Shannahan really did ruin RG3

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Outfield":2wknff4q said:
No, that crappy Fed Ex field grass ruined RG3.

No, Griffin first tore the ACL in Waco (2009). He tore it in the 1st half of a game but refused to be removed from the game.. further damaging the knee. As a pro, he basically did the same thing, forcing his way back into the line up with the Skins.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words gents. As many of you may recall, like the Harvin deal, I took a lot of heat for my position on the Griffin deal as well. Not happy to have been right about Harvin, but I couldn't care less about Robert Griffin. At least Harvin tried to keep it all rather quiet. Griffin thinks he's bigger than the game itself and if reports coming from ESPN are true, he's scheduled to be unceremoniously dumped at season's end. Worst trade in football history, imo.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pmedic920":3vetp3a5 said:
I'm with the OP on this.

Reminds me of the David Carr story.

In that they were both subpar prospects to begin with? Yeah, I could see that.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HawkWow with the Howitzer. Way to make your points perfectly.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2xpzh8un said:
HawkWow with the Howitzer. Way to make your points perfectly.

Thanks!

Are you guys watching our buddy Harvin tonight? I know I should be rooting for him..I just can't do it. I should say here there was a time (when at Florida) that I actually coveted Harvin like no other player in that draft.

I should also say here that while I slam the guy at every opportunity, I also feel a bit sorry for the dude. I don't know if it was Uncle Eddie's pinky finger up his bum, but something really messed the guy up and all his millions won't cure whatever it is that haunts Percy Harvin.

HawkWow

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":36b1n7bf said:
pmedic920":36b1n7bf said:
I'm with the OP on this.

Reminds me of the David Carr story.

In that they were both subpar prospects to begin with? Yeah, I could see that.

I trust your ability to evaluate QBs, MH, but I actually thought Carr had a lot of potential coming out. The subsequent beat down @ Houston disallowed me from ever knowing for sure.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, HawkWow's a good poster, for sure. Racist af, but good contributor.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
RG3 is a never was as QB, he was an athlete who had an arm, nothing more. His rookie year he played in an offense that was very simplistic, and gimmicky. Most of his passes were only 5-7 yards, and they relied on getting the ball to guys in space. That is the only reason why his completion percentage was near the 70% mark. The read option was also a relatively new concept in the NFL. Teams were over committing to the run, allowing Griffin to run all over defenses. As a pure passer he was always terrible. That is why we are seeing his struggles now, his athleticism isn't what it was and he's forced to stay in the pocket more. That an makes terrible decisions on his runs.

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":1b75utvy said:

LOL....?

I spend a ton of time in other countries, Pe. I have never been anywhere in the world that I couldn't find a chick worth doing. With that in mind, how can I possibly be racist?

Edit: The Cayman islands did lack talent but the golf was excellent. I have no problem with those people.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":g3104lma said:
RG3 is a never was as QB, he was an athlete who had an arm, nothing more. His rookie year he played in an offense that was very simplistic, and gimmicky. Most of his passes were only 5-7 yards, and they relied on getting the ball to guys in space. That is the only reason why his completion percentage was near the 70% mark. The read option was also a relatively new concept in the NFL. Teams were over committing to the run, allowing Griffin to run all over defenses. As a pure passer he was always terrible. That is why we are seeing his struggles now, his athleticism isn't what it was and he's forced to stay in the pocket more. That an makes terrible decisions on his runs.

2nd best QB at the Alamo bowl.

Excellent post, SpinDoc. You make several good points esp re the RO. There were actually people saying the Colts would be stupid to take Luck over Griffin. I feel bad for the network guys that are forced to suck up to players even when knowing they are shite. I mean seriously. How in the hell could a Steve Young (once) rave about a Robert Griffin?

I've read several of your posts (in other threads) and appreciate / respect your conviction in terms of expressing your own perspective on things.

pehawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":72p407bd said:
pehawk":72p407bd said:

LOL....?

I spend a ton of time in other countries, Pe. I have never been anywhere in the world that I couldn't find a chick worth doing. With that in mind, how can I possibly be racist?

Edit: The Cayman islands did lack talent but the golf was excellent. I have no problem with those people.

Just accept it. If I have to make something nasty up to break your streak, I will.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
1. Robert Griffin was overrated coming out of college, just like most "top" qbs.

2. Despite putting up big numbers he could've used a year on the bench, something that isnt possible when you fully board your own hype train and load up on endorsements before ever taking a snap in a game, not to mention the investment Washington made.

3. The injury seriously hurt his best skill as a running qb. That would be running...

4. He plays for a terrible owner where bad outcomes are always the most likely.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":2c7h4tfy said:
..........I mean seriously. How in the hell could a Steve Young (once) rave about a Robert Griffin?........
Nineritis.

Seriously, Young is not good. He's no more than a cheerleader for the Frisco Whiners about 70% of the time. Even Dildofer is better than this guy and that's not exactly a high bar there. GREAT quarterback though.

Our friend Les would agree with the title of this thread btw. Remember how much he despised the Rat and thought he ruined players?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":36bnaijv said:
HawkWow":36bnaijv said:
..........I mean seriously. How in the hell could a Steve Young (once) rave about a Robert Griffin?........
Nineritis.

How is a 49'er QB raving about an college QB that was taken by a different team "Nineritis?"

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2tdo4xf9 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2tdo4xf9 said:
HawkWow":2tdo4xf9 said:
Nineritis.

How is a 49'er QB raving about an college QB that was taken by a different team "Nineritis?"
Did you see what I said directly thereafter about Young being a poor TV guy? Would it have helped if I put a "sarcasm off" sign or a smiley face after the "nineritis" dig? My impression of Young, as mentioned is that 70% of his face time the last few years on the Eastcoastbiased Sports Programming Network (not so much this year thought because I have grown very weary of the network) has been Whiner cheerleading. Remember, I said "my impression" so not necessarily fact. The joke was that it's crept into the rest of his "analysis".

Again, no disrespect meant toward the guys as a player though. Around a top-10 all-time QB IMO.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2ckgfbns said:
Dude looks like a 3rd string qb. I mean he looks really bad.

Shanahan got RG Knee to be rookie of the year and won the division with him. It's RG Knee that wanted to be in an offense that he can't run. He is now asked to be a drop back passer and can't do it. Don't blame that on Shanahan, it's ALL on Bob.

HHawk121

Reaction score
rideaducati":16zqsoeh said:
Chukarhawk":16zqsoeh said:
Dude looks like a 3rd string qb. I mean he looks really bad.

Shanahan got RG Knee to be rookie of the year and won the division with him. It's RG Knee that wanted to be in an offense that he can't run. He is now asked to be a drop back passer and can't do it. Don't blame that on Shanahan, it's ALL on Bob.

He was ROTY because the media wanted him to be. He wasn't exactly spectacular his rookie season.

jake206

Reaction score
In one word: Yes. RG3 is broken and will most likely never be the same.

Pak40.

Reaction score
Joey13091":3vkh9309 said:
RG Knee is nothing more than a back up caliber QB in the NFL.

I do not think he is even that considering he is being benched for Colt Mcoy. He is a back up to a back up.