How do we make the Seahawks become "Canada's" NFL team??

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • After reading this,
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/21/th ... lls-series
    and seeing all the large amount fans here in Toronto come out, and reading the CDN fan stats that someone posted here, why not come out and embrace your northerny neighbours?!

This city is ripe for the pickin'. You can't shake off the existing groups of Pack/Steel/Boys fans but there is no dominant NFL team. And with the west provinces, already cheering for the hawks, it seems to be a no-brainer. (Ok there won't be much support from Quebec and the Atlantic provinces but Toronto is the hub!)

I was thinking that the management brass should do something (doesn't have to be big) to show that Seattle cares. Example, a contest to attend a game would be great. Showcasing Canadian fans on the website, Canadian appearances, etc. Take advantage of the current hype/excitement as Seahawk games are now being broadcasted more often and certainly getting alot of radio time.

"Seahawks eh?!"

Thoughts?
    silverss
    NET Rookie

• Where is this "Canada" you speak of?

What is their native tongue and traditions?

Would they embrace such a violent sport?

We should get pro hockey any day now-maybe the teams could set up a package together.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Canada is a big place.

The Seahawks are already Western Canada's team. There was a poll posted recently that showed this.

They will NEVER be Eastern Canada's team. Eastern Canada is closer to many different East coast teams. It's like telling Seattle hockey fans to root for the Toronto Maple Leafs when the Vancouver Canucks are so much closer.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• We create a PNW Army. We appoint Paul Allen as Commander in Chief. We train for a year then we invade Canada and proclaim the Seahawks as the national team. That and no more French speaking.
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

• and no more Canadian rock n roll.

Just kidding Rush fans
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

• Atradees wrote:
    We should get pro hockey any day now-maybe the teams could set up a package together.

:th2thumbs:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• SeaTown81 wrote:Canada is a big place.

The Seahawks are already Western Canada's team. There was a poll posted recently that showed this.

They will NEVER be Eastern Canada's team. Eastern Canada is closer to many different East coast teams. It's like telling Seattle hockey fans to root for the Toronto Maple Leafs when the Vancouver Canucks are so much closer.

Ok then, how do the hawks become Toronto's team?! Should we send you an Argonaut player lol?!
    :)

I get what your saying but Toronto does not have a true NFL team to root & cheer for. I think it is possible...
    silverss
    NET Rookie

• SeaTown81 wrote:Canada is a big place.

Any person in there right mind would root for the Leafs over the Casucks.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• TorontoHawk wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:Canada is a big place.

TorontoHawk, did Big Frank Mahovlich ever retire?

Signed, anygivensunday (who was a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan during the days of The Original Six, when hockey was really hockey)
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Canada is too large and diverse to ever settle on a single NFL team. I doubt that it would happen even if there was a team based in Canada.
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

• Use the Cowboys angle.
    Just keep saying it over and over again until people think it's true.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• Please no. I don't want the Seahawks playing in Canada.
    strohmin
    NET Starter

• TorontoHawk wrote:

Please! The last time the Leafs played a meaningful game we received our TV signal with an aerial and the TV was black and white! Thank God for the advent of regional TV coverage. The only time I get tormented with them now is when they are playing somebody local. On a bright note, this is the best the Leafs have looked in December in 50 years! With no games being played they are unable to assume the natural position of all leafs - in the gutter! :thirishdrinkers:
    canfan
    NET Rookie

• Yeah dude, Canada is huge and something like 90% of the population is within 20km of the border. As such, cities tend to glom on to the team that's closest; Toronto and Buffalo, Windsor and Detroit, the Maritimes and New England, Winnipeg and Minnesota, Seattle and Vancouver. Then there's those who naturally glom onto the front runners (and you get that Everywhere).

There won't ever be a single "canada's team". Sorry brah...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Aw hell no. I don't want the Seahawks to be "Canada's" anything.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Keep signing CFL players?Browner worked out.Lumsden and Foley-not so much
    and sell Canadian beer at Century Link
    Plus get the state patrol to stop picking on us when we go to games...lol
    canzag
    NET Veteran

• The Seahawks are already Calgary's team!

http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/11/17/vo ... s-nfl-team

P.S.: We HATE the Vancouver Cannots!
    Love 1 NFL team, hate the other 31!
    Love 1 NHL team, hate 28 other teams, and REALLY hate the Vancouver Canucks!
    Howie_16
    NET Bench Warmer

• We just need a Canadian Recruitment drive. There are basically two countries in Canada, Quebec (i.e. Toronto) and the rest of Canada. We already own "the rest of" Canada's coolest City (Vancouver), so we just need to hard sweep Toronto Maple Leafs boards, tell them what a great team they are, then invite them to join Seahawks.Net. I would be willing to wager, within 48 hours, I could get 50 Toronto based Canadians to join Hawks Nation.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• Hell the lions practically are a Canadian team already. What are they 5 miles from Ontario?
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Shock2k wrote:We just need a Canadian Recruitment drive. There are basically two countries in Canada, Quebec (i.e. Toronto) and the rest of Canada. We already own "the rest of" Canada's coolest City (Vancouver), so we just need to hard sweep Toronto Maple Leafs boards, tell them what a great team they are, then invite them to join Seahawks.Net. I would be willing to wager, within 48 hours, I could get 50 Toronto based Canadians to join Hawks Nation.

Is Vancouver really Canada's coolest city if you have to identify it in brackets? I love the city of Vancouver, just too many Canuck fans live there for my liking. ;)
    Howie_16
    NET Bench Warmer

• Best way to do that would be to play at least one "home" game per year in Canada. And I think we can all agree to a big HELL THE F--- NO to that.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:Best way to do that would be to play at least one "home" game per year in Canada. And I think we can all agree to a big HELL THE F--- NO to that.

I am Canadian, and I would agree 100%. I enjoy travelling to Seattle for a game once a year, and watching the remainder of the season on television.
    Howie_16
    NET Bench Warmer

• TheHawkster wrote:Use the Cowboys angle.
    Just keep saying it over and over again until people think it's true.

oh god i lol'd
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• My first post has a home....

Seahawks fan of 25 years living in Toronto. Needed to pick a team in high school to be my favourite (proper spelling...) and wanted to pick a team nobody else was a fan of. At the time and being a casual fan, the Seahawks were a perfect fit.

Gotta admit, this is the most excited I've ever been about the team. And was really surprised at the number of Seahawks fans at the game a couple of weeks back.

As both a fan of the Seahawks and the Leafs, it's been a long grind. That said, there's something special going on with this team this year....

Can't wait for Sunday and better yet, the weeks beyond.
    Torontohawkfan
    NET Bench Warmer

• Sweet, our first confirmed Toronto Fan! Welcome to the Hawks board!
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• Shock2k wrote:Sweet, our first confirmed Toronto Fan! Welcome to the Hawks board!

Dude, what are you talking about? TDot's been here for years...

And Howie... Everything about your posts makes my eyes hurt.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Shock2k wrote:Sweet, our first confirmed Toronto Fan! Welcome to the Hawks board!

Thank you kindly. Just found this place a couple of weeks ago. I'm home...
    Torontohawkfan
    NET Bench Warmer

• My plan for getting Canada more involved in the NFL. (And it's great, which is why it won't happen):

1. Move Jacksonville Jaguars to Vancouver. (Florida doesn't deserve 3 NFL teams and J-ville in no way merits a franchise.)
    2. Move Jags (now the Griz?) into NFC West.
    3. Boot the useless Cardinals over to the AFC South.

This would be awesome on so many levels. Nearby rival for the Hawks and 49ers. Less travel for the Hawks. Another team in the Pacific time zone. International appeal. What's not to love?
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

You are lost, check some of the fans no here a few from Toronto.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• onanygivensunday wrote:
    TorontoHawk wrote:

TorontoHawk, did Big Frank Mahovlich ever retire?

Signed, anygivensunday (who was a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan during the days of The Original Six, when hockey was really hockey)

We need a player like Frank on the team these days, as the Leafs are awful at the moment.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:Best way to do that would be to play at least one "home" game per year in Canada. And I think we can all agree to a big HELL THE F--- NO to that.

Buffalo made that mistake to expand their fanbase, but that has backfired to an extent (they still make decent profit, but lose a home game in the process). Seahawks don't need to go crazy in expanding their fanbase, especially with the current future of this team. I absolutely love Vancouver, but the atmosphere of a game there will be awful in comparison.
    Silverhammer
    NET Bench Warmer

• Silverhammer wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote:Best way to do that would be to play at least one "home" game per year in Canada. And I think we can all agree to a big HELL THE F--- NO to that.

Buffalo made that mistake to expand their fanbase, but that has backfired to an extent (they still make decent profit, but lose a home game in the process). Seahawks don't need to go crazy in expanding their fanbase, especially with the current future of this team. I absolutely love Vancouver, but the atmosphere of a game there will be awful in comparison.

I loved that the Hawks played in my hometown, but it was nowhere the same as when I went to games in Seattle and was part of the 12th man, it was a thing I will never forget and hope to do again.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:And Howie... Everything about your posts makes my eyes hurt.

Thanks my brother of 12! GO 'HAWKS!
    Howie_16
    NET Bench Warmer

• Ive been up in vancouver and a lot of the surrounding areas wearing my hawks jerseys and practically everybody says ,, go hawks eh
    They are already hawks fans and oh so nice and laid back
    hawxfreak
    NET Practice Squad

• As great as it would be to see the Hawks up here in Vancouver, there is now way in hell I want that Buffalo/Toronto crap to happen. I do wonder how much of a home croud the Hawks would get if that did happen? I would hazard a guess that at leasst 65% of the Stadium would be filled with Hawks fans maybe more depending on who they are playing.
    WCstripes
    NET Bench Warmer

• As someone one from Vancouver I don't like what buffalo did. I believe the fanbase would show better but I don't want that. I want a real NFL experience. If you can't get off your lazy you know what, to drive 3 hours or so to watch a game in an amazing city and stadium then stay at home and watch them on TV nothing wrong with that. Props for the Canadian flag hanging from there rafters as well. Seattle is like a home away from home. great place.
    Last edited by SeahawkGeoff on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SeahawkGeoff
    NET Practice Squad

• strohmin wrote:Please no. I don't want the Seahawks playing in Canada.

Bingo I would never sacrifice a single home game.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

• The Canadian fans should make the pilgrimage to the Clink. Come on down and let us show you a good time.

I've met fans from Canada and they are rabid.
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran

• I want poutine at the Clink!
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• Pretty sure the Bills have already tried this..... Didn't seem to work too well.
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

• VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:My plan for getting Canada more involved in the NFL. (And it's great, which is why it won't happen):

1. Move Jacksonville Jaguars to Vancouver. (Florida doesn't deserve 3 NFL teams and J-ville in no way merits a franchise.)
    2. Move Jags (now the Griz?) into NFC West.
    3. Boot the useless Cardinals over to the AFC South.

This would be awesome on so many levels. Nearby rival for the Hawks and 49ers. Less travel for the Hawks. Another team in the Pacific time zone. International appeal. What's not to love?

I would be so conflicted if this ever happened! I am a diehard Hawks fan and to see my home team in the same division as my Hawks I wouldn't know what the hell to do... If it was the Jags that moved though at least I know it wouldn't be a competitive rivalry for the next decade and I could just go on supporting my Hawks!
    Meedsy
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information