Johnathan Taylor

hawkfan68

Reaction score
How about the Seahawks trade Darrell Taylor, 2024 3rd round pick (#81), and DJ Dallas for him? Just joking, of course. I like the Seahawk backfield just the way it is currently.

Last edited:

Scout

Reaction score
The Broncos do have cap space but they also have to consider that they need future picks to help off set the cap costs of the RW contract.

Giving up multiple picks for Taylor may work against the Broncos future roster building ideas.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I could see the Raiders, considering Jacobs is holding out.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
He is permitted to seek a trade. My money is on Denver or KC. Where do you guys think?

The articles I've seen about it say the Colts want a first-round pick or a package of picks equivalent to a first-round pick.

Taylor is also expecting the acquiring team to give him the contract extension the Colts don't want to give him.

Are there any teams in the NFL that are sufficiently unfamiliar with 2023 positional values and running-back fungibility to give up a first-round pick for the right to sign Taylor to a multiyear extension that the team most familiar with him doesn't want to give him?

NoGain

Reaction score
I agree with a previous poster about Buffalo. They could use some more weapons/firepower on offense. Maybe Miami. Maybe Chicago. I don't know. You've got to give up both draft capital and pay him. Pretty steep price if Indy holds the line about what they expect in return for him. It's something to watch. That's for sure.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Colts are looking for a CMC-type haul of draft picks. I don't see that happening.

Mix

Reaction score
Only team that can meet his contract demands and has a need at RB are the Bears, Cardinals, Bills.

He will be a Colt or a Bear.

People are floating the Chiefs, that's a pipe dream based on Cap situation.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
My guess he won’t be going anywhere the Colts are following the Ravens lead on how to deal with a player and salary demands. Colts will make him available nobody will want to give up the draft capital and a huge contract for a RB. Taylor is a good player but plays a devalued position the Colts have all the power

flv2

Reaction score
Good RBs were available as free agants and teams didn't have to give up picks to sign them. Any team trading for Taylor is going to give up picks and pay him a substantial salary. If i'm signing a big money RB I want a team player who'll get the 1st down and go down short of the endzone if that's what the team needs late in the game. That isn't Taylor. Is there a team that will give up either what the Colts want or what Taylor wants? I don't think so. My advice to Taylor is to play just 6 games, (in line with CBA requirements), and sit out the rest of the season.

bileever

Reaction score
Irsay is an idiot. The Colts think Taylor is not worth paying for, but want a first-round pick for him. The Panthers didn't get a first-round pick for McCaffrey. (Although I think the 49ers gave up too much for CMC.)

Ozzy

Reaction score
I could see Miami as a possibility too unless their cap doesn't allow it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score