How Will You Remember Peyton Manning?

mrblitz

Reaction score
i liked the commercials where he told 'everyday people', 'good job'.

maybe has a future as a coach.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
At his best, he was an absolute general on the field, totally in command of his troops. He made everyone around him better. What he accomplished during the regular season speaks for itself.

Unfortunately, so does his post-season record of 11-13. He has a record NINE one-game exits from the playoffs. He's a player who would have benefitted tremendously from a mentor like Pete Carroll, who is all about finishing. A Carroll defense matched with a Peyton Manning offense (in his prime) is a scary thought.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I'll remember how he dissed Seattle and wouldn't even make a trip when deciding where he would play.
In the end, the team he rejected, beat his $%% in the Superb Owl.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
My opinion on Manning has evolved over time. When he was in college, I'm ashamed to admit I was in the Leaf > Manning crowd, as I thought Manning was too skinny and had happy feet. During his rookie year, I still though he was going to be lame as he threw a gazillion INTs, and Tee Martin won the national championship at Tenn (something Manning couldn't do).

But as I get older and wiser, I can appreciate what he has done and have to give him kudos for being an all-time great. He used to fun to watch (less so now with the lack of arm-strength and non-stop ducks he throws). He seems like a great guy, but I suspect his public persona is not a carbon copy of his real life (i.e., he's not as squeaky clean as the media likes to make him out to be).

He is an all-timer and deserves to be commended, but he does get an asterisk as he's shown that he isn't the best play-off or clutch QB (dating back to his college days).

lsheldon

Reaction score
A whiny little girl who spent too much time working on Pizza commercials to come up with anything better than Omaha.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
as one of the most overrated qbs ever.... dude sucks when it counts.. no other way to say it.