KC vs. Denver

HawkWow

Reaction score
Now Reid has Smith running the RO? They should trade him to the Niners for Kaep and 3 1sts. ; )

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks smith is being killed by his WR? Whole first half he was airing it out right into guys hands and they dropped it.

OrFan

Reaction score
chris98251":3vygq3mz said:
Let them all pick the Panthers and Saints, more fuel for the Seahawks.

Nobody picked the Saints.

hawk45

Reaction score
What was that garbage when Smith had a LB matched up on his wideout in man coverage and threw the slant instead? Wuss.

Makes me appreciate Wilson that much more. Wilson automatically launches it if Tate is single-covered on the outside, usually to good effect.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawk45":3091xst3 said:
What was that garbage when Smith had a LB matched up on his wideout in man coverage and threw the slant instead? Wuss.

Makes me appreciate Wilson that much more. Wilson automatically launches it if Tate is single-covered on the outside, usually to good effect.
Smith is fine, OK, whatever. He's the Dildofer of this decade, the definition of "game manager". Nowdays that doesn't win you a Super Bowl, even if your defense IS the 2000 Ravens.
Of course Whiner fans would love to have him back cuz he's still leaps and bounds better than Capt. One Read.

Polaris

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2ljcjfcr said:
So close but so far.They do beat them in Arrowhead.

I don't think so. It's what I suspected. KC doesn't have the offensive firepower to stay with Denver for the entire 60 minutes. The game will be closer in Arrowhead, but ultimately it looks to me that Denver will get the sweep.

Polaris

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2g3n32l3 said:
And the FG here just about puts it away................

Yep. Pretty much how I thought it would go. KC is tough and their defense is stout, no question, but if you can get two scores up and keep it that way, you win vs KC.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Polaris":262djgjy said:
KCHawkGirl":262djgjy said:
So close but so far.They do beat them in Arrowhead.

I don't think so. It's what I suspected. KC doesn't have the offensive firepower to stay with Denver for the entire 60 minutes. The game will be closer in Arrowhead, but ultimately it looks to me that Denver will get the sweep.
I think you're right or maybe I am spoiled by our defense and Russell Wilson? Either way you have a good point.

hawk45

Reaction score
Nice relaxing 4th quarter for Donk's fans because there's more chance of me flapping my arms and flying to the moon than the Chiefs coming back from 3 scores down. This is as hapless as any offense has looked against Denver.

I can see the Chiefs losing every single game this season they play against an over .500 team. They have the Broncos again and the Colts.

Polaris

Reaction score
Well it's two scores down now. If I were Reid, I would have tried the onside kick. If Denver can score another TD it's over. For that matter if they can drain KC of TOs it'll be over.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Between all the bad calls in this game and around the league, I really think the league needs to go out and hire full time refs, not Drs., lawyers, school teachers, etc. that only work weekends. The NFL needs refs that do nothing but ref or learn how to ref. So many of the refs these days are trying so hard to learn all the new rules I think they're forgeting about the old ones. I for one am tired of seeing games won or lost because of the refs. So many bad calls these days its hard to say how the game really would have ended up.

Polaris

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":172dxnki said:
rsm650":172dxnki said:
That doesn't look like a first down to me. Didn't he get out of bounds early?
It's Peyton's team. It's a first down.

It was a first down. The runner is not out of bounds until a bodypart touches the sideline. By the time that happened, the ball had been extended past the thirty.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Polaris":2ifktmh4 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2ifktmh4 said:
rsm650":2ifktmh4 said:

It was a first down. The runner is not out of bounds until a bodypart touches the sideline. By the time that happened, the ball had been extended past the thirty.
You're right. I'm just deathly sick of the ManningFootballLeague.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well at least my coworkers will shut up this week and start realizing I am not talking smack about their team or mine.:)

Polaris

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":u4fwcp0z said:
Polaris":u4fwcp0z said:
hawksfansinceday1":u4fwcp0z said:
rsm650":u4fwcp0z said:

You're right. I'm just deathly sick of the ManningFootballLeague.

I hear you. I certainly do, but sometimes as the saying goes, "truth is truth". More than enough reason to dislike the pampered NFL elite in other calls and respects.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Smith isn't the QB you want if you have to start slinging it down the field to come from behind.