Bengals or Bungles?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Bengals looked very much like the Bungles headed into yesterday's game. The feisty Cardinals were not enough to avoid the official kick off of Burrow's 2023 campaign. I was really hoping they would still look like hot garbage and be 1-4 headed into our matchup with them this Sunday. We had better double team Chase or it could be a similar result. Burrow looks like that calf has magically healed itself.

Now we are going to be facing a confident team in Cincinnati. Fortunately for us, 10am games seem to be our new jam. This is not the Holmgren Hawks where 10am games were virtually a kiss of death. I just hope we will be preparing to face the Bengals of last year, not the Bungles who started off 1-3.

Thoughts?

keasley45

Reaction score
I dont know which team we are going to get, but i think id rather face them coming off of a win than a loss. If nothing else, maybe they look at themsleves and think they're back and all is good. Better chances for a let down in that scenario than if they HAD to win to salvage their season

Burrow still looked a little bit like his calf was affecting him every now and then. Def better than the previous weeks, but not 100%. I think that if we can get him off of his spot a bit, we can do well.

Big time game for the DB room, for sure. This is when they can show what they can do.

I think they ll actually play well and that it will be in compensating a bit to stop Burrow that our run defense will slip some.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
They looked like they are back to form because Burrow had time to knit a sweater in the pocket.

Hopefully we bring the pressure & test if that calf is really healed.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Cards gave up 3 turnovers in a lopsided time of possession game. If we protect the football and the offense has sustaining drives, don’t think the Bengals put up 30. Maybe low 20s. Can we score more than 21-24 points against their defense?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This is an enormous game for both teams. Seahawks could get some validation after beating two abysmal teams in a row (and the outstanding win over the Lions). Bengals are on the verge of becoming irrelevant in 2023.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I might be in the minority for this opinion, but I hope we face the Bengals and not the Bungals.

Iron sharpens iron, and it would look and feel way better for our team to beat them at their best instead of at their worst. Recent teams like Cowboys, Eagles, (Giants last year) have done that and are paper tigers until they face a team like the 49ers.

I hope the Bengals show up, win or lose for the Hawks it will help us see where we're really at.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
The Bengals are opening up at 2.5 point favorites. I can see this game going either way. The Seahawks have done a good job at avoiding turnovers. If they do it against Cincinati then they have a decent chance at winning. Even though the stats may not say it, I believe this may be the best defense the Hawks have played against so far this season. The bengals really get after the QB.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Can't say that I have seen a Cincinnati Bengals game this year myself.
You say the venue is in Cincinnati?

So, half the referees (plus 1) are Pittsburgh Steeler fans, eh?
Yeah, I could see where this game could go off the rails...

Seahawk's have to shove this game down Cincinnati's throats right from the beginning.
Don't ever let up - Just completely throttle these East Coast bastards!

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Please NFL gods...let the pressure against the g-men not be a fluke due to their inept oline, but a true turning point where our defense figured out how to get consistent pressure on the QB. It has such an impact on the game...more than just individual plays. It is what disrupts QB focus more than anything.

If so, we got this!

OpenPassage

Reaction score
Can't say that I have seen a Cincinnati Bengals game this year myself.
You say the venue is in Cincinnati?

So, half the referees (plus 1) are Pittsburgh Steeler fans, eh?
Yeah, I could see where this game could go off the rails...

Seahawk's have to shove this game down Cincinnati's throats right from the beginning.
Don't ever let up - Just completely throttle these East Coast bastards!

This comment is funny in regards to your other post

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Big test for our cornerback room vs Chase and company. Hendrickson coming off the edge will be a challenge, especially on Curran's side.

For those who follow the numbers I heard today that despite the win, the Bengals offensive and passing EPA numbers yesterday were not good.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m going to this game….

I’ve never seen them lose while attending a live game.

At least I’ll get to see Seattle for the first time.

I JOKE….true story though. I’ve never seen the Hawks lose while in attendance. As I’m hitting this game, that means we’re taking the dub!