Would you rather face Indy or Denver...

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
in the Big Game in February, seeing as the Colts just put a W on Peyton's year?

Thoughts?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Denver.

Peyton has a history of not playing well in the post season and in bad weather. They play a game that would be more hindered by the weather. The colts just strike me as the tougher team.

We would harrass manning all game and force him into 3+ picks.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
As of now: Indy for certain. I agree with HawkandBalls the the Colts feel like the tougher team, but tougher teams don't trouble me as much as a hot Manning or Rodgers (in a Championship game would)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Just get there.

Denver would be more fun though, cuz of the old AFC West thing.

Indy would be fun... Wilson vs Luck.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Also by then Von Miller is bound to get caught knocking over a liquor store for no real explicable reason, champ bailey is hurt again, their defense is fragile.

indy and denver both have 17 sacks but if you add up the number of drop-backs each team has seen, I'll bet denver has seen plenty more opportunities. I know that flacco and eli combined for over 110 pass attempts just in the first two games.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Denver easily. Peyton and company choke in the lime light evident by tonight and the past.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
We've tasted the Colts and found them palatable; our loss at Lucas Oil was close enough (with bad calls) to give me hope. But Denver... I worry about a shootout with their offense if our D can't actually slow down Peyton's hurry-up O.

On the other hand, if we're relatively healthy, and Harvin is lighting it up, bring on ANYONE!!!

dbmack

Reaction score
Denver. I want Russell Wilson to make it to a Super Bowl before Andrew Luck does.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
INDY lost to SD and MIA. Should have lost to SEA. This win over DEN was a bit questionable as well and also required some fluky turnovers. Sorry, I'm not totally buying them as a really good team. They deserve credit for being in all these games, but they could just as easily be 3-4.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Indy, unless they get a home game with those officials. They still don't really scare me like Denver does.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
plus, I could see Peyton Manning getting the "this super bowl is for Jerome Bettis" treatment.

I would hate to make it to another SB only to have our hearts ripped out by the refs AGAIN.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Indy. Russell Wilson does not lose to the same team twice in a row.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":dkk8m4m5 said:

He faced Denver in the pre-season and got a win. Does this mean anything, then?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We came closer to beating Indy than Denver did and I think 9/10 times we win that game. We match up pretty well with them.

I'd take Indy.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1hv101iq said:
CallMeADawg":1hv101iq said:

He faced Denver in the pre-season and got a win. Does this mean anything, then?

Pre-season means nothing. Denver does not beat a Seattle team with a healthy Offensive Line and Percy Harvin. No way, no how.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
dbmack":ghgbb63e said:
Denver. I want Russell Wilson to make it to a Super Bowl before Andrew Luck does.

Yeppir! Would LOVE to see that. Maybe they could bring in Bill Polian as a guest commentator for the game. :)

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
You know, that's a really tough choice for me honestly. Denver WOULD potentially be the better matchup for the Hawks believe it or not, as I think the physical play of Browner and Sherman Man-to-Man really matches up well with the Broncos WR's. The Broncos Offense is dynamic, as they can score in bunches in a hurry. BUT for all of that, their defense is absolutely atrocious. Sure they beat the Cowboys ... but they allowed Tony Romo and those guys to tack 48 points on them. Coming in to tonight, the Broncos had given up 35 plays of 20 yards or more (the Worst in Football). In comparison, the Seahawks defense has given up only 11 plays of 20 yards+ (Best in Football). There's also the factor of Peyton Manning's history of coming up short a lot in the playoffs. So, a large part of me says Denver.

The other side of me though says the Colts because honestly, I WANT another crack at those guys. I honestly felt that we truly beat ourselves in that game in so many ways. Those guys are beatable. If we get to the Super Bowl and the Colts are the team we end up facing ... I LIKE our chances there, as we'll have Okung, Giacomini, Harvin, and Wagner all back and will be at full strength and clicking on all cylinders. So, that part of me really wants Indy because honestly, I'd LOVE to take these guys down.

There's probably a slight part of me that leans towards Indy because of the desire for vengeance ... but in all honesty, I'd be happy with either. Both teams have weaknesses that if the Hawks simply play their game CAN be exploited.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think the NFL, the majority of sports nation, and the Refs would be on Mannings side. I'd love a Luck vs Wilson Super Bowl.