Can we just keep the same 53?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I love all these guys! I don't want anyone to leave.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sweezy and Carp need to go.

I'd love some Guards that could actually move someone off the ball. I'd trade our entire draft for 2 good interior OLmen. Other than that, I'll take this team again in a heartbeat.

Axx

Reaction score
Hawks46":u64lj3sg said:

I'd love some Guards that could actually move someone off the ball. I'd trade our entire draft for 2 good interior OLmen. Other than that, I'll take this team again in a heartbeat.

Unger got destroyed that game also.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I think Tates gone unless he takes a small contract. I think we would resign Baldwin over Tate. Baldwin was clutch all year, Tate was meh honestly, especially in the playoffs.

Tate: 8 Catches 61 yards
Baldwin: 13 catches 202 yards 1TD

davidonmi

Reaction score
That would be nearly impossible unless a bunch of people take major pay cuts

dutchman063

Reaction score
Wilson wasnt going to be cheap to extend anyway but this win certainly raises his and quite a few others future contracts. They won't be able to keep them all.

chihawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":u0v2v51k said:
I think Tates gone unless he takes a small contract. I think we would resign Baldwin over Tate. Baldwin was clutch all year, Tate was meh honestly, especially in the playoffs.

So in that case, WRs next year:
Baldwin (Restricted FA)
Harvin
Kearse

Potentially leaving:
Tate (gone in FA)
Rice (I would cut him if it meant we could resign/extend one of our own core young players)

We obviously need some more WRs on our team, so either a pretty high draft pick or other FA...maybe both depending on who they sign.

I would love to see Maclin, but it sounded like he would resign with Eagles.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
chihawk":3slu0uzz said:
WilsonMVP":3slu0uzz said:

So in that case, WRs next year:
Baldwin (Restricted FA)
Harvin
Kearse

Potentially leaving:
Tate (gone in FA)
Rice (I would cut him if it meant we could resign/extend one of our own core young players)

We obviously need some more WRs on our team, so either a pretty high draft pick or other FA...maybe both depending on who they sign.

I would love to see Maclin, but it sounded like he would resign with Eagles.

I can see
#1 Harvin
#2 Rice
#3 Baldwin
#4 Kearse
#5 Rookie

Rice could get cut or resign for a cheaper deal though. I would be fine with Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse, Another guy and a rookie.

chihawk

Reaction score
Zach Miller is probably another one that I would let walk if it can help get our young guys extended. It's time for Willson to really step up next year at that position. Maybe re-sign McCoy, but that will be another area of focus.

justafan

Reaction score
This team will never be the same.People come and people go.As much guff as I have given the Oline they have all made there mark in Hawk history.
We wont be the same but we could actually get better.

kjreid

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is giving Tate enough credit, that guy can block, can return punts with the best of them, can catch anything near him. I don't think he will cost and arm and a leg. I keep him over Baldwin.

Seeker

Reaction score
our highest paid player is zack miller lol.
we got some dawgs. I'm partying all week and weekend.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
kjreid":1qnq8skc said:
I don't think anyone is giving Tate enough credit, that guy can block, can return punts with the best of them, can catch anything near him. I don't think he will cost and arm and a leg. I keep him over Baldwin.

I agree. I think he's much more likely to stay then db. I saw tate open numerous times that could have gone for 15+ if rw hit him, stats can be misleading.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
My guess is this.
Cut: Sidney frees up like 7.5 mil
Cut: Clemons frees up 7.5 mil
Spend 3 of that Sidney money and redo earl to about 6-7 mil per year.
Split Baldwin and tate at 4 mil each
Then you have to consider cutting miller, and drafting tight ends, McCoy will be back.. (meh)

acbass

Reaction score
I think cutting/restructuring Rice, Miller, Clemons will free up a lot of space. I don't particularly want to see any of those guys go, but their abilities aren't so much greater than the guy behind them that they are untouchable. I completely understand we can't keep everyone, but if Wilson, Harvin, Sherman, Chancellor, and Thomas are all locked up, I can live with swapping out some guys. (I put Avril and Bennett on the edge of that class) It sucks. These guys become almost like "friends" and you don't want to see them go, but that's the price of being great.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Regardless of who you want to keep I don't see us spending 20-25+ mill locking up wrs on a run first offense.

el capitan

Reaction score
I hope they can convince Rice and Miller to restructure, even if we draft another tall WR and TE it'd still be awesome have them on the team.

Tate brings a lot of different qualities/attitude to the offense but I don't think we can keep both him and Percy Harvin.

Thurmond I think will be gone also, other teams are gonna pay more than we need to to try and replicate our secondary. We've still got Lane and Simon and you know we'll be drafting another lanky corner in the later rounds.
This team has gotten better every single year that PC/JS have been here and I truly believe that will continue next season. The 2014 Hawks are gonna be awesome.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
I don't get why people even want a guy on the team that consistently plays half seasons. Restructure rice and let tate go? Tate and Kearse are our only 2 wrs that arnt injury prone.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":1ubtp6t2 said:

I thought Carp had a pretty good game actually. Every time I noticed him he was making Pot Pie his bitch.