How Will You Remember Peyton Manning?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Discuss.

I'll start. One of the greatest, if not THE greatest regular season QB. But probably one of the biggest chokers in the history of the NFL playoffs. 11-13 is his playoff record now. Russell could surpass his playoff wins by next year.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Pretty much.

Though Wilson can only get to 7 wins this postseason, so he could *tie* next year, but I don't think we want them to have 4 playoff games.

jawilljr

Reaction score
Peyton just broke his own NFL record...the most one and dones. He has 9 now.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Yep, he's one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game. I have many memories of him throwing touchdown after touchdown for the Colts. But the one image that will forever stick in my mind sums up his career quite nicely.

peyton-manning-bad-snap-super-bowl-GIF.gif

Cyrus12

Reaction score
will remember him for the guy that couldnt get it done in the big game unless he was playing vs rex grossman...and a guy that blamed his teammates for bad passes....and a guy that had a terrible arm the last couple years.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He's going to be a fantastic offensive coach for many years. Dude still clearly has insane knowledge of the game but his arm just isn't capable of making the throws he has all his career.

taco40

Reaction score
Tebow saves
Cyrus12":3mfsdwn8 said:
will remember him for the guy that couldnt get it done in the big game unless he was playing vs rex grossman...and a guy that blamed his teammates for bad passes....and a guy that had a terrible arm the last couple years.

I recall him adding the scoreboard operator as a goat.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Can anyone think of another player in any sport that had so much regular season success and so much failure in the postseason?

White Devil

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1xj1nplg said:
Can anyone think of another player in any sport that had so much regular season success and so much failure in the postseason?

Dan Marino

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
White Devil":25225p4m said:
Hawk-Lock":25225p4m said:

Dan Marino

The Buffalo Bills

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The perfect pocket qb ..Was an ironman for many years till neck..Greatest regular season qb there ever was..In the big games except 1 yr ..He just could not get it done...

kearly

Reaction score
It is amazing what he has done on some less than loaded Colts teams. It's more amazing that he posted MVP numbers with one of the worst arms in NFL history after his neck injury. With that arm issue the cold truly affects his game. His legacy the last three years might be very different if the playoffs were held in warmer months.

He is a hell of a QB, but at this point he's old John Elway. John Elway was more of a passenger than a driver when he won, but the Broncos are still built to live or die with Manning.

pehawk

Reaction score
Lest we forget Manning never won championships in college, Tee Martin won with Manning's team the year after he left. IIRC, his choking occurred in HS as well. I wont remember him for choking as much as kind of being a really shitty teammate. Blamescaping expert, was Mr Manning. I couldn't imagine the menstruation that would occur if Cam, for example, had done even one of Peyton's tantrums or excusifying. There'd be petitions distributed and senators written.

He never did a thing for me due to that. It was really easy to see. He was raised a spoiled heir and behaved like it.