2014 Seattle Mariners

Smellyman

Reaction score
jkitsune":3dm2spc0 said:
What do you guys think of Denorfia vs Chavez in RF? Obviously either way RF remains an area of concern for us, and I realize Denorfia had a great game yesterday, but otherwise he has really struggled at the plate.

it's great, hits haven't come in bunches for denorfia but he has good AB's and puts good swings out there, while learning a lot of new pitchers. A great lefty/righty platoon.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
m0ng0":12kfjv5u said:
Fasten your seatbelts its almost Fernando Rodney time!
He only gave up 1 run tonight.

Meanwhile, Detroit is getting spanked by the Giants. Seattle looks set to take back the #2 wildcard spot.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
jkitsune":a029gyz6 said:
What do you guys think of Denorfia vs Chavez in RF? Obviously either way RF remains an area of concern for us, and I realize Denorfia had a great game yesterday, but otherwise he has really struggled at the plate.

Michael Saunders.........but Endy and Chris have played very well for us.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The M's are rolling however they used 6 relief pitchers last night which is a bit taxing on the bullpen. Hopefully they won't need the bullpen for tonight's game.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
With Young going ,I'm thinking we will see Walker pitch hopefully after the 5th if at all..

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Mariners got their 1.5 game lead, which is nice. But, Qualls shat he bed in the ninth against the A's and they scored three in the bottom of the ninth to beat the Astros and keep the M's two back of the first wildcard. The Angels also won late to stay eight ahead in the division.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I just realized that the A's play the Angels again after today. We play Houston. I don't think the A's win many of those games and if we want to be a play off team we really need to be beating Houston. If we build a lead then it will come down the the next A's series.

Storts

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1x8lbiwd said:
They're only two behind the A's.

To catch the Angels, they'll have to go like 6-1 or better in their last seven against 'em. Probably won't happen, but if we could be so lucky...

Even then probably wouldn't catch us

Uncle Si

Reaction score
dunceface":232v2xqw said:
good to see Felix back to his usual self

yep, nice little outing. not overly dominant, but very very good.

big hit for Miller, happy for him. How nice is it to be talking about big time hits in September (Ackley's HR against the Nationals, now Miller's triple). Like the mid-90s or early aughts all over again.