NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
chris98251":3uhvylqw said:
If the Whale won't or can't get 7 % to limit Hansens control, 7 percent is a big chunk of the 35 percent thats not owned by the Maloofs how is that ownership group going to match the 65 percent plus deposit and a arena.

Luchetti is not one of KJ's whales. He is a current minority stake holder in the Kings already.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
drdiags":l37pu8rq said:
Throwdown":l37pu8rq said:
Dale Kasler ‏@dakasler 35m
I've been told as well, as @sam_amick reported, that ltd partner Lucchetti no longer expected to match Hansen bid for 7% share in #NBAKings

Hansen controls 7%

Was wondering about this, since I last saw the Lucchetti bid being accepted by the Bankruptcy lawyer. Which I thought there was a non-compete when Hansen put in the bid. This thing has so many twists and turns, probably will kill off Blitzer88. We may have to cremate him and toss his ashes in the ocean like the Dude did with his bud.
I don't see Blitzer as a bowler. ...and if he is he's probably a lefty! ;)

chris98251

Reaction score
He is part of the group, I thought it was his shares that were in Bankrupt state and he was trying to reaquire them and be a member of the group.

Throwdown

Reaction score
No, bob cook is bankrupt, luchetti is a minority owner of the kings already and tried to use his first right of refusal, but obviously he hasn't followed through on that.

And now it looks like if the sac group does make a formal bid, Hansen and Ballmer are going to up their offer.

STAY STRONG, BLITZER!!! Trust in Chris Hansen!

Shaz

Reaction score
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
NEW: Two sources confirm Hansen/Ballmer considering upping offer for #NBAKings. I'm told $25m increase being considered.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Throwdown":1hhj20af said:
Pstark3":1hhj20af said:
Sac town matched Hansens offer.

Formally, or are you talking about the report from earlier today where they said they would.
Well I heard the report and saw that Hansen and Balmer were planning to raise the offer so I assumed it would have to be formal

Shaz

Reaction score
Pstark3":2p0orcbb said:
Throwdown":2p0orcbb said:
Pstark3":2p0orcbb said:
Sac town matched Hansens offer.

Formally, or are you talking about the report from earlier today where they said they would.
Well I heard the report and saw that Hansen and Balmer were planning to raise the offer so I assumed it would have to be formal

That is on the condition that the Sac group has indeed matched

Which they haven't

The Outfield

Reaction score
Anyone have or know where to find a list of the people part of the Sacramento group? It's gotta be pretty long...

Pstark3

Reaction score
Shaz":13ghs6sk said:
Pstark3":13ghs6sk said:
Throwdown":13ghs6sk said:

That is on the condition that the Sac group has indeed matched

Which they haven't
So if they havnt FORMALLY matched our offer by the end of today, is that game?

Shaz

Reaction score
Pstark3":qvsxrmrz said:
So if they havnt FORMALLY matched our offer by the end of today, is that game?

No, they have until the end of the weekend to match, which of course Hansen can up their bid by however much they like

They are basically calling Sacramento's bluff

Shaz

Reaction score
Ye of little faith there Sailor

No worries

Hansen is our guide and he has not steered us wrong yet

Shaz

Reaction score
Just now from Chris Hansen:

http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/an-update

We would like to announce that we have reached an agreement with the Maloofs to raise the price we are offering to purchase the controlling interest in the Sacramento Kings NBA franchise by $25 million — from an enterprise value of $525 million to an enterprise value of $550 million.
While we already have a binding purchase agreement to purchase the controlling interest in the team, the Seattle Ownership Group has elected to voluntarily raise its purchase price as a sign of our commitment to bring basketball back to our City and our high degree of confidence in our Arena plan, our financing plan, the economic strength of the Seattle market, individual and corporate support for the team and, most importantly, the future of the NBA.
— Chris Hansen

Pstark3

Reaction score
Hansen raises the offer before Sac even officially matches our old offer. Boss status

Status
Not open for further replies.