steal.

I'd love it even more of Oakland finished their absolute swoon by missing the playoffs entirely.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":24xaq4mq said:
It's amazing going back to before the season and looking at my own posts. Been a while since I've posted in here, kinda forgot about it. A lot of what I thought came rather close to being dead on, though who broke out and who washed out was kinda opposite. I was high on Smoak, down on Ackley...lol

Mike Zunino might be my favorite sub-.200 player ever.

I've watched/listened to at least 100 games throughout the season, I just really believed they'd be in the thick of things this late once they bounced back after that 8 game losing streak.

Last couple weeks it's looked like guys have been getting gassed. This is the grind of a playoff hunt and it's been awesome and the ride to the finish line will be just as fun, even if they fall short. The win tonight might give them that boost they need to get through it.

This is a better team than KC for sure, but I'd love if they hopped Detroit after they "dumped" Jackson on us to get Price, and all we gave up was Franklin. What a steal.

I'd love it even more of Oakland finished their absolute swoon by missing the playoffs entirely.

Work to be done... (it is interesting to go back and read the first 5-8 pages of this thread)

Last night was a huge response from the club. Detroit gave away a win at Minnesota. KC the same with the White Sox (although not as dramatic), and the icing on the cake was the M's storming past the Angels just as the A's were giving in to the Rangers.

Perfect night of baseball really.

We will need a few more just like it. The pressure is ramping up on 4-5 teams now.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
The more and more I dig into what's happening the last 2 weeks of the season, the more optimism I have. Last night's loss kind of burned a little because the lineup was so crappy and Paxton was incredible, and the game broke open on Denorfia's error. Denorfia, Smoak and Sucre all in at once? Solely to match up RH vs LHP? Possibly. But then I looked at the upside of this move.

You have Paxton on the bump, who is by all rights on his way to becoming a Cy Young caliber pitcher. You roll the dice with the weaker RH hitters vs a LHP, while giving a really good rest day to Zunino, Saundo and LoMo for the home stretch. Zunino will probably get 1 more game off in Toronto, but I'd expect the rest of the lineup to be dead solid the rest of the way. You're basically hoping for that lineup to score 2-3 runs against a middle of the road LH'er. If they can do that, your odds of winning are pretty high. It's all a numbers game.

Yesterday KC had to face Chris Sale, and by all rights you'd expect a KC loss there. Then between OAK and DET, probabilities were that one of them would lose. Therefore a win by the M's in that situation would be very big, and a loss not all that damaging. Ends up KC improbably shells Sale and wins, while DET loses and Chokeland's closer gets pasted for 6 runs in the 9th inning to waste Jeff Samamdidjajjajr's 8IP shutout game.

This in turn let LAA clinch the West last night. Commence 11:30pm spraying of the bubbly and victory laps around the park to thank the fans until midnight. And commence further drinking throughout the night. Result: hungover Angels vs Felix tonight.

KC and DET play this weekend. One of those teams will lose at least 2 games. KC has to finish their suspended game with CLE on Monday, trailing 4-2 in the 10th inning. Best case scenario here is DET sweeps and CLE holds on, sending KC down 4 straight games. Worst case is that DET wins 2 of 3 and KC comes back to win the CLE game in extras. Even that scenario wont be all that bad if the M's take care of business.

If the M's win tonight, take 2 of 3 from HOU, and win Monday at Toronto, depending on how OAK does this weekend(they look like they're just done), they could be in charge of the WC1 spot come Tuesday. TOR could be packing it in, and if we win 3 of 4 there, we could go into the final series vs LAA with Kuma, Pax and The King on the bump up by 2 games in the WC1.

Latest posts