Hypothetical question.... Portland Raiders

korboko

Reaction score
Would Paul Allen be able to stop a Raiders relocation to Portland? Are there any AFC fans in Portland?

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
korboko":nz3qn0c3 said:
Would Paul Allen be able to stop a Raiders relocation to Portland? Are there any AFC fans in Portland?

Why would he want to?

OP
OP
K

korboko

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":okpqmsxn said:
korboko":okpqmsxn said:

Why would he want to?

To keep the PNW, a Seattle Seahawks only market. Also, I heard he won't be able to own the Trailbrazers if Portland got a NFL team. Maybe, I'm wrong.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":13ybqxfh said:
I believe he would claim that Portland is "Seattle's territory".
I believe he could but I don't think he would. Doubt we'll ever find out cuz I don't believe the people of Oregon would ever approve the tax expenditure necessary to build a stadium.

It is a bigger metro area than some NFL markets. 2 million in the area, half of metro Puget Sound.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
It didn't stop him from buying the Blazers while the Sonics were here. But this notion of Portland having an NFL team has been around for 20+ years, and the analysis that was done and has been revisited multiple times says that the population wouldn't support it and it would be economically a bad investment.

evergreen

Reaction score
I wonder how it would impact my ability to watch Hawks games down on the border... They are AFC so might not matter.

pmedic920

Reaction score
korboko":253xyyqd said:
To keep the PNW, a Seattle Seahawks only market. Also, I heard he won't be able to own the Trailbrazers if Portland got a NFL team. Maybe, I'm wrong.

I could be wrong but I think the rule is, you can't own a NFL and NBA team in same city.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
The raiders are never moving to Portland. I mean come on. A fan base known as being mean, nasty, etc moving to hipsterville, USA? I think people of Portland care more about mochachinos than they do football.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Portland is a much bigger market than many of the current NFL teams. Wont' happen though. I'd guess MLB would go there first if any sport does.

and Portland being hipsterville? it is what Seattle was 20 years ago before Seattle became yuppieville.

chris98251

Reaction score
LOL J, you obviously forgot the Trailblazers of the Walton era with Jerome Kersey and Maurice Lucas, that mentality very Raider like, I think the area would embrace them. Thing is the population density between Seattle and Portland I don't think by market would by standards be enough to get the NFL to bless it.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I have never even heard this possibility mentioned so I would say no way. I think the Raiders to San Antonio is a very good fit if they can get it approved!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Paul would stop it behind closed doors,I'm sure you wouldn't hear about it however.