How Will You Remember Peyton Manning?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I will remember him as the only NFL Quarterback to look LESS like and NFL Quarterback, than any other ever. Looks like my dad on Halloween dressed up as a QB.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Stats monster. Incredible football mind and ability to diagnose defenses.

But yes this, so much this. Sailor hit the nail on the head for how I will always first think of him.

Seahawk Sailor":25m6o6d3 said:
peyton-manning-bad-snap-super-bowl-GIF.gif

-bsd RPA

seedhawk

Reaction score
As the older brother Qb whose little bro proved to be a better big game Qb. Also, there is surely a funny idiot kicker line somewhere.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
B-l-o-w-i-n-g a-n-o-t-h-e-r-c-h-a-n-c-e-f-o-r-a-s-u-p-e-r-b-o-w-l.........nationwide...is...on...your...side.

hawk35fan

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3t8rowdy said:
B-l-o-w-i-n-g a-n-o-t-h-e-r-c-h-a-n-c-e-f-o-r-a-s-u-p-e-r-b-o-w-l.........nationwide...is...on...your...side.

One & Done you taste so good. Got that one from the Donks message board.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Pundits love to bring up his Super Bowl win as proof he's not a choker, but seriously, has there been a worse Super Bowl MVP performance than Peyton Manning's?

25/38, 247 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int, 81.8 passer rating. I mean, it's not terrible, but MVP? I call shenanigans. Wilson had a 123.1 passer rating last SB.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Maulbert":zm5xncau said:
Pundits love to bring up his Super Bowl win as proof he's not a choker, but seriously, has there been a worse Super Bowl MVP performance than Peyton Manning's?

25/38, 247 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int, 81.8 passer rating. I mean, it's not terrible, but MVP? I call shenanigans. Wilson had a 123.1 passer rating last SB.

...and a much better completion percentage, almost as many yards, and 2 TD, 0 INT.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I'll remember him as one of the greatest QBs of all time.

I know he had his share of postseason struggles, but not all of them were on him. Sometimes, he was the biggest bright spot on an otherwise underwhelming team that had significant flaws (sometimes no D, sometimes poor run game). Other times, he was directly responsible for a playoff loss (multiple INTs). He did have some amazing postseason games, but those tend to get overlooked because his overall postseason performance was so far below his regular season performance.

Largent80

Reaction score
He was a good QB. To me, he just is a guy that prepares well for his one trick pony act. In other words, stand there and get rid of the ball in 1.5 seconds, or stand there for 5 seconds and throw a duck, or a TD....Inconsistent in the post season.

He needs to retire.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Great regular season QB, not very good in the postseason. Overrated by the media in the postseason.
HOF'er
Made some funny skits on SNL.
Manning Face.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Just glad he turned the Seahawks down, because 48 would never have happened.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1k8k4pgf said:
oregonhawkfan":1k8k4pgf said:
White Devil":1k8k4pgf said:
Hawk-Lock":1k8k4pgf said:
Can anyone think of another player in any sport that had so much regular season success and so much failure in the postseason?

Dan Marino

The Buffalo Bills

2001 Mariners?

Sunofabitch... That was my thought too.

Latest posts