Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread SBXLVIII EDITION!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"Why not us?" - Russell Wilson

When the Falcons kicked the game-winning field goal in the divisional round of the playoffs last year, 12 Nation took a blow to the collective gut. We HAD that game. 30 seconds away from the NFC Championship game in San Francisco. So close. I'll never forget the look on Wilson's face headed to the locker room and how he commented what a great team we had and that he couldn't wait for the 2013 season.

It's like he knew something. He just knew.

Even during mini camp and OTAs, there was a special feeling in the air. We could all feel it. By the time the preseason came around, that feeling continued to build. Young or old, new fan to the team or a seasoned, salty old battle-tested diehard, no matter where you came from as a fan, you too could feel something magical about this team.

Fast forward to the Immaculate Deflection, the single most incredible play in Seattle Seahawks history. The collective crescendo from 12's everywhere was -- for lack of a better term - orgasmic.

Our beloved Seattle Seahawks are in the Super Bowl.

Destiny is a funny thing. It has a precognitive air to it. A feeling like knowing something will happen that goes beyond hoping it will. That's been the feeling through the entire 2013 season. Now the team faces an old rival from years gone by. Many of us do not have the negative association as we all do for the 49ers so it's understandable if we feel a certain calm and comfort heading into the biggest game of all. No bad blood, no smack...Just two great teams at the top of their games facing each other on a cold afternoon in New Jersey.

The Seahawks may just be the kryptonite to Manning. He has yet to face a Top 5 defense all season, and he's stuck facing the NFL's best defense in the cold. Not the best recipe to insure Bronco fan's collective warm and fuzzies. Add to that, the Seahawks offense is being laughably underrated in this match up. For the first time in, like, forever, our offense is not going up against a Top 10 defense. That's not to say they won't present a challenge, but our offense is used to higher caliber defenses as a whole. This should present some favorable matchups.

If Lynch can carry the rock for 20+ carries and gain 100 yards, this game is over. If Lynch struggles to get going, it will be tough day and anybody's guess. I respect the Broncos and their high powered offense. Our defense will have to play their A game to stop them and make them look above average. Yes, Manning is the Bettis story of SBXL* but I have complete confidence in this team to overcome the noise.

We got this.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Broncos 24

Aros' Fearless Record: 15-3

lukerguy

Reaction score
31-20 Seahawks

I see 400 total yards for Denver but inability to make a few important red zone possessions work. They settle for 3's twice early on.
I see Wilson making Denver pay with his legs on at least 5 occasions, which will open up Lynch to put the came on ice (pun) late.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
WOOOOOOO! FINALLY!

Seahawks 31
Broncos 27

Russell Wilson game winning touchdown drive in a Super Bowl for the ages.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
A seldom discussed asset: Seattle special teams.

A disregarded asset: Seattle is as deep as the Pacific Ocean on defense.

I predict a defensive or special teams TD.

Swami Sez:

Seahawks 24
Broncos 20

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I have had my fair share of "lack of faith moments" this season. There were times that I thought that the Hawks just didn't quite have the horses to beat the best teams. No more. I'm done doubting this team.

This matchup sets up so well for the Hawks. They aren't going to be deceptive on defense. They never are. They make an offense deal with them straight up. Peyton can do all he wants at the line of scrimmage, but it won't matter. The Hawks are gonna D up like they have all year. The Donks will put up some points, but this ain't gonna be Peyton's finest hour.

I think the Seahawks offense is going to look great. So long as the interior O line holds up, I think the Hawks will move the ball at will. I think Harvin will explode for an unbelievable game but even if he doesn't, the rest of the weapons will be enough.

The Donks are going to learn which team is bigger, faster, stronger, louder. This game will be too physical for them. Go Hawks!

Hawks 28, Donks 17

Sedaisan

Reaction score
Seattle O - Control of the line of scrimmage, get the Beast moving, and set up play pass.
Seattle D - Limit the Broncos to field goals, red zone defense, and get turnovers.
Seattle ST - Set up the field position.

Seattle 30
Broncos 20

Go Hawks! Let do this 12's...
I'm in

Greenhell

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ku8xsqe said:
WOOOOOOO! FINALLY!

Seahawks 31
Broncos 27

Russell Wilson game winning touchdown drive in a Super Bowl for the ages.

Please not like this. My heart could not take that. I'd rather have the game comfortably secured by the 4th. Stranger things have happened so why not?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I have no idea how it happens or what the score ends up being.

I just know two things:

Percy scores a TD and Seahawks win.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Leave No Doubt!

Champions - 34

Donko's - 23

15 - 3

GO HAWKS!

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Seahawks 30
Broncos 20

I picked us to play Denver in the Super Bowl and for us to be Super Bowl Champions back in August - i'm not changing now.

I think Percy is a HUGE X-factor for us and makes at least one game changing play on offense and special teams.