Dallas and their chances to win Sunday in Seattle

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":83u9hm37 said:
They can beat us. Hell the Tards beat us at home last year.

I think this will be a shoot out as I am not comfortable with our pass rush right now.

Hopefully this works out about as well as when you were concerned about the run defense a month ago. :D

Joking aside, I don't expect Seattle's pass rush to factor much in this game. Romo is arguably the most elusive QB in the pocket in the league, though he might throw a couple picks on account of being hurried.

I'm expecting this to be a pretty good game. I think there's about an 80% chance Seattle wins.

bigwrm

Reaction score
kearly":2bqbp9e7 said:
Tech Worlds":2bqbp9e7 said:

I think this will be a shoot out as I am not comfortable with our pass rush right now.

Hopefully this works out about as well as when you were concerned about the run defense a month ago. :D

Joking aside, I don't expect Seattle's pass rush to factor much in this game. Romo is arguably the most elusive QB in the pocket in the league, though he might throw a couple picks on account of being hurried.

I'm expecting this to be a pretty good game. I think there's about an 80% chance Seattle wins.

Yeah, watching Romo shed JJ Watt last week, it's obvious his mobility has improved dramatically since the opener against San Francisco.

I'm a little concerned about Dallas' run game and they're definitely going to try to control time of possession like San Diego did. I think they're converting over 50% of their third downs this year, mostly thanks to the consistent yardage they're getting from Murray.

Dez Bryant on Maxwell should be an interesting matchup. For some reason I have a tough time figuring out how good Maxwell actually is. He may be able to hang with Dez, although I wouldn't be surprised by a couple of PI penalties.

All that said, we should be able to exploit Dallas' run defense and I'm expecting Marshawn to get a lot of touches. In the couple games I've seen, Dallas seems to do ok defending screen passes so I'm hoping we start to get back to our downfield passing game. My guess: SEA 23 - DAL 17.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigwrm":2sf1pjl2 said:
kearly":2sf1pjl2 said:
Tech Worlds":2sf1pjl2 said:

Yeah, watching Romo shed JJ Watt last week, it's obvious his mobility has improved dramatically since the opener against San Francisco.

I'm a little concerned about Dallas' run game and they're definitely going to try to control time of possession like San Diego did. I think they're converting over 50% of their third downs this year, mostly thanks to the consistent yardage they're getting from Murray.

Dez Bryant on Maxwell should be an interesting matchup. For some reason I have a tough time figuring out how good Maxwell actually is. He may be able to hang with Dez, although I wouldn't be surprised by a couple of PI penalties.

All that said, we should be able to exploit Dallas' run defense and I'm expecting Marshawn to get a lot of touches. In the couple games I've seen, Dallas seems to do ok defending screen passes so I'm hoping we start to get back to our downfield passing game. My guess: SEA 23 - DAL 17.
They should be able to exploit the Dallas defense all day long. I think too many folks are looking at 4-1 at not looking at who they played to get to 4-1. The only decent team they played was the niners, who they lost at home to.

Mick063

Reaction score
After Wagner dislodges the ball from Murray and Bennett returns it for a score in the first quarter, the Cowboys will be in panic mode.

Seattle runs away with this.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I can see it going both ways.

The problem I have is that the Dallas OL is for real, and I don't think our pass rush gets home. Romo is really elusive in the pocket. I just hope he throws a coupe of picks.

I agree that we're do for a few turnover game, and we're due for some sacks. I don't think we'll get the sacks this game.

Their strengths are negated by our strengths. Our run defense is amazing (thanks Kevin Williams !), and I think it negates their run offense. Their run defense is near the bottom of the league, and I think Lynch just murders them. To the tune of 150 yards and 2 TD. It's also time for Harvin to eviscerate a team.

I can just see Romo scrambling around and making plays. I can see our average pass defense giving up a lot of completions this game, especially if Kam is out. I also haven't seen our offense get on top of a team this year, and stay on top of them. We get up by a couple of scores and just turn it off. That really worries me.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Top to bottom Seattle is just way more talented than the Cowboys, better coached, playing at home. Oh and we have russell wilson.

Cowboys are better than most people thought they would be, but I can't see them beating us at home. If Kam doesn't play that'll hurt a bit but it's not going to change the outcome so dramatically that it's the tippling point between victory and defeat.

AgentDib

Reaction score
80% sounds about right to me. I would love to revisit that after the game and say I should have put it at 95%.

I can't overlook DeMarco Murray given that he beat us in Dallas by making our linebackers look slow. We have put an emphasis on being faster there, at least in part the result of games like that, and did a lot better against him in Seattle. That game just got away from them early though. Murray only had like 10-12 carries and I think their running game really is better this year. The Cowboys are getting franchise LT play out of Tyron Smith, Frederick is maybe a top 5 center and Zach Martin has really hit the ground running as well.

Dez Bryant is also much better than most here believe. Romo throws him the ball regardless of how much separation there is and Dez just comes down with it. Should be fun to watch him go against our corners.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
So, are we going to do to the other Texas team what we did to Houston last year? (Send their promising season into a death spiral)

- bsd

A

Anonymous

Wow, so much hedging going on in this thread. Homerphobia, perhaps?

We are gonna spank those fools, and we won't need a pass rush to do it either. We rush from the ends to keep Romo in the pocket and play to bat balls and create hurries. If we're lucky, we can create a few bunch-ups that'll exact a few turnovers (see Houston Texans).

The passes Romo does get out will be more fluttery than a Pop Warner passing camp.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":13endx75 said:

We are gonna spank those fools, and we won't need a pass rush to do it either. We rush from the ends to keep Romo in the pocket and play to bat balls and create hurries. If we're lucky, we can create a few bunch-ups that'll exact a few turnovers (see Houston Texans).

The passes Romo does get out will be more fluttery than a Pop Warner passing camp.
Nice new word HH! "Homerphobia".

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":9x5k3cf5 said:

Exactly! Everyone sees 4-1 and craps themselves without looking at who they played to get there. Like I said earlier the only decent team they played, they lost to at HOME. Rams, Saints, Titans, Houston, that's who little D has beat, color me unimpressed, sorry!

OP
OP
Jacknut16

Jacknut16

Reaction score
I have never been so wrong in my life on this one, yeeowch

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2cvvizpt said:
HoustonHawk82":2cvvizpt said:

Exactly! Everyone sees 4-1 and craps themselves without looking at who they played to get there. Like I said earlier the only decent team they played, they lost to at HOME. Rams, Saints, Titans, Houston, that's who little D has beat, color me unimpressed, sorry!

Well are you impressed now? Or did you jump off a ledge and are now proclaiming that your own team isn't good and are going to miss the playoffs now?

I'm just messing with you because I laughed so hard prior to the game at all these predictions that Seattle was just going to walk all over Dallas.

I fully expected Dallas would lose in Seattle. I just didn't think we could match the physical play of the Seahawks but all these predictions that Dallas was just going to be mauled was hilarious so I have to give a little bit of a hard time about it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kearly":3k4fk2up said:
Tech Worlds":3k4fk2up said:

Looks like my concerns were legit. Pass rush was poor and our run defense was as well.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":2d52tv9c said:
Sports Hernia":2d52tv9c said:
HoustonHawk82":2d52tv9c said:

Well are you impressed now? Or did you jump off a ledge and are now proclaiming that your own team isn't good and are going to miss the playoffs now?

I'm just messing with you because I laughed so hard prior to the game at all these predictions that Seattle was just going to walk all over Dallas.

I fully expected Dallas would lose in Seattle. I just didn't think we could match the physical play of the Seahawks but all these predictions that Dallas was just going to be mauled was hilarious so I have to give a little bit of a hard time about it.
OK so you did. Been a few days. You can't go bye bye now.

Latest posts