Dan Quinn's defense...

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
I think Quinn has a bit of a curse. Sometimes teams have it ( the 80s / early 90s bills and broncos) and sometimes coaches have it. I think McCarthys days as a coach are numbered. He's had too many colossal failures. And Quinn has been with him in Dalllas and we know what happened in Atlanta.

Sometimes it's a stink you just can't shake. I'll support anyone we hire and cheer fornthe Hawks like I always have. But if I'm honest, I don't want Quinn Qarma anywhere near the Hawks.

His guys just seem to wilt to the worst possible outcome scenario and make it reality.

We need someone with fire and inspires hope. Not someone who when you look at them you think... is any lead or any forecast for dominance safe?

GemCity

Reaction score
Weren't there reports that JJ really likes Quinn? Maybe he fires McCarthy and promotes him. As for Pete, what if Harbaugh leaves Michigan and Pete goes back to college and takes the Michigan job. xD
Jeeezus that would be nuts!!

Fade

Reaction score
The result is horrible.

But even more important, is his defenses have looked horrible against, the Shanny/McVay types like Miami and now GB.

He can't be the guy due to this.

JS, please hire an up and coming offensive coach and draft a QB.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The result is horrible.

But even more important, is his defenses have looked horrible against, the Shanny/McVay types like Miami and now GB.

He can't be the guy due to this.

JS, please hire an up and coming offensive coach and draft a QB.
They still have the problem of hiring a DC who isn't a 3X loser. I really get tired of the good ol boy system

hoxrox

Reaction score
Unless DQ hires brilliant coordinators, I don't think he can keep up with McVay or Shanahan.

That's what it comes down to.

NoGain

Reaction score
Man, I try not to be rash in my thinking, but I'd have to hit the pause button on DQ after what I saw yesterday. I heard a couple of stats that stunned me about the Dallas D yesterday. First, Green Bay averaged 9.5 yards on first down. Second, Dallas played with 6 defensive backs on 48 out of 54 defensive plays when they were getting gashed on the run, and the DB's still weren't able to cover. They weren't ready to play, and they didn't make adjustments that were needed.

I also couldn't help but wince watching Jordan Love play yesterday. Yup. We picked Jordyn Brooks with the 27th pick after watching GB pick Jordan Love with the 26th pick right before us. There's something to be said for always keeping a lookout for QB talent in the draft.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
When I think of how dominant that Dallas D was at home this year, it was the Seahawks that seemed to show some cracks. There was no reason going into that game to suggest the Hawks offense would light it up. I think they both happened on the same series but came within a Tyler drop and then getting stuffed on 4th and 2 away from hanging 40 on them.

I wonder if teams around the league watched that game and suddenly thought that D was not so scary

renofox

Reaction score
When I think of how dominant that Dallas D was at home this year, it was the Seahawks that seemed to show some cracks. There was no reason going into that game to suggest the Hawks offense would light it up. I think they both happened on the same series but came within a Tyler drop and then getting stuffed on 4th and 2 away from hanging 40 on them.

I wonder if teams around the league watched that game and suddenly thought that D was not so scary
Somebody posted a line graph somewhere that I can't find now. It showed that Dallas sucked all year against decent offenses.

They just had so many games against crap offenses that it made their stats look good.

NoGain

Reaction score
Dallas was weak against teams that could run the ball. They could get pushed around up front.