KC vs. Denver

hawker84

Reaction score
KC meet reality. of the two teams combined 19 wins, not one has come at the hands of a winning team this season. KC is last years Falcons except they excell on the defensive side of the ball. Their offense will not be able to keep up with Denver. This will be their first beat down of the season and i'll go on to predict they lose 3 of the next 4...

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I like KC to keep it close. They have an awesome defense that I think will be able to get pressure on Peyton. If that's the case, it will be a close game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I predict that someone comes out of this game at 9-1...

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1hf0lili said:
If Manning gets hurt Denver is sca-rewed.

That's mostly true of any team with a game-changing QB, and especially true for teams that live off of offense.

I'm more confident that Seattle would still do well with Jackson as our starter than I am that the Saints or Broncos would perform similarly with their backups.

rsm650

Reaction score
volsunghawk":36x9l0nk said:
That's mostly true of any team with a game-changing QB, and especially true for teams that live off of offense.

I'm more confident that Seattle would still do well with Jackson as our starter than I am that the Saints or Broncos would perform similarly with their backups.

GREAT jinx. Now Wilson is going to get hurt soon even with the starters back. Damn you :cry:

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
volsunghawk":r54kvuuv said:
Largent80":r54kvuuv said:
If Manning gets hurt Denver is sca-rewed.

True but that team NEEDS Manning, we are much deeper even if T-Jack starts.

Polaris

Reaction score
The game is being played at Denver. KC comes crashing down to earth. Basically from what I've seen of KC, if you can get more than a 14-16pt lead over them at any given time, they simply lack the offense to catch up.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Polaris":oi0jg3sa said:
The game is being played at Denver. KC comes crashing down to earth. Basically from what I've seen of KC, if you can get more than a 14-16pt lead over them at any given time, they simply lack the offense to catch up.
This. We are talking Alex Smith here, not even the fanbase here are sold on him. Knowledgeable Chief fans know they have a shot but realize they have to score at least 24 while keeping Denver below that, possible? Yes. Likely? No.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I think KC's defense will hold the Broncos to a low score for the first 2-3 quarters, then they'll be worn down and Peyton will start to break through.

themunn

Reaction score
Alex Smith is limited as a passer, but what he can do he does VERY well.
Denver's pass defense is utterly woeful as well, so Smith will just methodically move 5 yards down the field at a time, gobbling up 8 minutes a drive and preventing Denver from getting in anywhere near as many drives as they're used to.

Add to the fact that in fact, the KC defense is pretty damn good, and it's easy to see KC getting the ball, driving for 8 minutes, Denver getting the ball, punting after 2 minutes and giving KC the ball back to chew up the clock again.

Remember, Denver has only faced ONE defense that ranks in the top 16 in pass defense (peculiarly, that team is Jacksonville, and recall that Jacksonville actually held their own for a good while in that game). This could go either way

Sturm

Reaction score
Either K.C.'s pass rush will get to Manning early and put him on IR for the season, or Denver's offense will be too much for the Cheifs to handle.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
It will be interesting. Not a bettin' man myself, but if it were somebody elses money and I wanted a free beer outta the deal... I'd bet on the Manning show, starring Manning and the others known as Denver Broncos!

So glad we have a "TEAM" that is winning!!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
If I was a KC fan I would be in heaven right now. They could lose most of their games the rest of the way and be a huge success. If Manning has injury issues it could be huge in hosing this game. KC does have a legit defense and Manning could easily make a mistake trying to protect himself.

I would pick KC to cover, but if Manning is anything close to healthy Denver will run away easy by the end of the first half.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I don't much care who wins. I like Manning, so I sort of root for him to do well, but seeing as he could be an obstacle for us, F him.
What I really would love to see is Denver scoring 50 points so that we can catch up with KC in scoring defense. We also need 40+ out of the Patriots to catch up to Carolina.