Geno Smith

decaff907

Reaction score
Does anybody else wish, in some alternate universe, he was our quarterback? Obviously Russell is the man, and is a star, and right now is better than Geno at pretty much everything, but through 7 games, although inconsistent, Geno has weathered storm after storm. He may not look great in every game, but all those "attitude concerns" seem really far fetched right now. Geno, in arguably the nation's toughest market has looked relatively solid, and even with ESPN looking to criticize and ridicule all things New York Jets, Geno continues to plug away and lead his team to a winning record, despite a lack of any true weapon at wide receiver or running back.
Because of all that, and his ability to block out all the negative noise that major media outlets like to funnel into the public about the Jets and continue to focus and play good football, he is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the league.

As always Go Hawks!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Nope. Can't say I've ever caught myself saying, "Boy that Geno Smith is good. Wish he was our QB"

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
No, he certainly isn't a bust, but his inconsistency is not something to side step either. He's made NYJ better after Sanchez, but expectations weren't that high. He still deserves credit though. He's improved the team, and as a rookie obviously has a lot of time left, but I don't think he'll ever lead the Jets to anything special. He makes a lot of rookie/bone headed mistakes, but that's expected from a rookie, but Wilson(even as a rookie) hardly ever makes those mistakes which is what makes him special and he's pretty consistent in contributing to a win and rarely to a loss. Basically, with Wilson I see something special and his intangibles is a huge ++++, and with Smith, he's alright, but nothing really makes him stand out like Wilson to me so I wouldn't want to switch them around.

knownone

Reaction score
He'd be the fifth best QB if he came out last year...

ErikG803

Reaction score
Literally not even close. I've caught myself daydreaming about Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, heck, even Kaepernick on my dirtiest of days where I need something REALLY filthy to get me going... but Geno Smith? He's got a long way to go.

Vetamur

Reaction score
For some reason I cant account for Im glad hes doing better than expected..but I cant say Id ever want him.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
No thanks.

Not impressed with Geno...just seems like another middling QB.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Sorry 13 INTs now....he just had 2 pick-6's today and there's still another quarter left for more.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Benched today after two pick-sixes.

And the OP said no sign of attitude concerns. Beg to differ there. The guy acts like someone who spent the off-season arseing about with Jay-Z.