Could we NOT draft CB/S every effing draft???

Rat

Reaction score
Id be thrilled with Mitchell. He's going to be awesome.

Also, I kinda want Kool-Aid, so we can yell "Ohhhhh Yeah!" every time he makes a hit.

Rat

Reaction score
Picking DBs was kind of a Pete thing. That was his fave position group from way back in his SF years and before.

So I doubt we get any DBs early, but if we pick up 1 or 2 on Day 3 as depth I won't complain.

Second the opinion that says concentrate on the trenches on Day 1/2.
He liked picking DBs, but that was more loading up in the mid rounds. Witherspoon was a bit of an anomaly. If Malik McDowell hadnt humbled he and Schneider into going BPA, I'll bet there's a good chance we would have taken Carter or Tyree Wilson instead.

Last edited:

12th Dimension

Reaction score
Funny this thread is here. A couple of good "mockers" have the Hawks taking a DB at 16 and it was the first time all draft season DB was associated with the Hawks.

I still think LG. Fautanu or Barton.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Quinyon is the one guy in this draft who might be worthy of it. He's a badass, similar to Spoon. But I don't see him falling to our pick.

DeJean is a Safety.
I would be surprised if Mitchell gets past the Raiders @13 if he is available @16 he is a definite stick and pick candidate. I didn’t see him during the season but saw him at the senior bowl practices where he owned any WR he went up against

fenderbender123

Reaction score
We could 'not draft' a defensive back, but we could also not not draft a defensive back this year.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Of course TWO effing CBs
What backup CB do you think is so good, if either of our starters get hurt you would be fine with him starting? Bringing in guys to compete only makes sense. All our backup CB have shown signs of being good but also can be really bad at times

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Cooper DeJean with our first pick?

Let's see here:
2023: Witherspoon/Jerrick Reed
2022: Coby Bryant/Riq Woolen
2021: Tre Brown (1 of only 3 picks)
2020: a break
2019: Marquise Blair/Ugo Amadi
2018: Tre Flowers
2017: Shaquille Griffen/Lano Hill/Tedrick Thompson/Michael Tyson

How about the LINE, either line, or QB?
Shocker. Team drafts a couple of players every year on spots that make up a fifth an NFL roster.

This is controversial... why?

chris98251

Reaction score
With new kick off rules guys accustomed to running down and open field tackling may be important as well.

Scout

Reaction score
To control cap costs teams are going to draft CBs more frequently. We will see how the CB competition shakes out but we might see some surprise cuts or trades with one of the CBs when the pre season competition is settled.

BASF

Reaction score
Before the draft only Witherspoon and Woolen (Bryant will be a safety is my guess) were corners under contract in 2025. We can't keep giving vet min contracts to guys who can't actually start for other teams. It is not cost effective. Especially when those vet min guys are not making impacts on special teams.