We were just paid back in spades for XL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
That game exceeded any dream scenario I could have dreamt for... A total domination in all 3 phases, in front of the WHOLE WORLD, leaving NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER! I'm still in shock that some massive game went in our favor. That doesn't happen for Seattle. It's always us watching some other stupid team doing the impossible. Now, WE did it! It really was OUR TIME!

The officiating was the best that we have seen this season. I disagreed with a couple calls, but they were so close that it didn't bother me that they went against us. Overall, VERY happy with the stripes!

I feel like I should be doing something more... I'm sitting here in my house, and when the clock ticked down to zero, with the game already over at halftime, my wife and I embraced harder than I can remember us ever embracing, both of us blubbering like babies... Nothing will ever surpass that moment... No way! (well, unless I win the Power Ball or something).

But I'm sitting here absorbing all the post-game stuff, but wishing like hell I was 20 years younger and partying my ASS OFF in Pioneer Square right now! I'm jealous as hell at all you guys doing that exact thing right now... :34853_doh:

HIGH FIVES RIGHT HERE FOR ALL MY SEAHAWKS FRIENDS HERE AT .NET!!!!!!

*SLAP*

Northhawk

Reaction score
People called Hawks fans whiners after 2006 but I actually think the refs were mindful of that game which made them call this game straight as possible. Might be wrong but it just felt that way. So congrats to those who fought that fight for the last 8 years.

strohmin

Reaction score
Paid back? We went out there and took that ish from them.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Hell yeah. And the Kearse and Baldwin TD's where they fought to get in the endzone. That just NEVER happens for us in a single game.
So many outstanding plays by all 3 aspects. Freakin' insane!!!!

Seeker

Reaction score
Refs tried everything they could to help Papa Omaha and it didn't help at all.

HawkWow

Reaction score
"Paid back"? WTF? Happy for our 1st (official) SB win, but this sure as hell doesn't erase the atrocities of the first.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
The two are completely different events. Seattle got robbed in 2006 and Seattle was allowed to play and won a ring in 2014. This city should have two rings and one event does not influence the other

HawkWow

Reaction score
falcongoggles":33xsc0ub said:
The two are completely different events. Seattle got robbed in 2006 and Seattle was allowed to play and won a ring in 2014. This city should have two rings and one event does not influence the other

Absolutely bro. I find the title of this thread highly offensive. Let's hope inebriation is to blame, lol.

garrylt4

Reaction score
HawkWow":e8ll3v6l said:
"Paid back"? WTF? Happy for our 1st (official) SB win, but this sure as hell doesn't erase the atrocities of the first.

YES!!! This!!!

zhawk

Reaction score
garrylt4":84un9jto said:
HawkWow":84un9jto said:

YES!!! This!!!

:13:

hawkfannj

Reaction score
For me it kinda washed away all the losing seasons , the crazy holy crap that did not just happen stuff . The blatant Robberies against us. The old AFC west rivalries ESP the broncos and Elway. The whole dam thing is gone in my mind we are world champs ! And it can never be taken away ! Ever !
I truly believe I can watch football differently now with a huge want and desire to win just one championship gone forever ! That was always the killer for me no championships . Now everything else from here is cake to me .

swissvale72

Reaction score
HawkWow":3hh3di1d said:

Atrocities? Your team played an outstanding game last night...it was an ass-kicking of the highest order. But seriously....can't you enjoy being Super Bowl champions and cease the 8-year bellyaching from SB XL.

Yeah....I know that the lamebrain Bill Leavy apologized. And yeah....I know that John Madden, who still can't get over the Immaculate Reception, 40 years later, said that Lochlear wasn't holding.

But I know what my eyes told me....
*Jackson extended his arm on Chris Hope right in front of the official, thus drawing a legit OPI call.
*The nose of the ball pierced the goal line on Roethlisberger's run while he was airborne, thus not reversing it was the proper call
*Lochlear was holding Clark Haggens, had been doing so for awhile, and should have been flagged more than once

I'll give you the call on Hasselbeck's low block after he threw the ball right into Ike Taylor's stone hands on 3rd down.

So seriously, enjoy the win...it's an awesome team you have....but c'mon....stop the crying.

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
Man I hate rehashing XL as it was a painful loss, but you know, I have to be honest and say that the Seahawks played like utter crap that game. I've gone back and looked at some of the calls in that game, mind you years later when I wasn't so pissed off. Really the Hasselbeck low block is the only call where the refs totally f'd up.

Consider:

- Our Seahawks gave up the longest run in SB history in that game.
- Our Seahawks got completely fooled on a 43 yd trick play, Randle El to Ward for a TD.
- Our Seahawks missed two FG's
- Our Seahawks TE, Jerramy Stevens, completely pussied out that game. He had four drops of very catchable passes. Then the pass he does catch, he fumbles after four steps, but the refs rule it an incomplete.
- Holmgren's horrid clock management skills were on full display that day.

Heck the Steelers even did their best to help our Seahawks back in the game when Roethlisberger throws that INT in the EZ that would have made the game 21-3 in the 3rd qtr.

That SB was a shitshow from both teams really. I hate thinking about it but really who gives a shit now? We're SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS NOW!!! Time to celebrate baby!

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
It is hard to keep it in perspective

I used to remind Steeler fans I respected the 5 time super bowl champions while disrespecting the stealer XL trophy

I made a committment to never trash talk another fan base, as a 12 we are better than that

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Yeah, refs clearly did us no favors early but it didn't matter cause we just kept making huge plays.

The first big completion to Thomas was not a catch, the ball hit the ground, but Seattle stopped em' on 4th down so that erased that entire drive, but with 2 time outs, we could of scored one more time before the half. Good thing Percy ran that one back, just created a giant mountain of points Denver had to climb out of.

sutz

Reaction score
Funny, the only thing I thought the refs really blew was the OPI against Sherman. It was an incompletion, though, so it didn't really hurt.

I dislike the whole "payback for XL" meme because it cheapens the victory. People will be saying the league was just paying us back for XL instead of acknowledging the way we won.

No. We won this one, fair and square.

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
Seahawk772002":33rk9wan said:
It is hard to keep it in perspective

I used to remind Steeler fans I respected the 5 time super bowl champions while disrespecting the stealer XL trophy

I made a committment to never trash talk another fan base, as a 12 we are better than that

Agree with your sentiments about being a 12, but here's the thing. The majority of questionable calls were ticky-tack at worst. The only call that absolutely horrid was the Hasselbeck flag. Why would I blame the Steelers for that? Leavy's crew is a bunch of incompetents - not the Steelers' fault. In fact, the Steelers were screwed this year by Leavy's crew in the KC/SD game.

How many of us Seahawks fans would give back a win never mind a Lombardi if our team was the beneficiary of bad calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.