Do we have the best receiving corps in the NFL with Harvin?

formido

Reaction score
Yep, a top tier receiving corps. Folks who are tuned in to advanced stats know this, but folks who still mostly rely on the "eye test", cumulative stats, or outdated "categories" of receivers sometimes won't.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Where our WRs are best is clutch... very few drops.

That ranks very high in my book.

RiverDog

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":qxeq8evv said:
Where our WRs are best is clutch... very few drops.

That ranks very high in my book.

Agreed. And they've made some spectacular, clutch catches. But they don't get good separation nearly often enough. It seems like Russell has to throw into some pretty tight windows.

But for this team, our WR corps is plenty good enough to get us a Lombardi.

Erebus

Reaction score
RiverDog":bz8z010r said:
Tony Romo has a great group to throw to, too, with Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, and Mark Whitten.

Ahh, Mark Whitten. Man what a hitter, at least for a short time. I still remember that 600 foot grand slam he hit against the Twins back in 96 (officially 460ish, but everyone knew it was much longer).

Anyway, back on topic. Our WR corp was top 10-15 before Harvin, but who knows what impact he will have. He could put us in the top five, but I don't think the stats will ever reflect that with how much we pass.

jblaze

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the best, but certainly one that works well in our system. Wilson is a great deep ball passer and we get a lot of good opportunities from our play action. These guys may not be the tallest, but they do a good job boxing out and catching the ball at the highest point and timing the jumps. Give our pass system where we don't really emphasize one guy over another, they all do very well in their respective roles. They just fit our system well.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Don't forget Cincinnati...

AJ Green
Marvin Jones
Mohammed Sanu
Tyler Eiffert
Jermaine Gresham
Gio Bernard (great pass catcher)

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":n4vhm8sz said:
Who's got it better than us?

Denver. At least when it comes to WRs. They have the best WRs in the game....Demyrius Thomas, Decker, Welker and their TE Thomas is much more explosive than Miller (Miller is more solid all around, which is a better fit here, but Thomas is lighting everyone up).

So to answer the OP, no, we don't have the best WRs in the league.

griffonks

Reaction score
I'm not sure Denver's receivers would be better for RW. Denver's receivers are matched to Manning. The qb made or remade them to fit his style. Also Welker, though not on IR, had a concussion last week.

God I'd hate jumping for receptions in the middle of the field. Especially against the Chiefs, Panthers, or the Hawks.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Erebus":3fugri6u said:
RiverDog":3fugri6u said:
Tony Romo has a great group to throw to, too, with Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, and Mark Whitten.

Ahh, Mark Whitten. Man what a hitter, at least for a short time. I still remember that 600 foot grand slam he hit against the Twins back in 96 (officially 460ish, but everyone knew it was much longer).

Anyway, back on topic. Our WR corp was top 10-15 before Harvin, but who knows what impact he will have. He could put us in the top five, but I don't think the stats will ever reflect that with how much we pass.

Sorry. I got my sports mixed up.

Reaction score
McGruff":11m8uluj said:
Denver.

Green Bay when healthy.

Possibly the Saints.

I like Atlanta's better than ours (with Julio).

Indy with Watyne, Hilton and the TE's is pretty good.

I think we are average really, but we excell at catching the contested ball. Not good in separating, not really a speed group, not really big, but we catch the ball and can run.

What's more important then catching the ball and moving the chains? The Nfl is littered with guys that are burners,who couldn't catch the clap in a brothel.
I will take our guys.