NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHawks4L

Reaction score
Throwdown":2rm7d9lu said:
Reading SonicsRising, anyone catch that Peter Holt, Owner the Spurs and Chairman of the BOG went in Pro Sacramento and came out Pro Seattle on the 3rd?

Yeah, but Stern is so anti-Seattle. He's doing all he can to prevent us from getting a team, even when the financials make so much more sense...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":15d29ct9 said:
Reading SonicsRising, anyone catch that Peter Holt, Owner the Spurs and Chairman of the BOG went in Pro Sacramento and came out Pro Seattle on the 3rd?
and KJ knows this, that is why they are trying to throw every roadblock they can at the Hanson group, only problem is Hanson is about 10 steps ahead of KJ and the Sac group. :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CHawks4L":s9ybizkv said:
Throwdown":s9ybizkv said:

Yeah, but Stern is so anti-Seattle. He's doing all he can to prevent us from getting a team, even when the financials make so much more sense...
Tust me I hate Stern more than anyone here....
But....Stern works for the owners and is leaving soon, his power is dwindling by the second. The NBA would be commiting financial suicide by choosing a lesser deal in Sactown over Seattle unless there is immediate expansion.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Bob Condotta @bcondotta
Seattle now being regarded as about a 28-point underdog. But what's unclear is what the comeback plan is being drawn up by Hansen/Ballmer.

Now the Seattle media is giving us no shot..........

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2a4f3szi said:
Bob Condotta @bcondotta
Seattle now being regarded as about a 28-point underdog. But what's unclear is what the comeback plan is being drawn up by Hansen/Ballmer.

Now the Seattle media is giving us no shot..........
one guys opinion........ whats his source?

Msfann

Reaction score
Give it 5 minutes and we'll get some good news, then wait 5 more minutes and we'll hear some bad news again.

I'm not going to get too happy/sad until this is all done. The media is getting anxious and is starting to over report things just so they can report everything first. This pattern will get much worse over the next week.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
No matter how positive of a fan you are that the Seattle group is gonna win, there is no way to look at the Maloofs extending the bid deadline for Sac as a good thing.

Sac

Reaction score
Blitzer88":we68wvrk said:
No matter how positive of a fan you are that the Seattle group is gonna win, there is no way to look at the Maloofs extending the bid deadline for Sac as a good thing.

I look at it as a good thing.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2hnnkoxp said:

Shaddup, they can't do squat right now without Hansen's say so because of that LEGALLY BINDING PSA. Hansen is pulling strings to see what these clowns are really capable of doing.

pinksheets

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3ti777rl said:
After having the Sonics ripped away from Seattle the lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves for wishing the same thing in another city.

For shame.
Well, I want another team, and a team in a bad market makes the most sense to take. That's all there is to it. Our guys put the leg work in, did the business, Sacramento has thrown together a daydream barebones arena deal that does not look like it pans out and a group of 342 miniature investors powered by an incessant PR campaign. Our guys negotiated with the owners, made them a great offer, put together a real arena plan, and signed a sales agreement. You know, business and stuff.

If the NBA wants to be charitable and take the financial hit to have a team in that market, I guess good karma for them? I just don't get how it makes any sense for them as a business.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Sacramento SAYS it will match, SAYS their offer is competitive, SAYS they're going to build an arena (hey we even wrote it on the back of an Applebee's placemat). They say a lot, where's the money?

Put out a fully fleshed out financing package for the arena.
Put a binding offer together for the Maloofs in the event the BoG rejects the Seattle group, no backing out.
Put $30m in escrow to repay Seattle for deposit.
Put down money to buy the real estate for the arena even.

Put down some money. They haven't yet.

They are even letting Hansen buy the 7% bankruptcy share. Another opportunity to put their money down and they don't.

Throwdown

Reaction score
3 minutes til 5 and nothing, how long are they keeping it open? Lolololol c'mon Vivek Ranawhatever step up big guy!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Dale Kasler ‏@dakasler 35m
I've been told as well, as @sam_amick reported, that ltd partner Lucchetti no longer expected to match Hansen bid for 7% share in #NBAKings

Hansen controls 7%

The Outfield

Reaction score
So what happens with the 7% share if Hansen retains it and Sac keeps the kings? Will Hansen just re-sell it?

drdiags

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ek3ucy6 said:
I've been told as well, as @sam_amick reported, that ltd partner Lucchetti no longer expected to match Hansen bid for 7% share in #NBAKings

Hansen controls 7%

Was wondering about this, since I last saw the Lucchetti bid being accepted by the Bankruptcy lawyer. Which I thought there was a non-compete when Hansen put in the bid. This thing has so many twists and turns, probably will kill off Blitzer88. We may have to cremate him and toss his ashes in the ocean like the Dude did with his bud.

Throwdown

Reaction score
drdiags":jkw9k5se said:
Throwdown":jkw9k5se said:

Hansen controls 7%

Was wondering about this, since I last saw the Lucchetti bid being accepted by the Bankruptcy lawyer. Which I thought there was a non-compete when Hansen put in the bid. This thing has so many twists and turns, probably will kill off Blitzer88. We may have to cremate him and toss his ashes in the ocean like the Dude did with his bud.

lol Thanks a lot, now i'm gonna have to go watch that movie.

chris98251

Reaction score
If the Whale won't or can't get 7 % to limit Hansens control, 7 percent is a big chunk of the 35 percent thats not owned by the Maloofs how is that ownership group going to match the 65 percent plus deposit and a arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.