Dallas and their chances to win Sunday in Seattle

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Its interesting watching some of the analysis on the Cowboys@ Seahawks game coming up this Sunday. I heard that this a heavy weight match up right now, that this is one of the best matchups of the season so far. Hogwash,,,,

First things first, this game has very little chance of being close, much less being a good game.
I think if these two teams played 100 times, the Cowboys would win less than 10 games. This stems from there only being two ways Dallas comes out with a win, one would be for Seattle to suffer a massive injury to either Wilson/Lynch AND a defensive stud. The other way would be a perfect Time of Poss control by the Dallas offense, combined with multiple Seattle turnovers/crippling penalties. Not that either CANT happen.

The line is Seattle -9 right now, and there is two reasons why this isnt -11 or more right now, and that is because of the popularity of public money on the Cowboys, and the artificial Hype on the Cowboys overall record right now.

Reasons for this not being a close game?
The Cowboys defense is down right offensive, without some huge Seattle miscues this defense has little to no chance to stop the Seahawks. Missing McCain and Carter makes this one of the worst defenses we will see in a long time here in Seattle.

Make no mistake this 4-1 Cowboys team is a mirage, but early season good records that turn into mediocre and poor records by the end of the season do happen (see 2012 Cardinals) and with this putrid defense that Dallas puts on the field, take the Hawks and give the points, because -9 is a bargin this Sunday.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jacknut16":abl60hoc said:
Its interesting watching some of the analysis on the Cowboys@ Seahawks game coming up this Sunday. I heard that this a heavy weight match up right now, that this is one of the best matchups of the season so far. Hogwash,,,,

First things first, this game has very little chance of being close, much less being a good game.
I think if these two teams played 100 times, the Cowboys would win less than 10 games. This stems from there only being two ways Dallas comes out with a win, one would be for Seattle to suffer a massive injury to either Wilson/Lynch AND a defensive stud. The other way would be a perfect Time of Poss control by the Dallas offense, combined with multiple Seattle turnovers/crippling penalties. Not that either CANT happen.

The line is Seattle -9 right now, and there is two reasons why this isnt -11 or more right now, and that is because of the popularity of public money on the Cowboys, and the artificial Hype on the Cowboys overall record right now.

The Cowboys defense is down right offensive, without some huge Seattle miscues this defense has little to no chance to stop the Seahawks. Missing McCain and Carter makes this one of the worst defenses we will see in a long time here in Seattle.

Make no mistake this 4-1 Cowboys team is a mirage, but early season good records that turn into mediocre and poor records by the end of the season do happen (see 2012 Cardinals) and with this putrid defense that Dallas puts on the field, take the Hawks and give the points, because -9 is a bargin this Sunday.
I agree . The only decent team the cryboys have played is SC who they lost to at home. I think Seattle blows them out if Kamtrack plays and the zebras don't have a repeat of the flag football we saw Monday night. No reason Seattle doesn't put a fortyburger on them unless Bevell gets ultra conservative.

pmedic920

Reaction score
From a SEAHAWK FAN stand point, I like the way you think AND hope you are spot on.
From an OLD Seahawk fan stand point, this game worries me.
It's not the CBs that worry me.
We always seem to have a game or two that we just don't fire on all cylinders, and it usually happens when we least expect it. You know, a game that we shouldn't be concerned about.
On top of that, my anxiety always goes up when we play a Texas team. These people down hear are ruthless, I still hear crap about E. Smith breaking records against us.
GoHawks

OP
OP
Jacknut16

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3i1yyxhm said:
I heard McClain will likely be active...?

Yea I was hearing he was out, now I see him as Questionable too, Regardless they are a very poor defense.

OP
OP
Jacknut16

Jacknut16

Reaction score
pmedic920":20cl4s71 said:
From a SEAHAWK FAN stand point, I like the way you think AND hope you are spot on.
We always seem to have a game or two that we just don't fire on all cylinders, and it usually happens when we least expect it. You know, a game that we shouldn't be concerned about.
On top of that, my anxiety always goes up when we play a Texas team. These people down hear are ruthless, I still hear crap about E. Smith breaking records against us.
GoHawks

Yea, the offense is going to have to take advantage of the poor Dallas D, and that means no more hibernation periods where we start going 3 and out for no reason.

What do they say about the Romo failed snap? :lol:

pmedic920

Reaction score
^^^^
They are Texans. You think they talk about that around a Seahawk fan?
That is not talked about in mixed company.
Rest assured, I never fail to remind them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":1pprk68l said:
GoHawks
Yeah cowboy fans love living in the distant past, it's all they have because their recent past (see this century) and present has sucked! I have no problems being proud of your teams past history but when none of those players play on your current team, you lose all bragging rights as those "antiques" have nothing to do with your current team's play.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I fully expect the Cowboys to follow the SD model of dink and dunk ball-control. But they have a better O-Line and RB than SD.

So hopefully the Seahawks O dial down the big play ability unless needed and use a ball control offense to keep Romo off the field.

Then if the Seahawks can shutdown Murray, I don't think Romo stands a chance against C-Link and the LOB.

sutz

Reaction score
pmedic920":20lozl8p said:
GoHawks
I thought that was last week. ;)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
If they dink and dunk it could really hurt us if Kam is out. He is a game-time decision. That SUCKS big time.

pmedic920

Reaction score
sutz":2ezy016j said:
pmedic920":2ezy016j said:
GoHawks
I thought that was last week. ;)

WELL, if it turns out that last week was our brain fart game of the year, we are set to rule the world. Hope you're correct.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
We are due for one of our patented 3-4 turnover games from the defense.

We are due for a game where we get 3-5 sacks.

Percy is due for a game in which he racks up a lot of yards instead of the usual short gains. They need to get him in space and let him turn on the jets and stop the behind the line of scrimmage throws that every defense knows is coming which result in 4-5 yard gains. GET HIM IN SPACE, BEVELL.

We are due for a big special teams play.

I'm hoping the weather is classic fall style in Seattle.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jacknut16":214zhet7 said:

At first glance you seem spot on.

BUT...
Seahawks possibly missing a starting center and Kam is hurt, maybe enough to miss the game. Those are factors to consider.

Mick063

Reaction score
Stop Murray on first down, move Romo off of his spot on second down, get off the field on third down.

Not that hard for me to envision. It all starts with stopping Murray. On second thought, it all starts with the offense getting a fast start and forcing Dallas to throw, which is the equivalent of stopping Murray.

This might be the game that propels Wagner into serious national discussion.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think Jeron Johnson is more than capable of stepping in. He knows the system quite well and has speed and athleticism.

Still hoping Kam is alright. I see us running all over them, and not them running all over us. The defenses they have played give up ghastly amounts of real estate each and every game. Not saying their O-Line or Murray are not capable, but I just don't see them getting away with what they have already in Seattle.

Sac

Reaction score
Dallas has a chance. In fact, with their offensive line they could be exactly the type of team to beat us. I'm almost expecting a shootout, actually. But we could lose if the Hawks aren't careful.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
They can beat us. Hell the Tards beat us at home last year.

I think this will be a shoot out as I am not comfortable with our pass rush right now.

OP
OP
Jacknut16

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ej2m8pb said:
Jacknut16":1ej2m8pb said:

At first glance you seem spot on.

BUT...
Seahawks possibly missing a starting center and Kam is hurt, maybe enough to miss the game. Those are factors to consider.

This is true...

rideaducati

Reaction score
pmedic920":2rvyklus said:
GoHawks

Next time you hear about Emmitt breaking the rushing record against the Seahawks, just remind the idiot that the Cowboys lost the game 17-14.

Latest posts