ESPN piece on Seahawks Wilson breakup

Mizak

Reaction score

one thing I didn’t know:

Then came the clearest sign yet to Wilson's camp that Seattle's interest in other quarterbacks was something more than due diligence. The Seahawks, according to someone in Wilson's camp and the Seahawks' front office, called the Cleveland Browns before the 2018 draft to discuss a trade that would have swapped Wilson for the No. 1 overall pick. Wilson's agent, Mark Rodgers, found out.

W

Welshers

one thing I didn’t know:

Then came the clearest sign yet to Wilson's camp that Seattle's interest in other quarterbacks was something more than due diligence. The Seahawks, according to someone in Wilson's camp and the Seahawks' front office, called the Cleveland Browns before the 2018 draft to discuss a trade that would have swapped Wilson for the No. 1 overall pick. Wilson's agent, Mark Rodgers, found out.
Wow! Featured story on ESPN.com! This has some great insight on the break up. I'd really recommend the article and it made me open my eyes. Not a good look for Russ.

Look at this quote about Russell after the 2019 game vs the Falcons:

"He threw two touchdowns as the Seahawks jumped out to a 24-0 halftime lead but attempted only five passes in the second half.Afterward, according to a source who spoke with the quarterback, Wilson was livid at how Carroll had taken his foot off the gas, believing it had cost him a chance to grab hold of the MVP race."

Look at that. What a selfish guy. Talks about team team team but gets mad we didn't keep crushing a team that was down 24-0 because he wants to... win MVP? It's not all about you Russ! Sad!

toffee

Reaction score

one thing I didn’t know:

If only John Schneider got his way and traded Wilson to the Browns, used the number one pick and grabbed Josh Allen.

W

Welshers

Russ and his boys are working overtime to paint this victimhood, Pete the devil wanted to trade him, worked on destroying his MVP chances. Poor Russ, poor poor Russ.
Russ was angry we didn't keep throwing the ball in a 24-0 blowout! Why? Because he wanted to improve his MVP chances! SAD!

toffee

Reaction score
Russ was angry we didn't keep throwing the ball in a 24-0 blowout! Why? Because he wanted to improve his MVP chances! SAD!
It confirms what some of us have been speculating on .net, Wilson was all about getting his MVP and his legacy. Nothing wrong with that ambition, all players should aim for the best.

toffee

Reaction score
He put ambition in front of team. There is something wrong with that. It's selfish. This is a team sport.
Very true, I would guess it's one of the reasons why he has no friends or close friends in the locker room. He did for short while with Golden Tate, and Jimmy Graham, but didn't last.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'll just leave this reminder here:
Superbowl LI
3rd quarter:
ATL-28 NE-9
Final:
ATL-28 NE 34

Never let the gas off. Beat them up always.
The problem is that Atlanta DIDN'T let off the gas. Shanahan passed into oblivion instead of leaning on his rushing game to close out a game that was being led 28-3.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
That whole Atlanta team took the pedal off the gas, offensively and defensively.
They took it for granted that with that lead there was no way NE could catch up. They were so wrong.
And you know who else did that? Green Bay, NFCC game against the Seahawks.

So just remember who it was that helmed that 4th quarter comeback, not assuming any game is won or lost after three quarters.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I've seen Pete coast when he has a lead. The defence plays 10 yards off of the receivers, giving up huge chunks of yardage play after play. It's risky and infuriating to watch.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That whole Atlanta team took the pedal off the gas, offensively and defensively.
They took it for granted that with that lead there was no way NE could catch up. They were so wrong.
And you know who else did that? Green Bay, NFCC game against the Seahawks.

So just remember who it was that helmed that 4th quarter comeback, not assuming any game is won or lost after three quarters.
This is a really, really bad example. Atlanta would've won had they just ran the damn ball. It's obvious.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
5 Days. Dear God, get over it and move on. Glad he's gone, it was mutual. Next
It's an important topic that people should be free to discuss without this sort of comment every time, if you ask me.

Especially when such a thorough article detailing the internal workings of what happened arise.

It's one of the biggest trades in NFL history, and it happened just this year.

Latest posts