Seahawks gave workout to DT Kevin Williams

Maxman186

Reaction score
34 is a bit old, but no harm in trying to sign him for vet min

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Please no.

Out of like 20 vikings pete and john have signed, they have all sucked. Please just stop.

Basis4day

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2sxsxy96 said:
Please no.

Out of like 20 vikings pete and john have signed, they have all sucked. Please just stop.

Holy Hyperbole

kobebryant

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1jgezblv said:
Please no.

Farwell, Coleman, Rice, Harvin ... yep, those guys sure do suck.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2tcbuwy5 said:
That Percy Harvin sure is TERRIBLE.

Nate Burleson sucked too.

Heath Farwell gets no respect.

Antoine Winfield sucks. What kind of DB can't break through on our mediocre group? :sarcasm_off:

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I would be interested to see how Williams would play in a reduced role. Pete has speculated that McDaniel may be used at the five technique, which would open up opportunities at the three technique. They have several young players who could develop at that spot (Scruggs, Hill, or Brooks). Williams might also be an option to take Red Bryant's reps at the five technique. It would not be a bad signing.

jblaze

Reaction score
It wasn't a workout, it was a visit. He did not participate in any drills.

kearly

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1ctkgg0f said:
Please no.

Tumblr minh27mlam1renhw4o3 500

Barthawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1zgx9k8y said:
Please no.

Besides Harvin-- who else from MIN have we signed in the past four years? Heath Farwell yep.. total garbage..

move along there is nothing to see here..

rigelian

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":mlvkdxkr said:
Please no.

I almost responded to this. However, I figured there was no reason why I would have to. So whatever everyone else said on this subject. :D

Throwdown

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":904gyhgn said:
Please no.

Bet you wish you had a take back option huh?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ucsnuhd said:
bjornanderson21":2ucsnuhd said:
Please no.

Bet you wish you had a take back option huh?

LOL.. As if you or I both haven't wanted that at one time or another. :th2thumbs:

Damn good idea throw.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
This topic is about Kevin Williams , not prior transactions.

I think Kevin Williams would be a great fit , he still plays well and with our rotating Dline he would stay fresh throughout the season . I agree we that I would like to see it happen on a deal Similar to Winfields a year ago 1 yr 2 mil 500k gaur.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1wiq3suh said:
Please no.

:34853_doh:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Williams (6-5, 311) notched 29 tackles and 3.5 sacks in 2013.

Williams played 746 snaps for Minnesota a season ago, according to Pro Football Focus data.

No Seahawks defensive tackle logged more than 546 snaps in the 2013 regular season, per PFF.

Wow, dude must have some stamina!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
As a starter, Kevin Williams is not a fit. However, as depth and rotational player....he is perfect. Never hurts to evaluate players.

It's pretty stupid to judge a player by the team he's on. Hell, Harvin from the Vikes, Avril is from Lions, Lynch from the Bills, Michael Bennett from the Bucs....Each of those players contributed to a SB season. A lot of folks wanted Jared Allen to sign here, guess where he played....Vikes.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I think it's just a question of how little he is willing to sign for. We could use someone of his experience and skill set to off set the losses of McDonald and Bryant.

Williams may not have the explosiveness he once did to play the three technique on third downs. But his size, technique, and run stopping ability would appear to make him a natural fit at the five technique. That might allow Tony McDaniel to stay at the three technique.

They could probably get by without a veteran like Williams, but adding him to the rotation would provide insurance in case the unproven, young defensive linemen do not pan out. And maybe he gets to add Super Bowl Champion to his Hall of Fame bona fides.