Wilson worth the #1 Overall Pick

HawkFan72

Reaction score

JZ#1

Reaction score
Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Tannehill are all better prospects than any Quarterback in this class.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My take on the other six on all three lists:

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Ryan
Ben R.
Luck

JZ#1

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":30pdparw said:

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Ryan
Ben R.
Luck

Depending on the franchise, I think age should be a big factor. Brady on the Texans would actually be pretty decent. Brady on the Browns would be god awful. Id rather have Luck then Brady if I was the Browns.

671hawk

Reaction score
Is this the actual 6 on all 3 lists in the article? im curious and dont have an Insider account.

onanygivensunday":3j92trkv said:

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Ryan
Ben R.
Luck

Escamillo

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":bag4lj0o said:

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Ryan
Ben R.
Luck

You were close, but missed on one of them. The "experts" unanimously picked Peyton, not Ryan. Ryan did make two of the lists, but wasn't a unanimous choice.

edogg23

Reaction score
Why do I cringe every time I see Ben on one of these lists?

Escamillo

Reaction score
JZ#1":36i62c30 said:
onanygivensunday":36i62c30 said:

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Ryan
Ben R.
Luck

Depending on the franchise, I think age should be a big factor. Brady on the Texans would actually be pretty decent. Brady on the Browns would be god awful. Id rather have Luck then Brady if I was the Browns.

I read the ESPN Insider article, and it said that the "experts" were to consider neither age nor salary when answering the question.

JZ#1

Reaction score
Escamillo":3ge10hhe said:
JZ#1":3ge10hhe said:
onanygivensunday":3ge10hhe said:

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Ryan
Ben R.
Luck

I read the ESPN Insider article, and it said that the "experts" were to consider neither age nor salary when answering the question.

Oh. That is a totally different story.

themunn

Reaction score
why would you do that

surely you just pick joe montana then

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
RW is absolutely worth the #1 pick to the team that would be acquiring him, but he certainly (and obviously) wouldn't be worth trading for the #1 pick (by itself) if you're the Seahawks.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":25o9m56r said:
RW is absolutely worth the #1 pick to the team that would be acquiring him, but he certainly (and obviously) wouldn't be worth trading for the #1 pick (by itself) if you're the Seahawks.

Exactly. I tried to talk about this last year. I honestly think that if Wilson were available he would go for at least 3 1st rounders. That's just the minimum of where it would even make sense for the Seahawks to listen.

But thankfully he ain't going anywhere. He's going to be a Hawk for life.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
After watching the Gruden QB camp video with Manziel, I was surprised he like JM so much.

Cartire

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":7fo1a1ql said:
After watching the Gruden QB camp video with Manziel, I was surprised he like JM so much.

Gruden likes everyone to much. That's his schtick. He says everyone is a great talent, and then when they succeed, he points it out. When they fail, no one remembers anyway.

Escamillo

Reaction score
themunn":20mba1ok said:
why would you do that

Well, there's a difference between discounting one's age and discounting one's current capabilities. :les:
The actual question in the article is "which current NFL quarterbacks would be worth a No. 1 overall draft pick based strictly on current playing ability, without regard for age or salary.".

(And the context was "It looks like the Houston Texans won't use their #1 overall pick to take a college QB, so if they were to trade that pick for some other team's QB, which QB would be worth it?". So, since Montana isn't currently on anyone's roster, if the Texans wanted him they wouldn't need to trade their #1 overall pick to get him, they'd just sign him as a free agent. Which would be a fairly amusing occurrence. :thirishdrinkers: )

Cartire

Reaction score
Escamillo":3jv9yflx said:
themunn":3jv9yflx said:
why would you do that

There's a difference between discounting one's age and discounting tier current capabilities. :les:

That...

And I think that the consensus was 'current' nfl QBs.