Nike Elite Jersey Issues

Gasman

Reaction score
Hi forum,

My first posting and I hope those who can assist me will.

I'm a long-time Seahawks fan and NFL nut based in Scotland and I have bought a lot of stuff from the NFL shop online. I am wanting to pony up the cash for a Nike elite jersey (I have the Game #18 Rice, bought at the International Series Game last year at Wembley, London and Limited #3 Wilson, bought from the NFL store online).

Initially I wanted #12 with my surname on the back, but have read too much already about issues over personalised/custom elite jerseys, ranging from poor quality twill, to "fake/printed" needlework on the numbers, funny coloured numbers, poor quality needlework in general over the jersey and varying sizes of numbers between jerseys. US$250 + shipping + import tax translates to a lot of cash for me and I do not want the hassle of having to return the jersey should there be any of the issues named above. Forewarned is forearmed and all that....

SO...I wonder if those of you who have bought a Nike Elite jersey that is "off the rack," ie no customisation/personalisation involved from either the Pro Shop online or the NFL store online (from what I can see, both run by the same parent company) would kindly post up a couple of pictures of their jersey please? I am interested in particular the needlework...would want to have the "double stitch" on the front and rear numbers.

Once I'm satisfied I will most likely buy #12 Fan. (Kinda a cop out, but hey, the jersey will work no matter who is on the team and I already have two players' jerseys!)

I really hope some of you can help!

Many thanks

Gasman

Go Hawks!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Gasman":ks9bepoh said:
Hi forum,

My first posting and I hope those who can assist me will.

I'm a long-time Seahawks fan and NFL nut based in Scotland and I have bought a lot of stuff from the NFL shop online. I am wanting to pony up the cash for a Nike elite jersey (I have the Game #18 Rice, bought at the International Series Game last year at Wembley, London and Limited #3 Wilson, bought from the NFL store online).

Initially I wanted #12 with my surname on the back, but have read too much already about issues over personalised/custom elite jerseys, ranging from poor quality twill, to "fake/printed" needlework on the numbers, funny coloured numbers, poor quality needlework in general over the jersey and varying sizes of numbers between jerseys. US$250 + shipping + import tax translates to a lot of cash for me and I do not want the hassle of having to return the jersey should there be any of the issues named above. Forewarned is forearmed and all that....

SO...I wonder if those of you who have bought a Nike Elite jersey that is "off the rack," ie no customisation/personalisation involved from either the Pro Shop online or the NFL store online (from what I can see, both run by the same parent company) would kindly post up a couple of pictures of their jersey please? I am interested in particular the needlework...would want to have the "double stitch" on the front and rear numbers.

Once I'm satisfied I will most likely buy #12 Fan. (Kinda a cop out, but hey, the jersey will work no matter who is on the team and I already have two players' jerseys!)

I really hope some of you can help!

Many thanks

Gasman

Go Hawks!

I can only post 2 pix at a time. So will do multiple posts. I am very happy with my jersey. If you can afford the elite I recommend. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378847043221605ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378847082757684

OP
OP
G

Gasman

Reaction score
Many thanks pmedic920.

Helpful indeed. Can I ask where you go the jersey from please?

Thanks

Anguish

Reaction score
To take Rock's post a bit further, Fanatics.com powers the Seahawks team store and NFLShop.com. So all jerseys ship out of the same warehouses and is all from the same company. Nearly all of the Seahawks gear ships out of the Fanatics.com Jacksonville or Frayzesburg, OH warehouses.

OP
OP
G

Gasman

Reaction score
Thanks.

I did realise that fanatics.com was running the seahawks pro shop online and the NFL store online.

To that end, is there anyone out there who HAS customized their Nike Elite jersey without issues? If so, would you also be kind enough to post images online please?

Many thanks again.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
In June, when the elites finally made it back in stock at the pro shop, I had a Wilson one done in blue. It looks exactly like the one posted in the picture earlier, except it is single stitched. I complained that I wanted it double stitched, but was told that absolutely zero customized elites for the Seahawks will come double stitched. With that exception, everything is as it should be and I couldn't be happier. NFL shop are also single stitched, as I called them to ask. Hope that helps, if you want a customized elite that is what you will have to go with.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
tacomahawk":35kpde56 said:
In June, when the elites finally made it back in stock at the pro shop, I had a Wilson one done in blue. It looks exactly like the one posted in the picture earlier, except it is single stitched. I complained that I wanted it double stitched, but was told that absolutely zero customized elites for the Seahawks will come double stitched. With that exception, everything is as it should be and I couldn't be happier. NFL shop are also single stitched, as I called them to ask. Hope that helps, if you want a customized elite that is what you will have to go with.

Totally confused. Earlier posts say that Fanatic powers NFLShop, and yet you state that NFLShop are single stitched, while the images seem to be double stitched.

Could someone explain this more carefully, slowly, for those of us who are old and dumb? My hurting brain thanks you.

kidhawk

Reaction score
BocciHawk":2i2961wv said:
tacomahawk":2i2961wv said:

Totally confused. Earlier posts say that Fanatic powers NFLShop, and yet you state that NFLShop are single stitched, while the images seem to be double stitched.

Could someone explain this more carefully, slowly, for those of us who are old and dumb? My hurting brain thanks you.

Not to put words in anyone else's mouth, but the way I read it was that his jersey as pictured is a standard elite that has the 12 and FAN on it. That is double-stitched, but if you want a cusom one where you pick the name/number those will not be double stitched.

OP
OP
G

Gasman

Reaction score
Thanks for that bit of information.

Shame that the custom elites do not attract double stitched numbers but the "off the rack" ones do. Maybe has something to do with turnover time per jersey?

I will most likely get a off the peg elite #12, Fan. I already own the Limited and whilst all the jerseys look awesome, I do like to have differing features on each.

Gentlemen, thanks for your help. If I have any other questions, I'll be sure to ask.

Reaction score
tacomahawk":1u7g9tlm said:

I just ordered a customized as well - this is kind of disappointing to hear, I'm paying $95 additional for customization, the least they could do is stitch it properly for that amount. I'll report in here when I receive mine in a week or two.

Reaction score
tacomahawk":e1zealvu said:

I just ordered a customized as well - this is kind of disappointing to hear, I'm paying $95 additional for customization, the least they could do is stitch it properly for that amount. I'll report in here when I receive mine in a week or two.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":ckhksuu3 said:
BocciHawk":ckhksuu3 said:
tacomahawk":ckhksuu3 said:

Not to put words in anyone else's mouth, but the way I read it was that his jersey as pictured is a standard elite that has the 12 and FAN on it. That is double-stitched, but if you want a cusom one where you pick the name/number those will not be double stitched.
;

Your interpretation is correct, the way it was explained to me is the mass produced elites come directly from Nike prestiched, where as the blank elites that the pro shop and the NFL shop get are not set up that way. This is due to the fact that the numbers although the correct size color etc. are not dual layered so they do not require the double stitching.

OP
OP
G

Gasman

Reaction score
@Chrome_Seahawk, I'd be really interested to see how your jersey turns out.

May I ask where you got the elite from please?

Thanks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How do the authentics fit compared to the regulars?

Reaction score
Gasman":1mbfdnly said:

Thanks

I bought the Jersey directly from the Pro Shop at Century Link during the Raider's preseason game - they told me it would be about 3 weeks to do the custom work, so I should hopefully have it by the Jacksonville game. I'll try to post pics as soon as I get it :)

Reaction score
Gasman":3dlvgas6 said:

Thanks

I bought the Jersey directly from the Pro Shop at Century Link during the Raider's preseason game - they told me it would be about 3 weeks to do the custom work, so I should hopefully have it by the Jacksonville game. I'll try to post pics as soon as I get it :)