Tired of the saints saying we ran up the score

Kybowen7

Reaction score
They are always the one who run the score up all time when they went the Super Bowl and so they need to
Shut up and stop crying

djb28

Reaction score
I rewatched the game yesterday, we only scored once from the middle of the 3rd. How is it running up the score when we scored everything before the half?douches. I hope we run it up this afternoon.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
These clowns are clueless, for real. We didn't score in the final 3rd of the game. We didn't put backups in like we normally would have, but I think that's just because Pete didn't want to let the Saints go on a tear and potentially make a huge upset. Brees is still Brees.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It's just one of the many motivational tactics Sean Payton is trying to pull out of the bag this weekend.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Along with the gasoline cans he put on top of player's lockers?

If the Saints pull off the unthinkable tomorrow after all this dimestore psychology crap I'm going to lose it.

Thank GOD I won't be losing it tomorrow! :D

TheWallE

Reaction score
As a Saints fan I am not sure who says you guys ran up the score... but you didn't... thats stupid.

I will say to the OP though the Saints are one of the few teams that has historically NOT run up the score. We have on countless occasions kneeled before scoring and I clearly recall a game where we kneeled it on fourth down with a few minutes left in a game we were winning so much. Neither of these teams are point runner uppers (thats a phrase right?)

Uffda

Reaction score
7 points in the 2nd half.... wouldn't be what I'd call running the score up.

The Saints did have some big comebacks this season and hey its brees .that last td was justified.

Chapow

Reaction score
TheWallE":38i7sgem said:
As a Saints fan I am not sure who says you guys ran up the score... but you didn't... thats stupid.

I will say to the OP though the Saints are one of the few teams that has historically NOT run up the score. We have on countless occasions kneeled before scoring and I clearly recall a game where we kneeled it on fourth down with a few minutes left in a game we were winning so much. Neither of these teams are point runner uppers (thats a phrase right?)

Hmm...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/were-saint ... --nfl.html

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... the-score/

http://nesn.com/2011/10/saints-run-up-s ... rew-brees/

Sorry bud, but you are incorrect. The Saints are most definitely "point runner uppers".

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Chapow":2vormkt9 said:
TheWallE":2vormkt9 said:

Hmm...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/were-saint ... --nfl.html

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... the-score/

http://nesn.com/2011/10/saints-run-up-s ... rew-brees/

Sorry bud, but you are incorrect. The Saints are most definitely "point runner uppers".

Disagree. That 62-7 win over the Colts was more a result of the Colts flat out quitting in that game and playing like complete and total crap and less Sean Payton running it up. In fact I believe their backups played most of, if not all, the second half.

Besides, if last week was any indication.. you can never score enough points in this league. Ask the Chiefs about that.

But again, I do firmly believe that if Payton indeed said we were running up the score.. it was more to motivate his team than anything else. Kind of like when coaches preach to their team that nobody believes in them.. rah rah rah. Same thing.

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
Don't know of anyone who said you guys ran the score up. We get accused of it a lot and we say the other teams job is to play D. On our board I've never heard anyone say that so it's news to me! You guys just played a great game. Good luck today!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Kybowen7":22u3zmoh said:
They are always the one who run the score up all time when they went the Super Bowl and so they need to
Shut up and stop crying

Which member of the Saints organization said that? Since you're "tired" of it, I'm assuming it has happened multiple times. So who are these people who are members of the Saints organization that said it?

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
This is the NFL. As we saw with Kansas City at Indy last week and Green Bay at Dallas a few weeks ago, you can never run the score up too much, for no lead is safe.

Steve2222

Reaction score
TheWallE":1vtjpuvv said:

Why would you kneel the ball on fourth down? That literally makes no sense in any scenario.

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
Steve2222":3m1d7zbc said:
TheWallE":3m1d7zbc said:

Why would you kneel the ball on fourth down? That literally makes no sense in any scenario.

Because we were in the red zone.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
So far I've found references to one hearsay report that said that Peyton claims the Seahawks did this. Not only is this not something he said publicly (if he even said it) but I can't find references to anyone else doing it. Anyone else have any references to anything tangible?

Outrage over something "reported by a source" seems silly to me.

gulliver

Reaction score
Anybody see the Chiefs game? They "ran it up" 38-10 in the 3rd quarter, got some injuries and took their foot off the pedal--and LOST.

Now they're out of the playoffs. "Better luck next year."

Every team needs to worry about how to win, whether that's eking it out or blowing one up. If teams don't like getting it run up, they won't have to deal with it for more than about 1 game in the playoffs--then they can watch from home.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Krodwhodat":24zc0op3 said:
Steve2222":24zc0op3 said:
TheWallE":24zc0op3 said:

Because we were in the red zone.

So you kneeled the ball instead of kicking a FG? Kneeling the ball is way more of a kick in the nuts than kicking a FG in that situation imo.

253hawk

Reaction score
Running up the score is only a thing in pee-wees, high school and college because of talent disparity. In the NFL, it's Any Given Sunday because good coaching and execution can always beat out raw talent -- these guys are the best of the best -- that's why they were drafted. No such thing as running up the score, ask the '92 Oilers if they felt bad being up 32 points midway through the third quarter when Buffalo was out their starting all-star QB and RB. And this was after they waxed them 27-3 just two weeks earlier.

F anyone that whines about running up the score; they don't know squat about football.

Steve2222

Reaction score
253hawk":2xojzaj3 said:
Running up the score is only a thing in pee-wees, high school and college because of talent disparity. In the NFL, it's Any Given Sunday because good coaching and execution can always beat out raw talent -- these guys are the best of the best -- that's why they were drafted. No such thing as running up the score, ask the '92 Oilers if they felt bad being up 32 points midway through the third quarter when Buffalo was out their starting all-star QB and RB. And this was after they waxed them 27-3 just two weeks earlier.

F anyone that whines about running up the score; they don't know squat about football.

Well it's all a moot point because Seattle didn't run up the score and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. They scored one TD in the second half and were milking the clock.