2014 Seattle Mariners

hawkfan68

Reaction score
What happens if Seattle, Detroit, Oakland, and KC all end up with the same record. What are the tiebreakers?

m0ng0

Reaction score
sounds like we are playing the Angels 2nd unit tonight, with the King going we "should" be able to roll tonight!

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Happy Felix Day! Here's a little something to get you in the mood.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v35343787/mlb-network-visits-the-kings-court-in-seattle

As for the game itself, I'm excited to see the Angels second unit get some playing time. Shawn O'Malley lived just up the road from me as a kid and we played together and against each other at different times growing up and I'm excited to see him getting some time up in the big leagues.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
King Felix pitching a dandy so far but the M's hitters are making a no-name pitcher look like Cy Young. When will this team learn to hit on a consistent basis? Sheesh....

Chapow

Reaction score
Holy balls this is frustrating as hell to watch. Through 6, the M's have been shutout by a nonstarter with an ERA of 6.88. Cano hit into a double play with 2 on and only 1 out to end the top of the 6th. First time in the game they had a base runner on with less than 2 outs.

At least Felix is dominating the Angels all backup lineup, as would be expected.

Chapow

Reaction score
Shutout through 7...against minor league quality pitching :34853_doh:

I don't know how Felix puts up with this shit over and over and over again.

Chapow

Reaction score
Oh
My
Gawd
The M's barely, and I mean barely, eek out a win against the AAA Salt Lake Bees.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Rodney breaks Save record, Mariners clinch first winning season since 09. BOOM!

Yeah, things are lookin up!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":zek7f3dr said:

Excellent except we need to win 7-8 more for a realistic shot at the playoffs.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3d4xfgqp said:
dumbrabbit":3d4xfgqp said:

Excellent except we need to win 7-8 more for a realistic shot at the playoffs.
With ten more games..I disagree..Would be nice..5/6 should do it for the 2nd spot..GO M'S!!!

Crizilla

Reaction score
This team won't die. M's are lucky that the A's are struggling. Royals have been, too. Royals play the Tigers which means one of those teams will lose the series. M's really need to win this series against the Astros to benefit from the Royals/Tigers series. I know I'm stating the obvious but there's 10 freaking games left. Now is the time to break out of the funk.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
While I look at the standings, I don't care how the other teams are doing. Why? If they keep playing Mariners baseball things will take care of themselves.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Chapow":14s9kebo said:
Oh
My
Gawd
The M's barely, and I mean barely, eek out a win against the AAA Salt Lake Bees.

Poor Felix. We hit 13 runs a few nights prior. We've barely given him 13 runs in support ALL season! (an exaggeration, but you get my drift)

Every time he pitches a beauty it's like our hitters are paralyzed. Still, happy to see us eek out a victory last night.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2ly026fs said:
Chapow":2ly026fs said:
Oh
My
Gawd

Poor Felix. We hit 13 runs a few nights prior. We've barely given him 13 runs in support ALL season! (an exaggeration, but you get my drift)

Every time he pitches a beauty it's like our hitters are paralyzed. Still, happy to see us eek out a victory last night.

Felix doesnt care...

hes finally pitching meaningful games in September. If this team manages a playoff spot he will probably win the Cy Young.

This is what he's wanted