We were just paid back in spades for XL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
sutz":3ajb7iu9 said:
Funny, the only thing I thought the refs really blew was the OPI against Sherman. It was an incompletion, though, so it didn't really hurt.

I dislike the whole "payback for XL" meme because it cheapens the victory. People will be saying the league was just paying us back for XL instead of acknowledging the way we won.

No. We won this one, fair and square.

Excellent post!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
swissvale72":1ewqez0l said:
HawkWow":1ewqez0l said:
"Paid back"? WTF? Happy for our 1st (official) SB win, but this sure as hell doesn't erase the atrocities of the first.

Atrocities? Your team played an outstanding game last night...it was an ass-kicking of the highest order. But seriously....can't you enjoy being Super Bowl champions and cease the 8-year bellyaching from SB XL.

Yeah....I know that the lamebrain Bill Leavy apologized. And yeah....I know that John Madden, who still can't get over the Immaculate Reception, 40 years later, said that Lochlear wasn't holding.

But I know what my eyes told me....
*Jackson extended his arm on Chris Hope right in front of the official, thus drawing a legit OPI call.
*The nose of the ball pierced the goal line on Roethlisberger's run while he was airborne, thus not reversing it was the proper call
*Lochlear was holding Clark Haggens, had been doing so for awhile, and should have been flagged more than once

I'll give you the call on Hasselbeck's low block after he threw the ball right into Ike Taylor's stone hands on 3rd down.

So seriously, enjoy the win...it's an awesome team you have....but c'mon....stop the crying.

Nice to see the Steeler fans still lurk here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
swissvale72":2royxk0e said:
HawkWow":2royxk0e said:
"Paid back"? WTF? Happy for our 1st (official) SB win, but this sure as hell doesn't erase the atrocities of the first.

Atrocities? Your team played an outstanding game last night...it was an ass-kicking of the highest order. But seriously....can't you enjoy being Super Bowl champions and cease the 8-year bellyaching from SB XL.

Yeah....I know that the lamebrain Bill Leavy apologized. And yeah....I know that John Madden, who still can't get over the Immaculate Reception, 40 years later, said that Lochlear wasn't holding.

*Jackson extended his arm on Chris Hope right in front of the official, thus drawing a legit OPI call.
*The nose of the ball pierced the goal line on Roethlisberger's run while he was airborne, thus not reversing it was the proper call
*Lochlear was holding Clark Haggens, had been doing so for awhile, and should have been flagged more than once

I'll give you the call on Hasselbeck's low block after he threw the ball right into Ike Taylor's stone hands on 3rd down.

So seriously, enjoy the win...it's an awesome team you have....but c'mon....stop the crying.
With all due respect stealer fan, you are wrong, now scram!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I would hope we can take from yesterday that the Seahawks played their greatest football on the biggest stage on the biggest day.

Despite our feelings about "last time" you have to admit we just didn't play well in 2006.

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":16kixs6r said:
swissvale72":16kixs6r said:
HawkWow":16kixs6r said:

With all due respect stealer fan, you are wrong, now scram!

How's he wrong?

droop828

Reaction score
strohmin":2woe9ghj said:
Paid back? We went out there and took that ish from them.

This right here. Nothing can ever pay us back for the travesty of XL expect for the refs giving us a SB but who wants to be given a SB? Our team did it the right way and that way taking that ish and leaving no doubt who is the best team in the NFL.

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
droop828":sj4gc2gl said:
strohmin":sj4gc2gl said:

This right here. Nothing can ever pay us back for the travesty of XL expect for the refs giving us a SB but who wants to be given a SB? Our team did it the right way and that way taking that ish and leaving no doubt who is the best team in the NFL.

The better question is: Which team and their fans would give a SB trophy back if it was perceived that they won it on bad calls?

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Today there's nothing in the world I care less about than XL. It's gone!

I love this team!

droop828

Reaction score
JimZornsCorn":3ivl3i79 said:
droop828":3ivl3i79 said:
strohmin":3ivl3i79 said:

The better question is: Which team and their fans would give a SB trophy back if it was perceived that they won it on bad calls?

Nobody is the answer to your question. Nobody at all.

An even better question would be:

Would you rather your team win by controversy in which the head ref later admits he blew it and it will haunt him the rest of his life OR have your team put in, what might be, the most dominate performance in SB history considering evrything?

swissvale72

Reaction score
droop828":3t9ylir4 said:
JimZornsCorn":3t9ylir4 said:
droop828":3t9ylir4 said:
strohmin":3t9ylir4 said:

Would you rather your team win by controversy in which the head ref later admits he blew it and it will haunt him the rest of his life OR have your team put in, what might be, the most dominate performance in SB history considering evrything?

An even better than that question would be:

Would you rather your team win SIX Super Bowls or win one?

Let's do the math...6 > 1.

Thanks, I'll take the 6, even though fans of one of the teams we beat continue to bellyache about it 8 years later, even after they've had the finest hour in their team's history.

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
droop828":3gsoiw6u said:
JimZornsCorn":3gsoiw6u said:
droop828":3gsoiw6u said:
strohmin":3gsoiw6u said:

Well of course the answer is the latter. But here's the thing, I don't hold the former against the Steelers at all. How is it their fault the refs screwed up?

thebanjodude

Reaction score
HawkWow":2qres88v said:
This.

swissvale72":2qres88v said:

GTFO. Hope you enjoyed losing to Tim Tebow.

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
thebanjodude":1h9smvj9 said:
HawkWow":1h9smvj9 said:
This.

swissvale72":1h9smvj9 said:

C'mon now, be nice!

1896810_588811997860429_203797084_n.jpg

droop828

Reaction score
Zorn,

Not their fault. Never said it was.

Stealer fan,

Congrats on your legacy from 40 years ago. They are talking about us today.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
XL was more than just a few bad calls..Everytime we started to get anything going a call would pop up to stall it..I don't blame the Squeelers however but the Zebras for sure..This win takes us further from "you should have won XL" to "You totally dominated the greatest offense in history" :0190l:

swissvale72

Reaction score
thebanjodude":3cywzkxz said:
HawkWow":3cywzkxz said:
This.

swissvale72":3cywzkxz said:

Not nearly as much as I enjoyed beating the Seahawks in SB XL....then hearing the incessant whining for the next 8 years. :0190l:

Status
Not open for further replies.