Seahawks gave workout to DT Kevin Williams

joeshaney

Reaction score
If healthy he COULD be a fantastic rotational pass rusher at DT. Most people are thinking 3 tech, but I'd like to see him as our 3rd down NT alongside Bennett at 3T. Basically be a replacement for McDonald. We have a couple other dudes after that spot, but why not give him a try?

UGotHawked

Reaction score
joeshaney":n7clx5pw said:
If healthy he COULD be a fantastic rotational pass rusher at DT. Most people are thinking 3 tech, but I'd like to see him as our 3rd down NT alongside Bennett at 3T. Basically be a replacement for McDonald. We have a couple other dudes after that spot, but why not give him a try?
+1

NYCoug

Reaction score
Kevin Williams is about to be 34?? Already?!? I still remember being there when he was drafted. Damn, I was 16. Time flies.

Williams is one of those guys that I have always wanted to be a Seahawk since he entered the league. I loved him at OK State and was glad to see that he ended up being a beast with the Vikings. Still, I always hoped that some how fate would bring the two together. I felt the same way about Marshawn when he entered the league out of Cal. I saw him thrash the Cougs in Pullman in person and never forgot about the "most amazing RB I've ever seen!" from Oakland. Right now, Suh is that guy for me. I hope the stars align and somehow make him a 'Hawk.

Anyways, I think this would be a great move. There's really no downside to it. Even if Williams were to go the way of Antoine Winfield, that didn't appear to have much of an effect on the team last season. The upside though, is that you give the young guys a little more time to season and to learn from one of the best to play the position in the past decade or so. It can't hurt. Plus, he showed that he's still durable despite his age and who knows what playing with this defense could do for him. It could make for a beautiful swansong for him. It'd be ironic too because with all the hype about the 'Hawks trying to sign Jared Allen this offseason, they'd still end up with a FA DL from the Vikings anyway. And who knows, for the price that he'd actually cost, Williams could end up being more cost effective than Allen.

I'll be monitoring this situation very closely...

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I hope they sign him.

1. A veteran presence like his competeing to make the team will always be a plus during training camp full of young, inexperienced players, who can always learn a thing or two (even if K-Will doesn't make the final cut).

2. If he does make the team, he has the versatility to play NT/1T or UT/3T. He may be old but a rotation will keep him fresh and the shot at a ring could revitalize him for an encore twilight performance that echos his prime. The dude has been one of the best and most consistent DTs in the game for the better part of a decade. So if he comes on a bargain deal... Id be estatic.

3. About 7 months from now... I can laugh at all those pesky PFT Viking troll-squitos when another one of their beloved players wins a ring with the Seahawks if Williams makes the team and contributes.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":ca8zuwyh said:
Please no.

Out of like 20 vikings pete and john have signed, they have all sucked. Please just stop.
Uhh...no! We seemed to have done well with Rice, Harvin and many others and why not give him a shot for the vet minimum? Just put him in a rotation and I would bet he'd be fine. Just like we planned for Jared Allen, except for the contract that is.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2wcb80vw said:
wow, I guess I missed the part where Harvin, Rice and Burleson "sucked"
:roll:
I would like to warmly welcome you to the 12s.

Since you are unaware, rice was a horrible bust and Harvin has been one so far.

Out of the 3 you mentioned, only Burleson did what he was brought here to do.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2dc9sm2f said:
bjornanderson21":2dc9sm2f said:
Please no.

Out of like 20 vikings pete and john have signed, they have all sucked. Please just stop.
Uhh...no! We seemed to have done well with Rice, Harvin and many others and why not give him a shot for the vet minimum? Just put him in a rotation and I would bet he'd be fine. Just like we planned for Jared Allen, except for the contract that is.
Rice was a huge bust so no we didnt do well with him. His 3 year totals are horrible.

Harvin is currently the most overpaid WR in the nfl and had a horrible season.

Next time please list players that werent busts for us, thanks.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I really dont understand why its so hard for other 12s to admit that our vikings "additions" have been huge failures over the years.

We are an awesome team and we got awesome without needing any help from the vikings players.

Quite honestly we would be better if we didnt waste money on them, but I dont see why SEAHAWKS fans cant admit that VIKINGS PLAYERS have been a big letdown.

Sheesh.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2fuu7whk said:
I really dont understand why its so hard for other 12s to admit that our vikings "additions" have been huge failures over the years.

We are an awesome team and we got awesome without needing any help from the vikings players.

Quite honestly we would be better if we didnt waste money on them, but I dont see why SEAHAWKS fans cant admit that VIKINGS PLAYERS have been a big letdown.

Sheesh.

Rice and Harvin have been great while Healthy. Harvin had a huge impact in the superbowl game and opened up the offense. Jackson was a decent pickup, probably one of the best backup QBs. Farewell has been pretty good on special teams.

Basis4day

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3juo0yim said:

Sheesh.

I'd ask you similar questions. Why do you ignore Sidney Rice's impact during Russell Wilson's rookie year? Why are you ignoring Heath Farwell's contributions on special teams? Who was a better option at QB in 2011 considering how much Hasselbeck would cost? Which, by the by, would have delayed if not removed Wilson as a qb option. Hass would have been killed behind the 2011 O-Line. Why do you speak of 20 or so ex-vikings playing for the Hawks in the Carrol era when it is nowhere near that number?

Lots of revisionist history going on here. Fans upset about ex-vikings comes down to two things. Sidney Rice's contract and Percy Harvin's contract. Neither of which impeded us from winning a Superbowl or keep us from maintaining the corp of this team for many years.

OrFan

Reaction score
Wow, I think Mora Jr. is posting here now. He knows more than everyone else combined.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1nla7o91 said:

Sheesh.
::New Fan Alert::

:2:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
jblaze":1tf87zsl said:
It wasn't a workout, it was a visit. He did not participate in any drills.

Obviously, otherwise we would have heard about the ensuing seismic activity around Renton.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1wb600dq said:
MizzouHawkGal":1wb600dq said:
bjornanderson21":1wb600dq said:
Please no.

Rice was a huge bust so no we didnt do well with him. His 3 year totals are horrible.

Harvin is currently the most overpaid WR in the nfl and had a horrible season.

Next time please list players that werent busts for us, thanks.
You're trying to be serious right? If so just don't get offended when I laugh at you, to your face even. Riverdog are you trolling me?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You're on Crack Bjorn, and I don't need to be "welcomed" to the 12's. Been a fan since 76 son.
Percy flat out contributed big time when he was in there. So he was hurt, that makes him a bust? How cute.
He was so horrible in the Super Bowl too :roll:
And you obviously don't remember all the huge plays that Rice made in his years here.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Williams now saying he'll retire if financial demands aren't met. Says it's not worth it if he's not getting paid enough.

Sounds like an intelligent motivated individual. Someone should tell him this is the last chance in his life to make a million dollars a year...

chris98251

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1f9ggcxx said:

Sheesh.

Lets take Rice and Harvin,

Rice comes in and plays, had game changeing catches in several games but has been hurt, when he has played he has laid it all out so it's not lack of effort more a product of his playing style. What you don't say, understand, or contemplate is his mentoring and teaching of guys like Tate, Baldwin, Kearse,and the rest on how to be a pro, how to work, how to handle the business of the NFL. You also don't hear him complaining about who's getting the ball in this spread it around offense.

Harvin comes in and needs hip surgery, he comes in to play the Vikings and has a highlight reel catch and returns the ball 52 yds on a kick off, but has made his mark in two plays, now teams have to plkan for him every week cause they don't know if he's going to be on the feild, he came back to early granted, but Pete and John held him back till D day, he showed up with a kicj return and several other plays that helped himself and the rest of the Receivers and TE's, we won a Super Bowl becasue of our defense and because they could not contain our offense, that was largely due to Harvin having to be accounted for.

The game is more then stat lines, sounds like a burned Fantasy leaguer that picked Rice and Harvin for points and nothing else.

Latest posts