Shannahan really did ruin RG3

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Dude looks like a 3rd string qb. I mean he looks really bad.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Genuinely think RGIII is going to suffer serious damage to his long term health. He got pummelled in that game.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The turning point for Griffin was the WC game versus Seattle--two rook qbs going in opposite directions.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Yeah too bad. He should've never went back in 2 years ago.

RG Knee is nothing more than a back up caliber QB in the NFL.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
We're so lucky to have Wilson instead of RG3. This was really illustrated when we played Washington this year. 3 got screwed by his coach, yes.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Griffin's ego ruined Griffin. Going out in front of the fans, doing jumping jacks and stating publicly he's "ready to go"...while planting seeds of doubt about the coaching by answering questions with "I don't know why I'm not playing...I'm ready, I've been ready, the doctor says I'm ready, I guess coach just doesn't want to play me". That made him an ass. when he later bragged he got Shanahan fired, he became an asshole and a more educated, toned down version of Harvin when you get down to it..

Rule number 1 is you never use the media to voice your complaints...Griffin has turned that into an art form and nobody in the league, his own team included, can stomach the guy. It's always someone else's fault with Robert Griffin. The day he was drafted I said in 5 years people will be saying..."Oh yeah, I remember that guy". He's pretty much right on schedule, imo.

pmedic920

Reaction score
HawkWow":1vxjssig said:
Griffin's ego ruined Griffin. Going out in front of the fans, doing jumping jacks and stating publicly he's "ready to go"...while planting seeds of doubt about the coaching by answering questions with "I don't know why I'm not playing...I'm ready, I've been ready, the doctor says I'm ready, I guess coach just doesn't want to play me". That made him an ass. when he later bragged he got Shanahan fired, he became an asshole and a more educated, toned down version of Harvin when you get down to it..

Rule number 1 is you never use the media to voice your complaints...Griffin has turned that into an art form and nobody in the league, his own team included, can stomach the guy. It's always someone else's fault with Robert Griffin. The day he was drafted I said in 5 years people will be saying..."Oh yeah, I remember that guy". He's pretty much right on schedule, imo.

I don't disagree with you but I do feel that a team/ coaching staff should be actively involved with mentoring young players, especially the high profile ones.

I follow BYLOR and TCU fairly close, and IMO RG3 didn't have traits that would make you think he was headed down that road.
That's why I agreed with the OP.
Some kids don't need help with off field stuff and some do. IMHO there is a lot more to the problem than his personality.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Imagine what Chip Kelly could do with RG3 though? He's turned Sanchez into a legit NFL Qb, he could surely resurrect RG3 career.

HawkWow

Reaction score
pmedic920":98bpbguf said:
HawkWow":98bpbguf said:

I don't disagree with you but I do feel that a team/ coaching staff should be actively involved with mentoring young players, especially the high profile ones.

No doubt Pmed. But Griffin just made life hell for Shanahan. If that wasn't bad enough, Snyder then of course jumped to the side of his superstar QB, demanded he see the field, and it was pretty obvious (to me) the Shanahans just said to hell with this, we'll be out of here soon. Let's play his egotistical ass into the dirt.

I've not liked Shanahan since he took over for Reeves in Denver. IIRC, it was he that started the whole freeze the kicker horse shit too. I hate defending the guy, but in this example, I don't think he ruined Griffin and if you believe Robert Griffin, it was he that ruined Shanahan.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
HawkWow":19ps6d9q said:
pmedic920":19ps6d9q said:
HawkWow":19ps6d9q said:

No doubt Pmed. But Griffin just made life hell for Shanahan. If that wasn't bad enough, Snyder then of course jumped to the side of his superstar QB, demanded he see the field, and it was pretty obvious (to me) the Shanahans just said to hell with this, we'll be out of here soon. Let's play his egotistical ass into the dirt.

I've not liked Shanahan since he took over for Reeves in Denver. IIRC, it was he that started the whole freeze the kicker horse shit too. I hate defending the guy, but in this example, I don't think he ruined Griffin and if you believe Robert Griffin, it was he that ruined Shanahan.

spot on.

it was all one big chain reaction..

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Outfield":24c0yc6m said:
No, that crappy Fed Ex field grass ruined RG3.

Yeah kind of pathetic that Snyder paid so much to get RG3, but because he's such a cheapskate he has a crappy field and it ruined his investment.

Largent80

Reaction score
Remember Sad /Happys avatar it said, wanted RG3, Got Flynn....?

Thankfully we got neither.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2andq4m0 said:

This and the special things he was allowed above the team rules..They just took those away from him..Good! he never earned any special rights..He ruined himself with his big fat lazy head...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkWow":jhwy49b7 said:

/end of thread. Perfect summation.