How Will You Remember Peyton Manning?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
When it comes to all the intangibles that I respect in a player Manning is #1. Family man, class, respect, work ethic, preparation, leadership, on and on.........I respect the hell out of him for all this.

But as the greatest QB of all time? No, he's top 5, but IMO he's behind Montana, Elway, Marino, and maybe even Favre, Young and Aikman.

Manning perfected the prey on weak defenses by confusion, tempo and picking on their weak links. But when it came time for the playoffs and he came up against good to great defenses he was exposed, and exposed BIGTIME.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Loosing feeling in my toes.
Man I suck when chips are down.
Omahaha, Omaha.
Just curious tho....Peyton going to be in the HOF with his ONE SB win, right?
Didn't Jim Plunkett win TWO SB's, and not in the HOF?

DirtyDave

Reaction score
didnt like him as a colt and didnt like him as a bronco.. glad he is gone if he goes.. guy who choked more than he won.. will give him props for his numbers. just goes to show that good numbers dont equate into wins and championships.. hope he enjoys his passing records cause he is done.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
10923692_857529047627118_7616808075403246633_o.jpg

endzorn

Reaction score
Tom Brady is Mannings closest contemporary. I always felt like Brady was a great QB and Manning was a great business. Brady wears his emotions on his sleeves and looks like he loses sleep when he lets team mates down. When Manning loses he seems like he hopes the loss doesn't cost him an endorsement.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I've never been a fan, honestly, something about him rubs me the wrong way.

I'll remember a stat hound, honestly, that put up ridiculous numbers in the regular season. I've never seen anyone throw the ball the down the field when up by 3+ scores like Manning.

I'll remember that Brady and Belicheck usually had his number, and that he just wasn't the same guy in the playoffs.

I'll also remember him as having an untouchable persona, he's been the NFL's golden boy for so long. I gotta say it, if Kaepernick or Cam Newton pulled some of the press conference BS Manning has (throwing teammates, coaches, and scoreboard operators [!] under the bus ), they'd be absolutely crucified.

Rat

Reaction score
I'll remember him for mostly good things.

I wouldn't consider him among the top 3 QBs of all-time, but he may be the most cerebral QB I've ever watched. I'll also remember that seemingly every WR and TE ever associated with him turned to gold.

I'll also remember him as the biggest endorsement whore in NFL, if not all sports, history.

rideaducati

Reaction score
We can't miss him if he doesn't go away. I'll remember him for looking like Frankenstein and for having the BEST OFFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE and only scoring 8 points against the Seahawks in the SUPER BOWL.

Threedee

Reaction score
He has made some fun commercials. I remember the one he made for SB XLI. My favorite was a commercial he and Eli made for MNF, where one of them locks the other in the hall closet and then goes for a ride with Archie as though nothing happened.

homerun1970

Reaction score
I will let you know how I will remember him just as soon as he quits being on my tv every 15 minutes. Is there anything he hasnt endorsed?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I used to consider him one of the top 3 QB's of all time and really rooted for him. But what he did all season long never translated come playoff time. Instead of being the next Joe Montana, he turned out to be the anti-Montana. Disappointing.

Latest posts