Do we have the best receiving corps in the NFL with Harvin?

Zorn76

Reaction score
HawkGANG":11scg44w said:
I don't know about the best, but they are good enough to win a Super Bowl with.

I agree.

Among the breaks we've received this year was getting Harvin back not long after Rice's injury. And as we all saw last Sunday against the Vikings, this kid's play making ability is off the charts.

The kickoff return he had just before halftime set up a TD that was, essentially, the stomach punch that Minnesota never recovered from and gave us big momentum for the 2nd half. Percy's going to be a handful for any opponent's defense for the remainder of this season and the playoffs.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Zorn76":1lb9ek3u said:
HawkGANG":1lb9ek3u said:
I don't know about the best, but they are good enough to win a Super Bowl with.

I agree.

Among the breaks we've received this year was getting Harvin back not long after Rice's injury. And as we all saw last Sunday against the Vikings, this kid's play making ability is off the charts.

The kickoff return he had just before halftime set up a TD that was, essentially, the stomach punch that Minnesota never recovered from and gave us big momentum for the 2nd half. Percy's going to be a handful for any opponent's defense for the remainder of this season and the playoffs.
Zorn! What up man!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I love how the group mixes and matches, but it would be crazy to call this the top corp without a true #1 WR in the group. Harvin is more of an all-purpose weapon than a true #1 receiving threat. The group lacks a great big target on the outside, too.

lukerguy

Reaction score
BKCW":1q2atay6 said:
lukerguy":1q2atay6 said:
Missing_Clink":1q2atay6 said:
Baldwin and Randle are comparable.

Really?

Rank Receptions Drops Targets % Targets Drop %
306 Rueben Randle WR NYG 29 3 51 56.9 % 5.9%
147 Doug Baldwin WR Sea 36 1 50 72.0 % 2.0%

What these don't reveal is that Doug is CLUTCH.

I like Baldwin more than Tate to be honest, but most people won't understand the little thing's that Doug does, how clutch he is, or how great of person he is. The point wasn't to say that Randle is better than Baldwin but illustrate that we have a better WR core than NYG.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Kearse ran a 4.58. I think Denver has the best receiving corp with Wes Welker, Demaryius Thomas and that tight end they have is absolutely ridiculous! Wow would I love to steal him some how.

Our team has to have the best deep ball receivers because they always seem to be way down the field when the catch it. But that's partly Russell seeing and throwing the ball too. Our Tight Ends are verging on elite, I think Willson is going to be a Pro Bowler and that's all John Schneider and his scouts. How the hell do they do that? A kid who was injured all year in college and they wanted him badly? It's magic.

Our running backs are great out of the backfield, even the rookies. Hell, even our DTs can catch the ball :)

Tical21

Reaction score
If contracts weren't an issue, I would only trade our WR's for the following groups:

Denver
Chicago
Atlanta
GB
Detroit
Houston
New Orleans (only if TE's are involved)
Arizona

kearly

Reaction score
SilkMonkey":2e2097k1 said:
Kearse isn't 4.3, I think he's in the 4.5-4.6 range but plays faster at times.

FWIW, he ran a 4.50 at the combine and a 4.43 at his pro day. Identical to Tate and Baldwin, pretty much.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I'll add to the O.P.'s statement:

1. Who really cares about where our players rank...the question really is, Can they get the job done at a Championship level?

To which the only answer would be... Yes, they mutha bleepin can...and in so many different ways, so many different possibilities with a QB that can do it all, and a RB that can not carry more than a load but also a team of defenders.

Tate is a riot of a play-maker. In the hybrid comparison game Tate is like Marshawn Lynch meets Randall Cobb. Every time you give it to this man... you never know when BOOM goes the dynamite.

Baldwin is a smooth criminal. He's a crafty competitive thief that steals one of the kind gem highlight reel catches from incessant opposing defenders.

Harvin is a graceful Tate. A do-it-all athlete in a small mold. However,e verything Harvin does seems surreal like everything around him is moving slower like he's a human Time Warp. The ways he moves... it so f'n beautiful, man!

(Lol, sorry and onward, ho)

That's a damn sweet trio of electric play-making ability and some of the greatest photo opportunities in the Sporting world.

Now to the part where I agree with the OPs statement, I've seen many peeps saying "if Healthy" in their WR rankings. Ok, how about this group "IF HEALTHY" towards the mean of their career best performances:

WR, Percy Harvin+ (10 games, Hip surgery)
WR, Sidney Rice+ (2 games, bum knee all season)
WR, Golden Tate
WR, Doug Baldwin
WR, Jermaine Kearse # (concussion in last game)
TE, Zach Miller+ (2 games, hamstring)
TE, Anthony McCoy+ (11 games, I.R.'d since May/June)
TE, Luke Willson (5th round Rookies, looks good)
RB, Marshawn Lynch
RB, Robert Turbin
RB, Michael Robinson+ (7 games, Ill)
RB, Derrick Coleman
RB, Christine Michael

Not all WRs, no, but what all these individuals could all do together in the Receiving Game for and with Russell Wilson...It would easily have been the Greatest Show On FieldTurf. And its not far off, Seahawks are pretty damn good without having the healthiest of squads all season long, as well.

What it all boils down to me is for a WR and for any player really is: Effiencent Production Towards Wins > Matter of Production in All Games

Seahawks aren't a sugarcoated gumdrop, force feeding production to the same singular talent with different results to winning. They are a teeth-rotting jawbreaker of efficient purpose and Wilson has shown that he pretty much can do anything with these men when his line gives him time to stand still and scout the defense.

el capitan

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson is the best receiving corps in the NFL, although I'd put our guys at a close 2nd.

ivotuk

Reaction score

HawkWow

Reaction score
I never could get my head around the disrespect for our group of WRs. Posters were ready to run them out of town with all the 'IF RW HAD A WR THAT COULD GET SEPERATION" talk. These guys just make catches. I mentioned in another thread, it is abundantly clear they love their QB. They give the impression they'd rather die than drop a pass, or not climb the sky to get one. Dougie spat his frikin teeth out trying to make a catch! It's a beautiful thing.

Add the "most dangerous man in football" to this mix and you have to feel terrible for Rice. He will be raising the flag sooner than he'll be catching another pass from Russell Wilson. Let's just hope there's enough balls to go around for Harvin and Tate to keep their heads on straight. We will always be run first, but this set of WRs we have, along with RW, could easily be the nucleus of a dynasty.

RiverDog

Reaction score
To the OP, no, not even close. We're second tier at best IMO.

When healthy, I like Atlanta's receiving corps of Jones, White, and TE Tony Gonzalez. Denver has an awesome group, too, as do the Saints. Tony Romo has a great group to throw to, too, with Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, and Mark Whitten.

I'm not as down on our group as I was at the start of the season as Tate is proving himself to be one of the best receivers after the catch and Baldwin and Kearse have both improved, but IMO we're a far cry from the aforementioned teams. But they should be good enough for us to haul in a Lombardi. Very few teams with a stud receiver have won Lombardi's. Megatron hasn't, Dez Bryant hasn't, Julio Jones hasn't. Green Bay has worked wonders with a very pedestrian receiving corps with guys like Jordy Nelson.

I'm still in a wait-and-see mode with Harvin. He's only caught one pass for us, so it's pretty hard for me to come to a conclusion like what's being suggested based on one reception.

getnasty

Reaction score
If we were in a offense that threw the ball 35 to 40 times our WR's would get a lot more love I think. I think when everyone is healthy were probably a top 5 unit. Statistically we'll never be top 5 but no groups would in this offfense. Plus people are somehow underestimating Percy, when healthy he's as good as it gets.

hawker84

Reaction score
best group? NO
Average at best? NO

they're are above average, in fact with the addition of Harvin and Kearsh now stepping up, i would definitely put them in the upper echlon of the league.

what i love about this group is their passion and dedication to this team, not to mention the fact that they go out week after week and make huge game changing plays. they will never get their credit from the rest of the league because they don't put up sexy numbers like Calvin or Dez or Denver, and that's just fine with me. but i bet you opposing defensive coordinators know how good this group is....

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RiverDog":jn83p6gy said:
To the OP, no, not even close. We're second tier at best IMO.

When healthy, I like Atlanta's receiving corps of Jones, White, and TE Tony Gonzalez. Denver has an awesome group, too, as do the Saints. Tony Romo has a great group to throw to, too, with Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, and Mark Whitten.

A) It's Jason Witten

B) Miles Austin hasn't been good in a couple years.

C) I wouldn't take anyone from the Cowboys receiving squad except Dez.

Tical21

Reaction score
Until we show that we can complete a slant route with regularity, we don't deserve to be anywhere near the top of any list.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I don't think we have the best recieving corp in our division. I'd say Az does. Atl, Hou to name few. We are middle of the road.

A

Anonymous

In terms of guys with good hands and tip-toes we do.

Harvin draws more coverage and creates more one-on-one for the other receivers than anybody but (probably) Megatron.

We're good.

Latest posts