Would you rather face Indy or Denver...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Indy. When Denver's offense is really rolling I'm not sure even the Hawks could stop them

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":tpetf4lt said:
Cincy cuz the league would have no investment in them and thus we'd be far more likely to get a fairly officiated game.

Do you think Cincy has a big enough story for a stage that large? I suspect they wouldn't even get there the same way we weren't allowed to win SBXL.

themunn

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3olrbryh said:
Indy. When Denver's offense is really rolling I'm not sure even the Hawks could stop them

And when the Seahawks offense is really rolling?

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
themunn":3mhncb93 said:
Missing_Clink":3mhncb93 said:

I'm not sure we know just how good our offense can be yet. I'm sure excited to find out, though! I hope it reaches a high level of efficiency in Dec-Feb.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
themunn":7gg4jdf5 said:
Missing_Clink":7gg4jdf5 said:

I don't know...haven't seen how good they can be yet. Based on this team right now, if Denver's offense is on point I don't think we could beat them in a shootout. Perhaps when/if the Seahawks offense hits its stride my opinion will change.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3uqz942w said:
themunn":3uqz942w said:
Missing_Clink":3uqz942w said:

I don't know...haven't seen how good they can be yet. Based on this team right now, if Denver's offense is on point I don't think we could beat them in a shootout. Perhaps when/if the Seahawks offense hits its stride my opinion will change.

I couldn't have said it better myself. But I did say it first, barely. :lol:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
It would have to be Indy only for the fact that everyone who is riding Luck and slobering all over him would have to eat crow as Wilson hoists the Lombardi in Lucks Face.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Colts: they seem wounded and I'll take every advantage we can get. We've played them close already. P. Manning is one of the best at his craft. I understand wanting to beat the best but that first SB win is more important to me.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1mwgusz4 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1mwgusz4 said:
Cincy cuz the league would have no investment in them and thus we'd be far more likely to get a fairly officiated game.

Do you think Cincy has a big enough story for a stage that large? I suspect they wouldn't even get there the same way we weren't allowed to win SBXL.
Sadly your point is right on the money. But don't forget that the league tried its ass off to get Peyton in the big game that year (IIRC it was an interception by Pitt that was obviously incorrectly overturned that the Dolts benefitted from and it was a VERY questionable call) and the Stealers overcame their bullshit. At that point the script had to change and they then became the beneficiary. Had we played Plummer and the Donkeys we would've gotten a fair shake IMO. Anyway, teams overcome the manipulation and Cincy could do so. However, if the Hawks were to play the Donkeys in the SB, IMO fans of our team had better be prepared for more of what we saw in XL*....pregame shows devoted nearly entirely to Donkey players, a number momentum slowing calls, Peyton's swan song type storylines, etc. I believe our team will need to overcome not only the Donkeys, but the officials/NFL as well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2mt0utkj said:
It's going to be the chiefs

With Wayne out (and a suspect running game) in Indy, and my own questions regarding Peyton's arm (and the Broncs running game), I too think KC is most geared for the long haul.

Doubtful, but I'd like for them to remain undefeated until we meet. The good news in that match-up is we will likely be the media darlings so less apt to get screwed (this time around).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd rather face Indy. I want to smash their stupid freaking face in. They're Lucky we made some serious bonehead mistakes in their house, that's all I'm going to say.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Broncos...Manning can't win big games...unless Rex Grossman is playing on the other side of the field...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd only be worried about Cincinnati if one of their main guys was from Jersey or NYC, and he was being awarded the key to the city. Then we'd be screwed...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Indy would be fine too because the storyline would be Russ v. Andrew so equal officiating would be possible. I think it'd be fair with KC too. All I'm asking for is a level playing field for our Hawks. The guys on the team will take care of the rest. :th2thumbs:

DrDix

Reaction score
Rather play Denver by a mile. Won't get the chance as Denver is not a team built to win the SB. Defense wins championships. History has shown high powered offenses do not win SBs. Don't even get me started on the quality of opponents the Broncos faced for their 6 wins. They faced what, one team who currently has a winning record? And that was Romo putting up 500 yards on that downright awful defense? Come on.

The offense is not going to keep up that pace. Peyton is not going to throw 4 TDs and no picks every game down the stretch. He has a history of playing bad in the playoffs too. The defense is just BAD and won't get them anywhere facing top teams with great defense + capable offense.

Indy is a more balanced team, with a more versatile QB. But the loss of Reggie Wayne to me has ended any hopes of a SB run for them this season. As far as Denver goes, year after year people get caught up with the high scoring offense and annoint them as favourites/best team etc. What we are seeing from the Broncs is not the best team, but the best offense in awhile. They will go nowhere.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Broncos. I don't think Manning will be 100% by the end of the season, and their defense is a joke.

Latest posts