Moves Seahawks can make

Chawker

Reaction score
Seahawks need cap room, but I think its unlikly they will cut Geno right now. However Adans and Lockett could be cut today or tomorrow. We need to clear some cap space and this will be a big move by John.Letting Geno go now is just to risky. I'm sure Mac wanst to resign Williams to shore up our D-line. We need cap space and these move will be just the start of many.

Cheers

CactusJack

Reaction score
Potential Cuts

Jamal- Savings $16.5m (Post June 1st)

Lockett- Savings $17m (Post June 1st)

Geno- Savings $13.8m

Diggs- Savings $11m

Dissly- Savings $7m

Mone- Savings $5m

J. Reed- Savings $4.5m

Bellore- Saving $3m

Last edited:

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I am on board for cutting Adams and Diggs. I love Lockett and want him here forever but I’m ok with cutting him too. It’s a business nothing personal. If he could come back much much cheaper than that’s a bonus.

I get both sides of cutting Geno. But I lean more towards cutting him. He’s not bad at all. He’s just average. Not going to lose enough games to get high draft picks but going to get you anywhere if we make the playoffs. We are stuck right in the middle of the pack and that’s a bad place to be.

I hate watching the Seahawks lose but I think we need a rebuild. We have some great young pieces to work around but let Macdonald build with his guys. I feel I am in the minority around here but I think a couple years of losing and rebuild will be better over the long haul. At the end of the day Go hawks and trust the plan and process

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Potential Cuts

Geno- Savings $13.8m

Diggs- Savings $11m

Dissly- Savings $7m

Mone- Savings $5m

J. Reed- Savings $4.5m
You know, looking at this list, if Seattle cuts Geno, and goes into the season with, let’s say, Drew Lock, as starter….and in the draft rebuilds (shores up) the offensive line….with JPJ or Troy Fautanu, and then this upcoming season is a “let’s see what we have” at offensive line without risking damaging a potential QBOTF by sitting him a year, I’ll be fine with that.

Out of these names I think losing Lockett and to an extent Geno is the most locker room changing move.

Lockett is a loved guy and I’m sure Geno is as well.

It would be difficult to lose Lockett since Lockett is such a fan favorite and has been a great, great, Seahawk for his career but I get it if they do so….

Lockett will always be a Seahawk to me!

Geno, I’m just happy he’s gotten a chance to revive his career.

We’ll see what happens….

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
We are 4.5 million over the cap, plus we need to resign some of our guys. Its called "room to maneuver"

renofox

Reaction score
Potential Cuts

Geno- Savings $13.8m

Diggs- Savings $11m

Dissly- Savings $7m

Mone- Savings $5m

J. Reed- Savings $4.5m

Bellore- Saving $3m
This is my desired release list, with the exception of Reed. He is a great rotation piece who will offer ++ play if snap count stays low. He played 68% in 2023 and just wore out by the end of the season. Keep him under 50% and he'll stay hot all year and be a bargain.

Chevy

Reaction score
If we make some heart breaking and obvious cuts, then there are some proven stud core type players in free agency to add.

Robert Hunt 6'6" 335 lbs...He is a former 2nd round pick and is a athletic mauler in the run game. He would be my number #1 free agent target. He is a big man that carries his weight well for his frame. He is a tone setter on the offensive line week 1!

Bryce Huff 6'3"255 lbs...Huff is a proven quick twitch pass rusher. The Jets developed him and we can sign a ready made double-digit sack OLB.

Last edited:

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Trade #16 to KC where he can finish his career, trade for who or what # picks?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Trade #16 to KC where he can finish his career, trade for who or what # picks?
I would say a third rounder max, considering his cap space and the doubt that he'll ever have a season with #1 type of numbers again - but the Chiefs have no reason to make the deal. They're already winning Super Bowls without making these "I just need a guy to get over the hump" type moves. They're going to try to go young, I'd assume. Save the cap for the D/OL.

If they're looking for a high-salary high-impact vet, they'd be better off going after Higgins.